collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can sunfading restore colour?  (Read 513 times)

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Can sunfading restore colour?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Yes, I've done this, but it's not exactly "restoring" the color but fading the yellowed/brown discoloration that was dulling the original color that was still present. I've found it especially works well with mildew stains that didn't wash out, but I've had success with some other discoloration as well.

For example: the head after sunfading (I later faded the body to match)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow, this is very impressive! Do you have more pictures? And how long did it take?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Can sunfading restore colour?
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 05:53:04 AM »
Oh! Cool things to have access to!

I think that will work...although it may even work too well! Its UVA and UVB which we of course all use to sun fade as those are the wavelengths which reach us here, as you mention, UVC cant penetrate due to its wavelength. UVC is the most intense of all 3 [as you know...its used to kill bacteria, mould and other viruses as well as to sterilise - no other UV rays will do that as quickly or efficiently] and even though its not able to penetrate very deeply, because ponies are made from a soft plastic I would suspect it will have no issue with penetrating the plastic at all. If there is no filter on the bulbs you are using, I would think it will work very efficiently because UVC will fade colours and dyes after exposure.

Have fun! And cant wait to hear the results.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal