collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best Job... Worst Job  (Read 1311 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Best Job... Worst Job
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
Well the worst job that I have ever had would be the call center or working at a motel ( no longer there cause someone burned it down).  I really cant say the best job that I have ever had. I have been at my job for 7 years now so it must not be to bad......LOL :) 

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 02:50:01 PM »
Babysitting. Both the best and the worst depending on which kids I was sitting for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »
The best job ive had is the one I was in a few weeks ago at the same place I work in now. Im a childcare worker and I was running the older nursery room alongside my best mate. We worked well as a team, had all paperwork up to date, and worked hard to make a beautiful inviting environment for the children. Loved it.

About six weeks ago we had a big shuffle, I was shifted into the 4 - 5 year old room as a "co room leader" with the kinder teacher. She wanted an assistant, and didn't want me bringing my ideas in, pretty much it was cramping my style. She complained enough and now im floating instead. So, ive put in for a transfer which I am likely to get.

The job I hated the most would have been some of the shifts I did in security. Was never a fan of any of that work but it paid the bills. I hated bouncing and event work. So many times I was lucky to escape serious injury, and ive had more tests for hepatitis and hiv than I like to admit after being covered in other peoples blood, urine as well as being bitten and scratched.im a tough chick but at times I was terrified. Ive been spat at, pissed on, kicked, hit and even threatened with my life. Its not for the faint hearted.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:09 AM »
My favorite job is being a copy editor although my last boss was the biggest jerk in the world. And my least favorite job was working at a grocery store because my boss hated his job and took it out on his employees no matter how good they were at their jobs. I was happy to quit that job on the spot when I could not come in one day, a day I had requested off and I had not checked the schedule because I had a busy week and figured I was off and he scheduled me. And he told me to come in or quit so I said I quit. I had never done anything wrong and it was a very unfair thing of him to say and I could have gotten him in a lot of trouble for that but I didn't want to be there anymore and got an amazing job a month later. I was only in high school at the time so I was just happy for the change.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
I currently have the best job AND worst job! 

I'm a fraud/bad faith litigation attorney, so my job is SUPER exciting and interesting and challenging (all necessary for someone with ADD) PLUS my boss is awesome and so is my team.  However, it also is incredibly stressful, often way too hard, and the worst thing of all are the opposing attorneys I deal with sometimes, who can be some of the most morally corrupt, evil, NASTY people on the face of this earth.  Dealing with them (fighting with them) can really take it out of me...

I was a nurse's aid in the distant past, and a nurse, and I didn't love being around sick people or wiping off people's bums, but honestly the worst day in nursing doesn't hold a candle to some of the days I've had in litigation...

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »
I don't know about best job, but one of my favorites was when I was in high school and I was a seasonal (but paid!) gift wrapper at a local chain stationary store.  I just got to hang out in the back room and make all the packages pretty.   I loved it.  And after that they hired me as a regular employee, but I would still wrap gifts as the occasion arose.

Now I am a freelance artist and also teach art classes to kids, which is the best job.  It's flexible, I can do it from home, and I can still be artistic.   :D

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 09:33:35 PM »
Worst job- mcdonalds at $4.85 an hour! Customers were rude and treated me like junk, and that money even back then bought nothing.

My best job was the one I was let go from in May. No stress, ok pay and shared an office with my boss. She was really cool. I did web design  and marketing. And for the last 2.5 years I was remote and worked from my house. I saved so much money from not ever needing to buy gas to commute. I just had to drag myself out of bed and across the hall to my computer.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
My best job is the one I have as a Meat Hygiene Officer for the provincial government here in Canada! I loved my job (on disability due to pretty severe arthritis now) and felt I was making a difference helping ensure food safety and quality! That being said, some of the operators and workers i had to deal with were rather difficult, but i couldn't really blame them. Gov't workers are generally abhored no matter what, but we work our butts off in aweful conditions, same as those people do...we were just typically paid more to do it. In my position we had to know animal welfare laws, building and sanitation codes, workplace safety and enforcement, conflict resolution...all kinds of stuff! I really could never say that my job was boring :lol: I miss it terribly :(
My worst job was for a restaurant up north. They were very difficult people to work with, the owners were, the woman had ridiculous expectations and accused everyone of stealing from her! She crossed the line with me on Superbowl Sunday when i came in really early to help set up and get things ready for the crush...and was the only employee to do so! She dumped everything on me while she did paperwork that could have waited, and when I was finished she came at me asking about a numbered reciept from the day before and claimed it was missing. The funds had all balanced out at the end of the night, so i figured maybe two pages had gotten stuck together or something when i gave the bill to the diner...maybe they jst crumpled up the blank copy? I dunno. Anyway, she said "Well, you're going to sit right there and think about it until you remember what happened to it!" No way am i going to be patronzed like that and talked to like i was a misbehaving 5 year old! I toldher to stuff it and walked out, leaving her with absolutely no staff for Superbowl Sunday while i went and enjoyed the game with some of the other servers who quit the day before! :lol:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
Interesting reading everything. ^.^

I think this post makes me realize it may not be so much the place as some of the people at said place sometimes. Here, it's management. It's that they're never around and never notice that I give my all for this job like all the jobs I've ever done, yet they can pop in and give orders, or the one day, accuse me of taking too long of a break which I definitely did not take a minute over on. I was pretty much friends with all of the managers at my old job. Here they're kind of snooty, and completely unhelpful. They're scheduling half the people they need lately to save money on labor (well I imagine that's higher up, but), so all the workers are exhausting themselves trying to do it alone. At my old job, managers pitched in all day wherever they were needed. Here, they just go around and rudely give orders without even bothering to ask questions or show workers any appreciation whatsoever. Not used to being so uncared for and overworked in a workplace!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
I've not had that many jobs, hair stylist, I worked at a club for a while doing beer bands and goth night djing (lol), and I was a dance instructor for a few years.  My favorite job is the one I'm at now, it's an awesome salon with talented people and amazing bosses.  The worst was when I worked at a mall salon with people who couldn't cut their way out of a wet paper bag, and that's if they bothered to show up to work.  Some of the excuses for not coming into work were "I think I'm pregnant," "I forgot my sister's wedding," and "Someone stole the door off my car." All the same girl.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 05:52:16 PM »
I think my best job was working for a sign company. I organized all the film and worked the laminating machine.

Worst job was a group home for schizophrenics.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal