collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 rare ponies list  (Read 347 times)

Offline LivioKelem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
G4 rare ponies list
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:26:59 PM »
I know so little about G4 rare ponies. With my knowledge of English is hard to find the right information on the internet ... Tell me please, who is included in this list! [curiosity] Thanks!
 :good:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: G4 rare ponies list
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
The main hard to finds are ponies which were released exclusively within only a small number of countries or limited locations - mainly Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash, Skywishes and Ploomette. Ponies like Sweetie Swirl and Starbeam Twinkle, as they came with large playsets, can also be a little hard to track down by themselves. For a while Lily Blossom was a toughie but her recent cheap release meant she is no longer in that same category. You also get some ponies which are pretty popular - such as Honeybuzz and Blossomforth - who because they were released so long ago have become harder to track down.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LivioKelem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
hathorcat
Thanks, that's very interesting information! (:

And who from blind bags of hard to find/rare? Maybe there are some rare types of figures?

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
The basic rare blind bag category is Wave 2, which saw a very limited release:

Of those, the main character rereleases are of course the least valuable, since they differ from other waves' only in the accompanying character cards, which not everyone cares about to begin with. The glittery AJ/FS/Ry are (to varying degrees) similar enough to Wave 4 and the Target rainbow pack that interest in them isn't guaranteed. Blossomforth, Rainbow Flash, Lulu Luck, and Tealove have all been rereleased, though for all of them it's possible to tell from the hooves whether you're looking at a rerelease or not.

There were also a couple of variations within Wave 1: the glittery Twilight used to be pink, not purple, and she's much rarer that way, and there's some difference in Lily Blossom's shade of purple. From the character packs, Shining Armor has become quite sought after due to limited release and time passed since then. The Royal Surprise set has likewise been pretty limited, which mainly leads to interest in its Chrysalis figure; its Celestia differs from the Wave 5 one only in the hoof colors, and she's going to be rereleased in Wave 11 anyway, and its Twilight has some glitter on her horn or something unexciting like that.

Beyond that and various prototypes, everyone got more or less equal releases, so HTFness is going to be more a function of age than anything else.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal