collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nearing the end of your collection??  (Read 952 times)

Offline PWN-E

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nearing the end of your collection??
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:35 PM »
I've been into them since I was little, but it was only recently did I start calling myself a collector. I'm interested in all gens and I just pick up what's cute. I guess my collection will never end that way. ^^

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
While I'm not out to "catch 'em all", I do think I'm at the end of my collection for now.  I already accomplished my first G1 goal of getting my hands on all of the Big Brothers and I don't have enough room on my pony shelf for my other two collecting goals: The TE ponies and the Rockin' Beats ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline mlpgirly

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 09:30:40 PM »
Y'all. I've loved this conversation. Thank you so much. Yes, hunting accessories will be fun too! I also have a lot if sea ponies to get IF I decide to collect them all. Not sure about that yet. Space is really an issue. For how I'm ok as my room is a large walk in closet but one day I want a separate building. Like maybe one if those storage buildings that I can run electricity to and create my own pony museum!!! We are talking in 5-10 years. ;)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 05:22:10 AM »
Every now and then, I long for my first year of collecting again, where I could buy a bargain lot of 50 ponies off ebay and still find 45 ponies that I needed for my collection.  That was one of the most exciting feelings I've had while collecting!  I'm getting stuck now (I have about 120 G1s and 50 G3s to go - not yet concentrating on G2s and only keeping up with G4s instead of backtracking who I missed during my hiatus) at times because I have this mentality that I MUST buy at least two ponies at each transaction to make shipping costs "worth it".  I'm not sure where that came from, but part of me feels guilty most of the time if I only ship one pony per box.  Weird, I know.

I don't really have any advice, either.  Just sort of wanted to throw in there the "me too" sentiment :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »
Every now and then, I long for my first year of collecting again, where I could buy a bargain lot of 50 ponies off ebay and still find 45 ponies that I needed for my collection. 

Oh yes! I will admit you dont appreciate how much fun that was until you get to the stage that most lots never have anything you need any more! Or you have to over pay for a lot because you need one teeny tiny little accessory but everything else is a double.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »
Hmm, I completed my collection in 2008 I believe and then sold 90% of it in 2010. The selling was very freeing. Now I very rarely buy ponies because I've had them all. All the ones I wanted anyway. No advice just a story. I guess you'll see what happens once you complete it.

Interesting. I was wondering about this the other day. I'm quite a way away from completing a US G1 collection at the moment the more pressing worry is where to put them all. :P I guess if I ever do get there, I'll have to see where my heart takes me.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »
Hmm, I completed my collection in 2008 I believe and then sold 90% of it in 2010. The selling was very freeing. Now I very rarely buy ponies because I've had them all. All the ones I wanted anyway. No advice just a story. I guess you'll see what happens once you complete it.

Interesting. I was wondering about this the other day. I'm quite a way away from completing a US G1 collection at the moment the more pressing worry is where to put them all. :P I guess if I ever do get there, I'll have to see where my heart takes me.

this. Where does one put all those ponies? I'm almost at 600 now, and my god the space is becoming an issue, and there are still so many I really want. I don't think I could sell my ponies though... I'm a bit crazy like that... I'd probably miss them so much I'd buy them all back on credit cards, lol! I think I'd probably pick a nice round number and cull until I hit it, if I got too many. But for now, I'll keep collecting and see what happens!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:44 AM »

this. Where does one put all those ponies? I'm almost at 600 now, and my god the space is becoming an issue, and there are still so many I really want. I don't think I could sell my ponies though... I'm a bit crazy like that... I'd probably miss them so much I'd buy them all back on credit cards, lol! I think I'd probably pick a nice round number and cull until I hit it, if I got too many. But for now, I'll keep collecting and see what happens!

It depends on how you define complete and how many ponies you have. I have a complete US and Euro collection - ponies, pony wear, playsets, accessories, etc - as well as a lot of nirvanas and everything fits nicely in a pony room. In fact most of the ponies have plenty of room on the shelves and I could crowd them together to make more space if necessary. If you are looking for G1 only, regular releases and the odd variation thrown in [lavender Woosie, alt Twisty Tails, etc] its not that massive a number.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
Hehehehe when I get "close" I end up purging and starting over!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 10:07:02 AM »
If I ever finish my :muffin: Pony collection, I'll go onto asking for customs / collecting custom work.  :satisfied:
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:57 AM »
So I've been collecting 12 years. I only have a few store released ponies left and maybe half of the mail orders. It is a lot harder now to buy ponies. I'm planning on making a goal of one specific pony a month. Once I'm done with G1 ponies, I guess I'll work on upgrades/quality control. I guess I'm just complaining about how hard it is once you have most of what people are selling. Any advice? How do others deal? I collect all G1 ponies, MIB G2, favorite G3, and Applejack G4.

I am so envious! :dribble: I don't think I will have a complete collection til I'm about 80!! :lol:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 11:13:47 AM »
 ;) I think I only need Holly Dash ! I have no  temptation  it`s impossible to buy any vintage toys here. I bought everything I wanted from  ebey.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »
Collect merchandise next.. you'll be collecting forever. :lol:

I haven't been trying to finish the g1 collection because I'm just big on MOCs and merch.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
LOL hathorcat - you sound so much like me!

xx

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
I think If I get the last 27 ponies I need from the US collection. I probably still will work on mail order ponies. Then I may go to Euros. Then Nirvanas or work on my other US generations. In other words I still have plenty of ponies to keep me busy.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:22:08 PM by SkyCakes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal