collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your weirdest pony incident?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What is your weirdest pony incident?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »
I just got a TE Speedy and TE Galaxy...both mint except for their sparse tails. Disappointed, i removed Galaxy's head to find 1/2 her tail had apparently been inside her body since the day she came off the factory belt! The hair was pristine...no aging, discoloration or anything. It looked like brand new from the box hair, and to top it all off it still had factory curl!
So then i went to speedy and darned if she didn't have the EXACT same thing! Her hair was straight, but stil...wackiness!

I love it when that happens. I got Glory in a swap and I was so darned excited when I discovered where the rest of her tail had gone. She cleaned up amazingly well :heart:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 11:10:12 PM »
a new friend of mine, who knows I like ponies but doesn't know I have a room full of them, decides to come home after school with me because her parents were gone and she couldn't get in her house.

Imagine the look and questions she had after she saw this on the bathroom counter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What's she soaking in?
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 09:36:45 AM »
It's taken me 20 years to realize that my childhood Quackers (one of 3 I managed to save from a family yard sale) has a factory error- the symbol on her display side is much lower than it should be (it's almost on her leg!)

Also, I've ended up with 3 Pony Brides (including one I also saved from the yard sale) and while finally going through a box of accessories I bought years ago with someone's childhood pony collection at a yard sale, ended up finding a complete set of her things- along with almost a dozen Big Brother bandanas (and Baby Paws'), plus some of their combs and hats, although Steamer was the only one actually in the lot. The ubiquitous Pony Bride wasn't even there!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »
I've popped the head's off of a couple g1 ponies (necks sealed) to find that they had TWO tails....two thin tails that equaled one in thickness lol

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
well this is more embarassing than funny.. but any how
about  a month ago i wander into my local kmart and they have ONE brushable size princess twilight. now before i leave the toy isle i check.. up down and around both corners to make sure that there are NO Kids.. that could want the thing.. I even stand there and wait for a few seconds to MAKE SURE..
when im finally sure..
i head up to the check out with her.. I get all the way up there and I am in line and about to pay when the little girl behind me starts BAWLING and DEMANDING.. that i hand over the pony.
and im all like
@@
where the bloody snot did this kid come from?
the mom asked me if the pony is for my little girl and not being ashamed of my collecting i tell her
"No mam, I collect toys and sometimes buy and sell. This is for my collection."
So this chick lights into me about a grown woman buying toys for little kids.
Thankfully by now.. shes already paid for.. I hadnt even been looking at the cashier.. just standing there holding out my fiver and gaping at this mom.
I get the change and take off half afraid to look back.
Strange

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 03:17:24 PM »
well this is more embarassing than funny.. but any how
about  a month ago i wander into my local kmart and they have ONE brushable size princess twilight. now before i leave the toy isle i check.. up down and around both corners to make sure that there are NO Kids.. that could want the thing.. I even stand there and wait for a few seconds to MAKE SURE..
when im finally sure..
i head up to the check out with her.. I get all the way up there and I am in line and about to pay when the little girl behind me starts BAWLING and DEMANDING.. that i hand over the pony.
and im all like
@@
where the bloody snot did this kid come from?
the mom asked me if the pony is for my little girl and not being ashamed of my collecting i tell her
"No mam, I collect toys and sometimes buy and sell. This is for my collection."
So this chick lights into me about a grown woman buying toys for little kids.
Thankfully by now.. shes already paid for.. I hadnt even been looking at the cashier.. just standing there holding out my fiver and gaping at this mom.
I get the change and take off half afraid to look back.
Strange

Ugh, that stinks. I can't believe some people have the nerve to behave like that in public.

As for my own... I don't have many juicy stories yet, but I'm sure my neighbors are having thoughts about the lady who has a beheaded pony soaking in a vase next to a bunch of potted plants on her balcony.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »
Erghh, Roseprincess1, that stinks!

I've been fairly lucky in that nothing wierd has happened to me in pony collecting. The husband of one of my bf's work collegues came over the other day to give me some boxes to pack (we're moving! :D) and had to do a double take when he walked into the study and found boxes of ponies over the floor. He was really cool about it though and was asking me questions about my collecting.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »
Answering a Kijiji ad only to find out it was one of my husband's ex-co-workers selling his kids' ponies... and the castle... I still use that silly castle for display...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 10:02:10 PM »
My new downstairs neighbor is also my mail-lady...she asks what it is i get all the time, and i say "My Little ponies...mostly the ones from the 80's...I restore them and sell them." And she asks if i'm a Brony and starts to laugh. I surprised myself by saying "Nah...I predate Brony by about 25 years! I'm WAY ahead of my time!" She looked at me a little weird, but now takes a keen interest in my collection, especially now when i told her i was able to pay off my huge Vet bill with them!

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »
My new downstairs neighbor is also my mail-lady...she asks what it is i get all the time, and i say "My Little ponies...mostly the ones from the 80's...I restore them and sell them." And she asks if i'm a Brony and starts to laugh. I surprised myself by saying "Nah...I predate Brony by about 25 years! I'm WAY ahead of my time!" She looked at me a little weird, but now takes a keen interest in my collection, especially now when i told her i was able to pay off my huge Vet bill with them!

HAH! I love it! XD Every time I meet someone who asks if I'm a brony or sees me wearing a pony shirt, I have to explain the same darn thing...I love ponies for the ponies, not for the show! :heart:

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2014, 08:44:09 PM »
Probably when I was making a twinkle-eyed custom, so I cut out the original eye on the bait. But... I left the little eyeball plastic in the kitchen, so my boyfriend found a little set of eyeballs later by the cereal.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »
I just got a TE Speedy and TE Galaxy...both mint except for their sparse tails. Disappointed, i removed Galaxy's head to find 1/2 her tail had apparently been inside her body since the day she came off the factory belt! The hair was pristine...no aging, discoloration or anything. It looked like brand new from the box hair, and to top it all off it still had factory curl!
So then i went to speedy and darned if she didn't have the EXACT same thing! Her hair was straight, but stil...wackiness!

That is so crazy!  I remember a post a year or so ago where someone had found a small piece of paper with Chinese writing on it.  I think it ended up being a lot number or something related to manufacter and not a "message in a pony" style call for help LOL  I can't remember who's pony it was though.

I remember that! There was the one with a drawing of Big Bird's head that someone else found, and a bunch of bugs in another even though the pony was still sealed and there were no holes!
Ha ha! That's my big bird cult mo baby:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal