collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will this stop blind bag thieves?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Will this stop blind bag thieves?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
i wonder what percentage is unwatched children opening a toy they think would be fun.

Offline Saphraira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Shoo be doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »
Finally. I wish my target and Walmart would do this.

I have spent more then my fair share of money buying the minis that are left in the bottom of the box because I feel bad that they've been left there.

Looking for Surprise twins mommy

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »

I have spent more then my fair share of money buying the minis that are left in the bottom of the box because I feel bad that they've been left there.
You can actually do that? Buy the opened BB ponies? I have been afraid to do that at mine whenever I would see an opened BB that has a pony I wanted. I get scared they would think I did it or something.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
I've found a few that are opened, but not many. Some are opened just enough to see what pony it is, so I'm pretty sure it's adults or older collectors doing it. Moving them to the front of the store deterrs this, but many people like to feel or look at the numbers, and the vast majority of collectors I know would be too self concious to spend 10 minutes being stared at by other customes while they do it! At least in the toy aisle it's pretty quiet and kids are seldom judgemental...they seem to understand how exciting feeling the bag and trying to guess is, where most adults just want to grab and go as quickly as possible.
I think the BB cases are a good idea, but some people may wish to buy a few, so having a sales rep near the toys who could open them would be a good idea as opening all this DS boxes and scanning is time consuming.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »
That's really sad. I've always thought it was. I used to know a few people who did stuff like this(One took Magic cards the other stole clothes from their workplace) so I asked them why they do it even though they could afford it. They told me it's not about the item itself. It's about the thrill of getting away with it. And on top of that, stealing $2 figures from WalMart here gets you a slap on the wrist unless they catch you doing it all the time.  :huh:

diamondshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »

You can actually do that? Buy the opened BB ponies? I have been afraid to do that at mine whenever I would see an opened BB that has a pony I wanted. I get scared they would think I did it or something.

The only time I saw wave 3 was a state over, which also happened to be the only time I've found opened BBs!  There was one of the four opened that I wanted, along with a few sealed, so I just brought the other opened ones up to the check out counter with me and let the guy at the register know I found them that way.  I know if I worked there, I'd want to know there was opened merch sitting out!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
around here they refuse to sell you anythig open.  if its open and by itsel they will ususaly just..  say it  has to go to dmamage reutrns or get thrown out. becuase its unsellable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
Wow, it's pretty sad that this is what it's come to for some stores but I really don't blame them.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Saphraira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Shoo be doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 04:57:45 PM »
around here they refuse to sell you anythig open.  if its open and by itsel they will ususaly just..  say it  has to go to dmamage reutrns or get thrown out. becuase its unsellable.

That is why I buy them, I don't want them getting thrown out because they're open merch.. it's not fair.

The only time I saw wave 3 was a state over, which also happened to be the only time I've found opened BBs!  There was one of the four opened that I wanted, along with a few sealed, so I just brought the other opened ones up to the check out counter with me and let the guy at the register know I found them that way.  I know if I worked there, I'd want to know there was opened merch sitting out!

I do this all the time, the workers were I live don't seem to care whatsoever. I guess they assume I open them in the store. I am very certain that this is adult collectors at least in my area, because there are never hard to find one's left, most of the time its just background ponies.

I went to walmart a while ago and an entire box of them had been opened, my brother and boyfriend had to pry me away from them. My brother told me "You've done more then your part its time for the rest of the community to take responsibility."
Looking for Surprise twins mommy

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »
I've bought open ones before. I think it'd be more ideal to keep them by the cash register or something, people get discouraged from stealing if a worker is around.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
(Is it sad that my first thought was "hey, that's a Tesco endcap"? ^^;; I'm a dork.)

That is sad :( Personally I've only ever seen one or two opened blind bags, maybe it's not as common where I live. -shrug- I just.. idk, I can sort of see why someone would open a blindbag (to see which one it is, if they don't know about the codes) but stealing one.. they're not even a fiver, is it really worth stealing them? :/

I do think putting them near the check-outs would discourage any possible thieves, though.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 05:14:19 PM »
Wow never knew it has gotten this bad, would it really kill them to just keep a list of codes.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »
On "buying already open ones" note, I did once.  One of the open ponies (the bag had been opened, but the card and pony were still inside) was one I wanted, so I just bought the open bag.  I don't think the girl even noticed that the bag had been torn open, so I didn't say anything because the line was really long.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »
Wow! This is hard for me to believe. I have never noticed many open bags or loose ponies in my area. I think one time at Walmart I noticed a card that had been taken out of a bag so I assumed the pony was taken but I didn't realize it was this bad.

I do remember way back when........as a kid I was collecting the puppy in my pockets and I would tear one little corner of the bag so I could peek in and try to get the last puppy I was looking for. :P Never stole anything........but my mom ended up catching me and I got in trouble just for peeking!!!  :lol:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 06:20:10 PM »
I am surprised (and happy) to hear that some of you are able to buy opened BBs with no problem! Maybe the next time I come across a wanted opened BB pony, I'll see if I can buy it at my Walmarts.

I will admit that if blind bags were moved to be near the registers, I wouldn't buy them (in store) anymore. But I am only saying that as someone who normally isn't a fan of "surprise/random/grab" bags when it comes to toys/figurines and actually love the fact that with the MLP ones, you know which pony is in what bag if you know what the codes are. So if they were near the registers, I would be too scared to dig through say a full case of them trying to find the ponies I want via codes (I get nervous doing this in the toy section, and not many people go through the area, compared to the registers).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal