collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I feel happy and proud.  (Read 524 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
I feel happy and proud.
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »
Okay, so to most normal people, this is not going to mean much, to me, it means a lot. I've been saving for a long time, and I will finally have enough for my 3DS XL in August (irrelevant, that's not what this is about!) I've finally found myself again, and what makes me 'truly' happy, and I'm going to be saving next for a spa break. I can't wait, and I've found where I'm going to go, and I'm working out prices. I already technically have the money for the 3ds XL and the game I want (I actually bought Zelda Ocarina of Time two days ago as I had some pocketmoney, but I'm getting Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when it's released) so now any money I make on my sales, and any money I make selling my video games that I don't want (I'm selling those elsewhere, and I've already made nearly £40) will be going towards a spa break, where I can have me time. When I was younger, there was nothing I wanted more, so now, I'm actually going to do it, and I'm actually going to live my life how I want to.  so I'm so very happy. I can afford things, for once in my life, and I've gotten a job! (Voluntary as nowhere paying will hire me due to having no experience) but I feel so overjoyed, since coming from a low income family, it isn't often I can afford much, and what I buy that isn't necessity like clothing, I buy all myself.

So, yeah, just a happy post, since I feel so very happy right now, and it isn't often I feel this way, and like I've got things into perspective.

So, share your joy with me!

Icey

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I feel happy and proud.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »
Huge congrats!
:frolic:

I've been also trying to find a job over the summer, but it's really frustrating how no one will hire you if you don't have experience, but you can't get any because you can't get a job without it.  >_< Hopefully, I'll be able to find some volunteer work.
Still, I'm not losing hope because I'm really looking forward to the day when I'll be independent and earn my own money and live in my own place :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »
Thank you! :D

I know, it's so hard isn't it? I was lucky to get my voluntary job, I start work on Tuesday. Best wishes finding a job, I hope you are hired soon! :)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 01:22:55 PM »
Hey, a volunteer position can be a great way to start in a tough job market. If it works out, you get to prove yourself capable - which is what employers are really looking for.  You'll be able to get a letter of recommendation, and it'll look great on your resume for future job applications.  Awesome!  Not to mention volunteer jobs can be some of the most rewarding.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
I agree, I can't wait, that's why I applied for so many voluntary positions, I need the experience desperately :)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »
Congrats Icey.. I hope you have a lovely time (and blog about it so I can be nosey).. :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 03:48:46 PM »
Hey, congrats!
Volunteering always looks good on resume if you have minimal work experience. :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »
Yay! This was a fun post to read! I've been wanting to do a spa day forever. A friend and I were going to do it months ago but then the plans fell through. All of my spare money usually gets saved for going to Dragon*Con, so I don't generally have any left for thigns like spas. I'm super glad to hear that you're treating yourself!

Do you have your 3DS yet? Friend me if you have it! My code is in my sig. :D

Oh, and hey, volunteer work usually counts as good work experience -- you're building a resume! Also, as a library employee, I always recommend volunteering at your local library if you can -- that generally looks good, too. :)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »
Congratulations!  It sounds like things are going super well for you!  The feeling of being able to get something that you have had to work hard and save for is so rewarding!  Way to go!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
Congrats! That's awesome!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »
That's great news !! I actually volunteered for 3 months before applying for a permanent position which I would NEVER have had a chance with had I not volunteered. Its definitely a great way to get your foot in the door
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 12:42:52 AM »
Congrats! I'm proud of you! :D

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 01:57:57 AM »
Congrats Icey.. I hope you have a lovely time (and blog about it so I can be nosey).. :)

I certainly will be, I need some interesting content for my blog :)

Hey, congrats!
Volunteering always looks good on resume if you have minimal work experience. :o)

Thank you, that's what I was thinking :)

Yay! This was a fun post to read! I've been wanting to do a spa day forever. A friend and I were going to do it months ago but then the plans fell through. All of my spare money usually gets saved for going to Dragon*Con, so I don't generally have any left for thigns like spas. I'm super glad to hear that you're treating yourself!

Do you have your 3DS yet? Friend me if you have it! My code is in my sig. :D

Oh, and hey, volunteer work usually counts as good work experience -- you're building a resume! Also, as a library employee, I always recommend volunteering at your local library if you can -- that generally looks good, too. :)

I don't have my 3DS yet, I have to post items to the new owners, and im don't touch the money before they send confirmation of receipt, that way we are covered in case of any issues! But my children's bond clears soon, and that's more than enough for the console and sapphire remake :)

Yeah, I would go for the library, but I have the exact work that I'm after now, so I'll stick to this now, otherwise, I'd definitely consider it!

Congratulations!  It sounds like things are going super well for you!  The feeling of being able to get something that you have had to work hard and save for is so rewarding!  Way to go!

Exactly! Thank you, I am indeed very chuffed! And it is isn't it? Saving hard for something makes it all the more exciting that in you could just buy it instantly, there is no exciting buildup!

Congrats! That's awesome!

^.^

That's great news !! I actually volunteered for 3 months before applying for a permanent position which I would NEVER have had a chance with had I not volunteered. Its definitely a great way to get your foot in the door

That's awesome to hear, gives me more hope :)

Congrats! I'm proud of you! :D

Thank you ^.^ :heart:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »
Aww, huge congrats!

I settled with the normal 3DS but it was on sale and in the colour I wanted so im happy :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »
Aww, huge congrats!

I settled with the normal 3DS but it was on sale and in the colour I wanted so im happy :)

Thank you very much melody :)

That sounds good, I've been shopping around, and I'll be getting a second hand one for sure as they are cheaper! I only want the larger screen for alpha sapphire, I can't wait to see what it's like! Which colour did you end up picking?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal