collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ringlets is on holiday 15th June -1st July :) (+ebay advice please)  (Read 447 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Its time for my yearly trip to Italy  and I cant wait!!  :frolic:  :sunny:  :happy: 
I'm gone from 15th June to 1st July so I'll be light over that time, but I will have internet access so I can pop in every now and then too ;)
There are still some family members at home so if you sent me a parcel dont worry - there's someone home to look after it for me  :heart:

onto the Ebay question. of course ebay varies from country to country...
ok, I should prolly know this but I havent had to deal with it before so ...
what should I do about my current ebay listings? :what:
  I know if you are a shop then you can add a note to say you are away and for how long for.... but I cant seem to find a way to do this as  a private seller. is it possible?  :what:  or should I end my listings? or should I just leave everything as it is and give mom some instructions for posting anything that sells while I'm away and let her know any addresses etc?
All advice is welcome - thanks in advance everyone ! :grouphug:  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Ringlets is on holiday 15th June -1st July :) (+ebay advice please)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:40:28 AM »
Have a wonderful time!

Re eBay, I'd advise asking your mum to help out, and posting them as necessary, buyers get put off by things being removed, and the fact you have to pay fees to list again! :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:44:27 AM »
Thanks Icey  :hug:
- and true ^^ :nod:  i did think about that it might look dodgy ending them (but most of my stuff is BIN TBH ), I just wanted to get some opinions :)  I usually make sure i have no listings active a month before I go on holiday but I forgot to do that this time :facepalm:  :blush:
see - I  need a break? :P

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »
When i was working an intense job that required me to be out of state  alot i changed my handling time, wheni went on vacation i changed it to 10 days!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 03:18:30 AM »
Thanks StarGleamer  :hug: 
Hmmm I guess I can check into that but I'll be away for a few weeks. It wont hurt to look though and maybe I can add a message to my listings in explaination?..

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »
I can't remember, do you guys have store? I am asking before I answer  :P
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »
Good point, if you have a store you can easily put vacation mode on. I added to all my listings that my handling ttime was 5 days when i was out of state most weekends.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »
I can't remember, do you guys have store? I am asking before I answer  :P

Nope  we dont have a store  (even though when we last spoke to an ebay rep they though that we did! :facepalm:  *sigh* :(
 I *did* actually  think about it but then we took a break from selling much for a couple of years. We only started selling properly again earlier this year. is it worth me getting a store? will i have time to do that now? or is there another option
*waits for more enlightenment* - and thank you! I appreciate the help! :hug:  :lovey:  :hug:

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 03:33:21 AM

prepping for a two week holiday always sends my brain into a confused state :P plus we are *gasp* in the middle of buying a house at the same time :drunk:  = stress = fried brain :blush:

(edited for typos and general incoherence  :biggrin: )
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:34:52 AM by Ringlets »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 03:51:31 AM »
The reason I asked about the store is because a friend of mine got jerked around by eBay when she put her vacation settings on. She in her mind and plus through my advice thought that eBay would not hold her to her 1-day shipping time because obviously her vacation settings were on and she would not be able to ship.  Well little did her or I know is they do and she lost her Top Rated seller status for a month due to not providing a tracking number within the stated handling time.

I know for years I have always used the vacation setting feature when on vacay and it never affected my status. So it is something new and I don't plan on using it this year. I am just going to have to shut my store down. I guess my advice to you is to probably take your listings down so you don't run into any problems. Plus we know how well buyers read descriptions so the chances of them seeing your on vacation are slim.  :lol:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:28 AM »
stupid ebay huh? :rolleyes:   I'm sorry your friend learned the hard way that ebays vacacation setting thingy is a pile of poop
Ok, well I'm not going for a few more days so I'll leave it for then, and then see whats left before I go and prolly take down whatever is left listed  :awake: .
 I have faith in my moms checking and packing skills... but I dread some international someone from the middle of nowhere with a gazillion odd spellings and funny sign things in their address (which would of course also be a million miles long)  buying something and then me having to try and pass that info on by phone or text from Italy  :yikes: ... mom doesnt do computers without me or hubby to help her and she cant access the account (obviously - and thats a good thing believe me!! :P )   and she doesnt even have an an email addy.......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal