collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nevermind, he spoke english! original: Does anyone here speak Italian?  (Read 317 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Nevermind, he spoke english!

It might not be necessary, but I've gotten a buyer when I said 'no Italy' to an auction who is Italian and ebay didn't take my settings properly.

See, I cannot legally send him the package due to these prohibitions to packages to Italy:

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/il_008.htm

Haberdashery and sewn articles of any kind, including trimmings and lace; handkerchiefs; scarves; shawls, needlework including stockings and gloves; bonnets, caps, and hats of any kind.   

Toys not made wholly of wood.

I've sent him an email telling him he has to either give me a new address or I'll cancel, but I have no way of knowing if he actually speaks English and would appreciate it if I could have some help here just in case.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:39:35 PM by Rosencrantz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: Does anyone here speak Italian?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »
SoSilver is Italian

Just fyi, that rule is ancient and does not apply.
However I seem to remember that one shipping option to Italy is really good and one really bad, but I don't have the details

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here speak Italian?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:03:07 AM »
I've shipped lots of things to Italy with no issues due to the old prohibitions ;) in fact I just returned from my annual visit to Italy and they always sell MLP , dolls, fabrics ..really all sorts imported from all over the world and all kinds of things  in the shops all over Italy that they wouldnt have been able to sell if that rule was still in place. I dont think that you would have a problem shipping the item to him if you wanted to go ahead with it, but send it with tracking if at all possible so there is less chance of it going MIA :awake:
Plus some Italians are not that patient when it comes to waiting for items to arrive so tracking helps with that as well ;)
I can do a bit of Italian and i know a decent internet translation site if you still need help and you cant get hold of an actual Italian member to help you  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal