collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I got a problem on eBay  (Read 624 times)

Offline Azteca

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I like birbs
    • View Profile
I got a problem on eBay
« on: June 17, 2014, 05:54:16 AM »
Back in May, I posted an auction featuring a MH Cupid's dress. Someone won it and I've been waiting payment since then. Not until this morning I receive a message from that person who then tells me She no longer wants it. How am I suppose to work with that? I once won an auction featuring draculaura & Clawd wolf together, thinking I was getting one of the Guy dolls but instead I won the girl doll. I didn't read the whole description and title completely. I messaged the person that I no longer wanted it but told me that once you bid on something, it's permanent or else my sister's account would've gotten suspended and/or given a bad review.  So for my mistake I had to pay for the draculaura doll. Never again I was going to bid on MH dolls. Now this happened, what should I do?  :|

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I got a problem on eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »
There are two ways you can go about it. If you want to keep her to her contract and have a UPI strike go on her account, then you can open an unpaid item case.  Or you can send her a cancel transaction request, get your listing and FV fee's back and relist the item.

The choice is up to you  :) Did she give you a solid reason on why she didn't want the item or just she didn't want it anymore?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Azteca

• I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 06:19:54 AM »
There are two ways you can go about it. If you want to keep her to her contract and have a UPI strike go on her account, then you can open an unpaid item case.  Or you can send her a cancel transaction request, get your listing and FV fee's back and relist the item.

The choice is up to you  :) Did she give you a solid reason on why she didn't want the item or just she didn't want it anymore?

She was very blunt about it, only saying " I don't need it anymore sorry". No explanation why. :(

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:27:44 AM »
You can do one of four things:

1) Push the fact that her bid is a LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT to pay if she wins, which she did.
2) Wait for her not to pay, and report her to Ebay for non-payment.
3) Second chance offer, if possible.
4) Contact Ebay now and see what your options are.

I hate people like this. I got a winner back in December that refused to pay, even acknowledge any correspondence to me, then kept right on winning and paying for other auctions. He didn't even shrug when I threatened a strike against his account, so I went ahead and reported him for non-payment. I won in the end when I relisted and the next time it went for a lot more money. :)
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Azteca

• I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:56:20 AM »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
I'd report it as an unpaid item.  They win something then wait more than TWO WEEKS to tell you they don't want it?  Not the way to do things on ebay!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
I would immediately open an unpaid item dispute.   I think that it's the responsible thing to do, or she will keep doing it with other sellers.

Once she gets three she'll be off ebay, and good riddance.

Offline Azteca

• I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
What's surprising is that it's a $5 item she's not willing to pay for  -_-

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Thanks for warning us all!  :(  You've gotten great advice so far so I can't add anything besides *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Azteca

• I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »
Thanks! I already filed an unpaid report. She's got herself a wake-up call so time will tell which road she choose.

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 09:36:43 PM

I'd report it as an unpaid item.  They win something then wait more than TWO WEEKS to tell you they don't want it?  Not the way to do things on ebay!

My thoughts exactly! I was wondering why she hasn't paid after a few weeks so a couple of days ago, I  sent her a personal message and comes up with this. I would've let her off easily if she had told me a few hours/days after the auction had ended but why now tell me you no longer want it, especially after more than two weeks?  She's got a couple of days to pay for the item or get booted off of eBay. I'm not going to warn her about it just like she never told me she wanted the dress until now.  :enraged: :stressed: it's a load of bull.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:36:43 PM by Azteca »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
It's tough because if you take action to try and force her to pay, she could leave you neg feedback or just ding your stars.  Now, if the feedback was retaliatory, then you could have it pulled.  But if there is no further communication and she leaves feedback that is not obviously retaliatory, it's possible it would stand.  She should pay.  I'd open a case.  But if you open a case and she pays, then you'll have to finish the transaction and hope for the best.  I think?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Azteca

• I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
My question is why did it took her so long to finally make some communication with me only to tell me she doesn't want the item anymore?

She won the auction back in May, it's getting to the end of June and to tell me she no longer wants it. It.. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why wait so long to tell me this? I did what seemed reasonable. I was never rude to the woman nor was she to me but why is she doing this? I'm just confused.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
You did everything right.  They are just a time waster.  :(
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Azteca

• I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »
Well I sent her a response back explaining that she shouldn't be toying with sellers and not paying afterwards. She oddly didn't explain why she no longer wanted the item. She was very blunt about it. Oh well..  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal