collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A comaprison on kindness- Sweet Stuff and Fluttershy  (Read 250 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
A comaprison on kindness- Sweet Stuff and Fluttershy
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »
Hello again, everyone! Now, for those that know about the different pony generations, I pose a question on personalities here. Everybody knows about Fluttershy, G4's kind, timid, and non assertive animal caregiver, whom is collapses in terror when a leaf lads on her back. And many of you know about Sweet Stuff, G1's over nice twinkle-eyed pony, who gets pushed around by every thing, and never raises her voice above a gentle whisper. Now, while it is obvious both of these mares element of Kindness material, I obverse the two ponies, and consider some of the dirrences between them.

For example, while in Fluttershy we see a great deal of Timidness and fear from the beginning, we do see her grow more assertive and brave over time (Even taking it too far in that iron will fiasco)we learned she could change and grow as a pony, and stand up to the things that frightened her. Yet with Sweet Stuff we learned that being that kind and gentle pony was an inherit part of her nature that could never be changed- which is why she never even yelled at that mean Squirrel who bullied her. But we also learned that Sweet Stuff could maore easily stand up for herself, like when she realized the seaponies were using her as a goal post in thier game of underwater croquet.

So in the end, it's two diffrent prespectives. While Fluttershy's message was be more assertive and stand up for yourself, Sweet Stuff's message was you don't have to change who you are, and that's okay. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had any other thoughts on this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A comaprison on kindness- Sweet Stuff and Fluttershy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
Unfortunately i never got to watch much of G1 beyond the two specials ( midnight castle and Escape from catrina)
So i dont know sweetstuff that well. Still they both seem like pretty awesome ponies when it comes down to it.
Flutters has enough love and kindness to even crack discord's shell, while sweet stuff sounds like she could have handled our favorite Chimera just as well.
I honestly think they are both pretty awesome... they definately seem like different characters tho. Flutters has had some growth as you said even in the negative direction,with the whole Iron will thing.  in the season four finale it was nigh on heart breaking to see her play "padme" while Discord went "anakin" on everyone. Luckily flutters survived the whole incident, which, even tho we KNOW its a kids show and its not gonna happen, could have turned out a whole lot worse.
The fact that she ultimately forgave discord in the end shows what a kind person she is.
As i said i dont know that much about sweet stuff but from the way you talk about her, i believe she could and would have done the same.
Ultimately they seem like pretty awesome ponies and I think i am going to get to know sweet's as well as i do flutterbutters.
Pretty cool topic FH.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: A comaprison on kindness- Sweet Stuff and Fluttershy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
Its always interesting to see how people analyse things :) I like the description of Sweet Stuff - I personally think thats much better character writing and a stronger role model - saying that you dont have to change who you are, those who are your true friends will love you no matter what.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal