collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seeing others playing with ponies.  (Read 398 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Seeing others playing with ponies.
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »
I meant to post this ages ago, but I kept getting side-tracked with other things.

Sometime last month, my family and I visited some friends, and on one day various people visited including their son and his family, and his daughter had brought her collection of ponies with her, and I will admit there were a few I didn't know (and I have a feeling some of them were fakies), but there were some real ponies I recognised - most of which were G4s, but many of the other ponies she had looked to be G3 design (could be G1 design, they look similar, I will admit).

It was really adorable watching her play with them while we all just relaxing doing nothing, she was speaking for them out loud (something that I, remember doing with my toys).  It was actually coherent what was happening most of the time, like she was having "adventures" with them, like getting some of the non-pegasus ponies to find some broomsticks and flying on them (she used pencils, I think) and I think trying to control them. 

She was doing other things, like having some of the ponies steal things that clearly belonged to other ponies; one of them randomly stole Shining Armor's... shirt? Coat? Or whatever it's supposed to be (it was like "Oh, I want that!") and I've got a feeling that she made one of her ponies wear either Twilight's crown or Cadance's crown and act like she was a princess, with another pony saying she wasn't (she had a Cadance, who she brought over the next day or so, but I can't remember if she had a Twilight).

There was one moment where she made her Rainbow Dash say "I'm gonna see what's happening!" and then suddenly scream and fly away out of control - I have no idea what happened there, but I found it funny.  :lol:  She refered to Rainbow Dash by name as well, which I liked.

Have you ever watched anyone play ponies these days, and how do you feel?  Does it give you a kind of nostalgia feeling?  I'd assume it does so more than me, as you've probably played with ponies when were younger, where I just get a sense of wishing I had done, but I am more determied than ever to get a full collection going.

I wish I could remember the others in more detail - I'll see if I can see them on MLW, but when I asked the parents they said they just got them from random places, and they doubted all of them were MLP.  I am embarressed that I didn't recognise that many, especially if they were real, but I couldn't really look at all of them/  There was a strange one with what look like three or so hazard signs as her (I think) cutie mark, so I would assume she was a fakie.

Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you all.   
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Seeing others playing with ponies.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
My two daughters have a herd of G3's and a couple of baity G1's. Watching them play with their ponies is hilarious, and heartwarming. They play much the same way as you observed of your friend's daughter  :)  Things get very vocal, political... excitable  :lol: 

From weddings to adventures, those ponies get up to all sorts of things... and occasionally I like to sneak up and hide just behind a door and listen/watch. It brings the biggest smile to my face  :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »
awww I don't normally care for kids but watching that would have probably made me smile.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
That's so lovely. I love the broomstick pencils and the crown stealing antics. Very sweet and funny  ^.^
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »
Hee hee cute story!

I see quite a few young kids these days carrying around Pony plushies in public (most recently I saw a little girl at the mall carrying around a much-loved Pinkie Pie from Build-a-Bear, and also at my niece's high school graduation I saw a young girl holding a Rainbow Dash beanie baby). But I haven't seen them carrying or playing with the toys themselves.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
I love listening to children play with toys, and I like to play along too if they let me.  I've never seen anybody play with ponies before though.  I did see a cute little girl at a hotel about two weeks ago who had a Rarity Aurora plush with her.  I just wanted to high-five her and tell her Rarity was the best pony. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
Such an adorable story :) I used to play with mine like that when I was little too. I can't wait until I have kids so I can see what it's like from a parent's/adult's point of view :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
how cute. its always good to see that kids use their imaginations and get so immersed into their adventures, it can pull you right in with them. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
What a lovely story :) I love to see ponies actually being toys and being loved for what they truly are designed for! A lovely thing to watch or see.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
Cute story, I would also appreciate seeing some kids playing with ponies  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 03:53:05 PM »
My neice gave me her ponies (SA castle set) saying she didn't know how to play with them :( Then she said "Mom told me i should give it to a child who would love it, and then i remembered YOU like ponies!" She was about 5 at the time...so cute! One day when I went over to babysit I brought my complete G1 Nursery playset, the Pretty Parlour, and huge bag full of G1 and G4 ponies. She and her younger brother went nuts :lol: Now they ask for the ponies every time I come over, and Graydon asks for his favourite, "Puff Tail" aka Curly Locks. He LOVES ratcheting her head around and reefing on her tail!
My neice was playing with a bunch of G4's one day and my BF noticed that everyone had really nice, well groomed manes and tails...everyone except Pinkie Pie. He asked "What's up with that one? Why is she such a hot mess?" Her answer? "That's Pinkie pie. She's been playing with the donkeys!" :lol:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »
I love it when I see little kids playing with toys, no matter what kind of toys they are. My daughter will get all of her ponies out and play with. She will set up all of her castles and the G1 Nursery that I got her. It makes me happy to see her doing that :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal