collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with SkippyPost (AU)?  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Anyone familiar with SkippyPost (AU)?
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:15:50 AM »
I bought a non-pony item from ebay, I discussed about something with the seller (located in Australia) and their replies made me wonder if Australian Post had changed their systems or if they were going to ship my parcel registered 'cause they mentioned a tracking code. Once the seller had shipped my item they added the tracking code to ebay, but it was very weird, and turned out they had shipped my parcel via SkippyPost. I have bought lots of stuff from AU before, but everything has been shipped via Australian Post, I have never heard of this SkippyPost. I tried to google it but couldn't find much info. And I can't find a place on their website where I could check the tracking code. :blush:

So does anyone here know if SkippyPost is reliable and "normal"? Is it a courier..? I'm partly worried because of how our customs will react to it.. (I may end up paying lots of fees as the parcels value is over the custom limit, so if the package looks 'weird' to the customs they'll treat it more strictly).
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone familiar with SkippyPost (AU)?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 01:04:20 AM »
I have never ever heard of skippypost.... *goes off to google it*

try the tracking number in auspost.com.au, top right of page it should have a track my item bar.

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 01:12:51 AM

this was all i could find in regards to tracking...

What parcel tracking/monitoring features does SkippyPost offer?

SkippyPost does not offer a door-to-door tracking facility on regular parcels, rather a despatch confirmation and recipient-generated delivery confirmation.
SkippyTracker is our fully trackable service and we advise you to use this if you want full online trackability.

SkippyPost cannot provide tracking details for regular parcels that have not been received. SkippyPost is not able to track a regular parcel after it has been despatched from the Shipping Centre.

The SkippyPost monitoring system allows the following online monitoring by both the SkippyPost member and the parcel recipient (if an email is registered for the recipient):

When the shipment is received at the SkippyPost Shipping Centre
When the parcel is processed and sorted at the SkippyPost Shipping Centre
When the parcel is despatched from SkippyPost Shipping Centre
When the parcel is received by the recipient (optional)
Parcels are not able to be tracked to the recipient's delivery country, only within Australia.

then there is skippy tracker...

What is SkippyTracker?

SkippyTracker provides genuine online tracking and proof of delivery worldwide via Speedpost (a Singapore Post division). SingPost recently won the EMS Cooperative Certification Gold Level Award from the Universal Postal Union (UPU) for its Speedpost Worldwide courier service and is the only postal administration in the world to win the award for six consecutive years since 2001. Tracking in New Zealand is a separate service, but also features online tools, provided by NZ Post.
SkippyTracker is a premium ECI-style service akin to international courier delivery. You can check SkippyTracker rates using the Rate Estimator page.

You select the SkippyTracker service as an option by checking the box when entering your parcel into the shipment. SkippyTracker is a separate product and the rate for that parcel weight and destination will display on screen when you select the option.

You and your recipient will receive an email containing a tracking number and a link to the website which will allow both of you to track the progress of the parcel to delivery.

If the delivery address is a PO Box the tracking details will stop when the item has been delivered to that PO Box

Due to Customs Regulations, SkippyTracker items require that extra documentation be included with the parcel. This documentation format is provided online by SkippyPost and is printed on plain paper by you after finalising your parcel via the Print Labels page of the SkippyPost website. You will need to sign each page of the documentation and place it inside an envelope affixed to the outside of the parcel.

Information about this extra documentation can be found on the print label page.

doesn't help you much tho :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:12:51 AM by kezrob23 »

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:38:49 AM »
I was on the bus today (in Australia) looking out the window when I happened to notice a postage company that had a sign that said "We'll Ship Anything!" Mildly relevant :P
:fox:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:48:50 AM »
Never heard of it here, either - maybe it's new. In other news the PO has been charging hubby weird amounts to post things lately... He's been coming home and telling me, and I'm like "what?? that amount is not on the postage rate sheet I have!" So maybe some new companies have sprouted up because AP has completely lost the plot, and now seem to play 'the price is right' with parcel post!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:53:46 AM »
I have never heard of it but I like the name.  :P
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 06:40:11 AM »
I'm from Singapore, and SkippyTracker is part of Speedpost which is part of Singpost haha.

Speedpost is a reliable shipping service, so no worries there! :D
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »
Well, I still haven't found a place to use the tracking code successfully. Maybe I'll just wait, and if it seems to be taking too long I'll ask the seller about it.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:35:42 PM »
So, I received an email from SkippyPost confirming that my parcel has been shipped. It looks like this:

I feel like I've achieved something important. XD
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 08:19:36 PM »
Well that's definitely different!! Congratulations!!  :lol:

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 08:42:50 PM »
That's cool. I had never heard of it either!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
Thought I'd update this as SkippyPost seems to be a new thing for everyone here.. Last week I received an email asking for confirmation of receiving the package. The problem is that I have not received it. I sent the seller a message through ebay and told them I had received the email, but not the parcel. We agreed that if I still haven't got the parcel at the end of this week (Friday, we don't get mail on Saturdays over here) I'll let them know and they'll claim the parcel lost. Apparently SkippyPost will refund the seller if I understood correctly. Not sure if the seller will refund me directly or will ebay do that in case the parcel doesn't arrive tomorrow.

And I'll just rant here about few other ebay things: I'm a bit worried over a package I'm waiting for from US, it has taken 10days when normally it takes 6 days. The tracking code will only say that 'electronic shipping info received' (since the 7th) and that's it. I bought another thing from the same seller couple of days ago, and that tracking code is already telling me that the parcel is well on it's way. :huh: The shipping method (First Class) has 'Delivery Confirmation International' service in it, so what's going on with the first parcel?
And why is ebay automatically opening a case if I simply want to contact a seller?! I don't want to open a case, I just want to send a message, dammit!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »
If you just want to send a message and not open a case select "other" and it will allow you to bypass opening a case.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal