collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Cameos in other shows?  (Read 2826 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Pony Cameos in other shows?
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:15:14 AM »
I was just watching the English trailer of Kill la Kill. (One of my favourite anime but you really have to love this sort of anime ;) ) While I saw this...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Seems like the Junko Mizuno MLP Pony makes an appearance in the first episode! Im suprised I never saw this before!
Are there other shows who include Ponies? :)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Cameos in other shows?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »
I know MadTV has done a few segments... "Cowboys and Equestrians", "My Little Warhorse", and something that paired Twilight Sparkle with Eeyore. The latest Teen Titans show has an in-universe show "My Pretty Pegasus" with clear origins. And this happens in the latest Transformers movie:
Spoiler

(working from memory, so names may be wrong)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 04:30:00 AM »
That's so awesome that the junko pony made a cameo! She's one of my faves!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:22:18 AM »
In the episode of The Adventures of Pete and Pete with the lucky penny, Nona has a lunch box with "My Kreb Pony" written on it; athough if I remember correctly, it had a photo of a chestnut-coloured horse on it, rather than a fabulous colourful pony.
Also in an extremely old episode of Dexter's Lab, there was a version of My Little Pony that I can't remember what it was called, but it did involve a pink horse with big round eyes and yellow hair.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 05:52:10 AM »
The 2007 Transformers movie has the plush 25th anniv Pinkie Pie!

I saw another recently too,  I'll be back later :P

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 06:17:37 AM »
In the movie called "A Simple Wish" that cute little Girl from Mrs. Doubtfire and Matilda has a So Soft G1 Scrumptious (I think) in her bedroom.

There was also a live action TV show that had a main character who really loved her G1 Princess Sparkle (the purple unicorn).  I can't remember the show but I do remember prices for Princess Sparkle went up for awhile after that!  Someone oldie will know the show!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:35:42 AM »
There's an episode of the Britcom "The Brittas Empire" that has Perfume Puff pony Sweet Lily in it!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:39:44 AM »
A recent episode of Bob's Burgers called "The Equestranauts" features Tina, the older daughter character who loves a cartoon about talking colorful horses, attending a convention for the cartoon only to find said convention has been entirely taken over by adult men in horse costumes who call themselves "Equestricles."

One of the men sees that Tina has a rare Equestranauts toy from her childhood and tricks her into trading it for a common toy, and Bob has to infiltrate the convention to get it back! XD But how will he learn enough about The Equestranauts to pass as a devoted fan in time...?

This episode is entirely hilarious and every MLP fan should see it. It's available on Hulu.com I believe.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:41:50 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Snix

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 06:43:37 AM »
Depend of if you want a canonical MLP or a ``mention´´

Recess.

Dexter s laboratory maybe is the one with most nods, for obvious Dee Dee s reasons.

The Macabre adventures of Billy and Mandy.

The Powerpuff Girls (old show)

Teen Titans.

The Simpsons (Lisa, and lately the Comic book guy)

Bob s burguers dont need more mention.

And nowdays every show seems to have a bit nod, more or less disimulate.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »
No one draws attention to it, but one "How I Met Your Mother" episode has a G3 Pinkie Pie plushie in it.

I think I'll pass on the Bob's Burgers one - I'm okay with laughing at myself, and my fandom, but it only works if the joke is good and clever, and it doesn't sound like it is.  It sounds like they did no research on the fandom, and just went with the assumed thing (bronies is a genderless term for one thing), and it sounds like they gave the fandom a "rude" name just to draw attention to themselves. 

I'm not saying I don't want an MLP parody or a brony parody, I just think another show would have been better (though I've never seen Bob's Burgers) I think South Park would be better as they tend to research what they're parodying, and have a more down to Earth humor about it, and would be clever about it.  I think - I think they'd actually do good with it as they'd think about what they were doing.

"Pony Puffs" are the Dexter's Laborortory parody.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Snix

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 07:16:24 AM »

I think I'll pass on the Bob's Burgers one - I'm okay with laughing at myself, and my fandom, but it only works if the joke is good and clever, and it doesn't sound like it is.  It sounds like they did no research on the fandom, and just went with the assumed thing (bronies is a genderless term for one thing), and it sounds like they gave the fandom a "rude" name just to draw attention to themselves. 

I'm not saying I don't want an MLP parody or a brony parody, I just think another show would have been better (though I've never seen Bob's Burgers) I think South Park would be better as they tend to research what they're parodying, and have a more down to Earth humor about it, and would be clever about it.  I think - I think they'd actually do good with it as they'd think about what they were doing.

When they wrote the episode, they had various bronies asesoring the team, and in the creative staff too. So its a episode veeeery well portrayed, talking about the good part of the fans...and  the bad one.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 08:01:09 AM »
Yes the episode both made me laugh and wince at different times. (I can say the same for a lot of episodes of Bob's Burgers--it's a weird show.) It is a show that often uses brutally honest humor to make social commentary (but not to the extreme of South Park).

Just like any tv show in this genre, the writers use cultural extremes to get audiences to react. I for one found it hilarious and found the writing to be very clever, especially how Bob gets 'found out'. And I'm usually on the 'Fluttershy' side of things (the sensitive shy one ;) )
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:28 AM »
There's one of the G3 pillow buddy plushies in an episode of Suite Life of Zack and Cody - in Maddie's bedroom.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »
It's not a TV show, but I feel the need to mention "My Little Binky" from Discworld. :P
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »
There is a movie with a G1 Plush Firefly features...for the life of me I cant remember what its called but I remember its a scene in a car between a boyfriend and girlfriend :P Hopefully someone else recalls better than me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal