collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who should I use? (White G4 Pegasus)  (Read 260 times)

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Who should I use? (White G4 Pegasus)
« on: June 16, 2014, 12:45:44 PM »
I want to try doing a few custom G4 Ponies and there's one I haven't been able to really find an answer for on my own

Basically what I need is a white Pegasus, one who actually is white and not just painted (I don't want her to be glossy, especially since none of the others will be and I don't really like how Pony figures coated with glossy paint look) and I have three possible candidates

1-Diamond Rose:

She's the right colour and her eyes are the right shape but the wrong colour (though I could probably use a red wash on the irises to make them the right colour), unfortunately every one that I've seen available for sale is still in it's box and I don't want to spend $30 for one that's still in her package when I'm not even keeping her as Diamond rose, let alone in the aforementioned box

2-Sunny Rays:

She's a bit easier to get and her eyes are both the right shape and colour, but her coat is yellow and I need to get rid of the colour completely. I know I should not use bleach to change her coat colour and that sun fading would probably be easier than it is for most projects since I'm trying to remove all of the colour and thus don't have to worry about fading it not evenly, but I know that it would take a very long time and I'm not confident that it would get all of the colour out the way chemicals would.

3-Blossom Forth:

She's the easiest to get and the right colour, but I'd have to repaint her eyes completely and I don't know how to do this and have the proper gradients (and yes, they HAVE to be there, I want them to look as official as possible) so unless there's a way to make the gradients perfectly or print the same eyes that the toys have (basically the stickers with the same properties as the ones used on toys) I'd rather not use Blossomforth
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:23:52 PM by Motion-Paradox »

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who should I use? (White G4 Pegasus)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:14:44 AM »
I know you probably don't want to do this, but personally, I think your best bet is a full body repainted pony.  As long as you don't use "gloss" paint, and finish with a matte sealer, your pony should look great! :)

There are a few tutorials that might help you with your custom project here:  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,283445.0.html

Hope everything works out for you! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal