collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you style your ponies hair?  (Read 665 times)

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Re: Do you style your ponies hair?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 01:33:12 AM »
I'm in love with these!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They're pretty much invaluable in helping me to style pony hair. It keeps it flat where it needs to be flat, curls stay closer to legs, straws and bobby pins are easier to manage, and there's enough of a range of colours to be able to pick the right ones. (They're for sale at the local accessory shop, a big wall of so many different colours!)
:fox:

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:29 AM »
I love styling and combing their hair! It makes me smile... My ponies that are in the show are show-accurate, and non show? I give them hairdos for personality! It breaks up the general outline of my herd, making it more fun to look over! I'm personally proudest of Twist. I tried a new method to give her this fabulous look!

I did what professional hair stylists do when they perm your hair: I used tin foil!! I soaked her hair, then took tiny strips and placed them on strips of foil, and rolled it up REAL tight. Once all the strips were done, I locked the curls by blow-drying it while still in foil. The foil made it really hot, steaming the hair and locking it down! Then, I took out the foil and gave her a couple brushes et voila!! Doesn't she look great?
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 05:03:04 AM »
When I wash G1s and G3s they get leg and neck wraps. New out of box G3s and G4s... I actually go so far to keep the "factory look" as to leave in those plastic sewed on hair tamers and rubber band leg wrappers. Don't know why for sure... not ever planning on selling...

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 05:26:25 AM »
I love styling and combing their hair! It makes me smile... My ponies that are in the show are show-accurate, and non show? I give them hairdos for personality! It breaks up the general outline of my herd, making it more fun to look over! I'm personally proudest of Twist. I tried a new method to give her this fabulous look!

I did what professional hair stylists do when they perm your hair: I used tin foil!! I soaked her hair, then took tiny strips and placed them on strips of foil, and rolled it up REAL tight. Once all the strips were done, I locked the curls by blow-drying it while still in foil. The foil made it really hot, steaming the hair and locking it down! Then, I took out the foil and gave her a couple brushes et voila!! Doesn't she look great?

Great job with Twist there!

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 09:39:49 AM »
Yes all my ponies have to get their hair done. Even if its just going into storage it has tobe done. I like to do different styles for different poses and all different sizes of curls.

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:46 AM »

Spoiler

She's so cute! I might have to try that one of these days :3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »
I'm in love with these!

They're pretty much invaluable in helping me to style pony hair. It keeps it flat where it needs to be flat, curls stay closer to legs, straws and bobby pins are easier to manage, and there's enough of a range of colours to be able to pick the right ones. (They're for sale at the local accessory shop, a big wall of so many different colours!)

These always look adorable. Just as a heads up though, elastic ponyties like these actually break down really quickly and the colour can stain the plastic [body or hair] that they are wrapped against. Just make sure you dont allow the plastic ties to dry out over time and cause you problems :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:40 PM »
I like toys to have original factory hair - so however Hasbro intented them to be styled will be how they are styled here, even if for many thats a straight out brush :)

Me too!  Nothing beats a perfectly smooth bob like the original 6 have. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal