collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you feel guilty about baiting a pony?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you feel guilty about baiting a pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Yeah.  :blush: I've found several G3s secondhand, and they're usually in good shape aside from messy hair and surface dirt. I feel bad baiting ponies that are still that nice.

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 12:19:54 AM »
I don't usually feel guilty if the pony's in *extra* bad condition.  I guess I feel like...it makes the pony happier?  Getting new hair and eyes, becoming something new and (hopefully) beautiful.  To be fair, I love my G1s to death and tend to be more about restoration on those.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 06:46:06 AM »
I felt guilty at first, not anymore.  I buy $1 baits from collectors of all generations.  I do give them little pep talks through the process lol.  I'm not baiting anything rare or pristine :P

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 07:00:44 AM »
I've been feeling more and more guilty about g1's since I started collecting them. Luckily I hate paying much for baits so I usually end up with really un-restorable ones (chewed on, etc...). I feel like they will have a much better chance of surviving forever if I turn them into a work of art than if they have their hoof chewed off or pin dot mold.  I've been less and less into customizing g1's just for this reason. Not because of rarity (ha!) but because I just can't ruin the gorgeous pony!

I don't feel guilty about customizing the repro g1's though  :P

Don't feel guilty about customizing mane 6 g4's. Seriously. Someday when the g4 fandom fades from the public eye we will all be SWARMED with rescuing them from 2nd hand stores and yard sales.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 05:13:55 AM »
I've been feeling more and more guilty about g1's since I started collecting them. Luckily I hate paying much for baits so I usually end up with really un-restorable ones (chewed on, etc...). I feel like they will have a much better chance of surviving forever if I turn them into a work of art than if they have their hoof chewed off or pin dot mold.  I've been less and less into customizing g1's just for this reason. Not because of rarity (ha!) but because I just can't ruin the gorgeous pony!

I don't feel guilty about customizing the repro g1's though  :P

Don't feel guilty about customizing mane 6 g4's. Seriously. Someday when the g4 fandom fades from the public eye we will all be SWARMED with rescuing them from 2nd hand stores and yard sales.

That's how I try to think about it, too. I've heard scary (to me!) stories about folks throwing out ponies because they seemed 'too awful' to restore... when really, they'd be an ideal bait candidate! Better anything else than the trash, you know? Why not a pony-shaped planter, even? ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »
If you don't mind me temporarily going off topic, you have a lovely avatar, Snapdragon! :lovey:

As for guilty feelings about baiting, yes and no. If the pony's body has significant damage such as heavy bite marks, irremovable markings, and the like then I have no problem whatsoever about using them as baits. But if they're in relatively good condition, I'll end up keeping or selling them as I can't bring myself to do anything with them, lol.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »
If it's a plentiful G4 then I don't feel be at all... there is too many RDs and Pinkies out there for me to really feel bad about XD

Now a G1 or possibly a G3... yes I would feel bad
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 11:15:03 AM »
If you don't mind me temporarily going off topic, you have a lovely avatar, Snapdragon! :lovey:

Aww, thank you!! :blush:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 04:15:50 PM »
g4's? i've bought them directly from the store for baiting.
i wouldn't feel bad about that.

besides you're going to give them new life right?

if it was a g1 lightning with most of his symbols and eye paint gone. yeah. might feel bad about that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal