collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATE: Buyer has opened a case on me but I can't do anything yet!  (Read 512 times)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
UPDATE: I was conversing with the buyer and told them that I couldn't sort the issue out until 15 working days had passed from the date of postage (June 18th). I told them that in the meantime they should let me know if the package arrives, and if it still hasn't after this time I'd file a claim at the post office. Now they've opened a case on me randomly requesting a refund, and I've got until July 8th to sort it until I'm automatically charged. But I can't do anything before July 8th! Is there anything anyone can suggest? I don't want negative feedback but I can't do anything.

I sold some MLP accessories on ebay a couple of weeks ago through the royal mail and the buyer has messaged me today saying they still haven't arrived yet. I have proof of postage, what do I do?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:24:50 AM by shimmlight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer says they did not receive item, what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:02:20 AM »
Unfortunately in the UK. Proof of Postage is not proof of delivery.

I would ask the buyer to check with their local sorting office and neighbours as posties sometimes forget to leave a card. Items that don't need to be signed for are kept for 3 weeks before being returned to sender; signed for items for 7 days.  I wouldn't consider anything lost until 15 working days after due date of delivery UK.  Most sellers will therefore usually ask the buyer to wait until it is deemed lost before refunding/replacing.  As you have a Proof of Posting (receipt with house number and post code) then you can send them a scan/photo to reassure the buyer it was posted. Once deemed lost you will be able to file a claim. You will need to attach a copy of the listing, the PayPal transaction and the receipt/proof of postage.  Keep a copy of everything as not unknown for them to go astray.

Royal Mail will usually contact the buyer (UK) asking them to confirm non-receipt. If they don't respond within 5 days you don't get the compensation. Hence the need to maintain good communication with your buyer.  If the buyer escalates the dispute through eBay/PayPal, then as you can't provide a tracking number to prove delivery, the buyer will be refunded in full.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 04:11:06 AM »
Actually, here in the Uk, Royal Mail does not consider anything lost until 21 days since posting have passed.

Not only that, but if she lives in my region/area, I'm not the only one to be experiencing awfully slow post over the last two months. It took 3 weeks for me to get something sent first class, I've been waiting on an item sent over 1 week and a half ago first class, and it's been four days that something locally was sent to me. I'd tell your buyer to hold out until three weeks have passed, since there isn't a lot you can do until that deadline has passed.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »
Actually, here in the Uk, Royal Mail does not consider anything lost until 21 days since posting have passed.

Ponylady's information is correct - for the UK it is 15 working days from the date of due delivery. You are just adding in the weekends to get to 3 weeks - so the 15 day working period advise was right. :) Technically first class delivery is next working day and second class is 2 to 3 working days. So at best the first date from posting you can claim is 16 working days for first class and 17 to 18 working days for second class. Royal Mail will accept claims at these dates.

Royal Mail re domestic postage:

We cannot accept a claim for loss unless 15 working days or more have passed since the item was due to be delivered.

Royal Mail has a terrible reputation but honestly in comparison to a lot of domestic mail systems its not that bad. I agree with being proactive. Asking your buyer to double check their sorting office, with neighbours and even asking their postie. Meanwhile get your ducks in order just in case you need to get that claim in as soon as possible. And certainly ask them to wait for that 15 working day window after the date the parcel was arrived before they you consider doing anything different.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
Okay thanks everyone, the buyer is being nice to me although keeps telling me I need to file a claim even though Ive told them I have to wait fifteen working days before I can do that. I hope they stay patient!  :lookround:

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE: Buyer has opened a case on me but I can't do anything yet!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:04 AM »
Update

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 04:24:34 AM »
:hug: I'm so sorry hun, you just landed an impatient buyer *sigh* :(  You did what you could to keep open communication and be helpful to your buyer, and its true that you cant claim yet from RM...but there isnt anything else you can do now that the buyer has opened a case.   she should have waited. There was no reason why she couldnt have waited. her paypal/ebay deadline would not have been up and you were still communicating with her, plus you'd offered to refund her if the item hadnt arrived by a certain time that Royal Mail considers the item to be lost  :huh:
Unfortunately though if you drag it out then they will most likely leave bad feedback too. I think at this point the easiest thing to do (even though its a pain and not  fair on you either) is to just refund the buyer ,  then make your own claim with the PO when the 15 working days is up. If you leave it until ebay refunds them or you dont respond any further, it will only turn out worse. Or before you resort to refunding her early you could possibly respond to the case and ask her again to be patient and wait until the 15 working days is up and promise the refund - tell her the date she will be refunded.   
Personally i dont see why your buyer couldnt wait. RM *can* be slow, and the buyer had plenty time to open a case even if she waited longer than the 15 days if the parcel still didnt turn up :rolleyes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »
Its unlikely ebay will accept it but have you tried calling ebay, telling them you have proof of postage? It may delay things a little longer on the case; at least until the 15 day window has elapsed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal