collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Butterscotsch question  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Rowan Badart

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Butterscotsch question
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »
Awesome! thanks Gizmo!
So now i know, my Butterscotch isn't a factory error or something, she's a MO from 1987, that also explains why the plastic is still in perfect condition, she just isn't that "old" like my other ones.

So my Cotton candy is just an earlier MO?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
Unfortunately the collectors pose ponies were not available as late as most other MOs; they were no longer offered via mail order after late 1986/early 1987 with the offers for them expiring either mid 1987 into late 1988.

The collector pose MOs were released when MLP was at its most popular; nothing to do with the popularity of the line and ponies were available this way for most of the US MLP years.

Personally I would be reluctant to say its something as simple as your Butterscotch was made in 1987 and your Cotton Candy was made earlier. There is no way to say that for certain and there is even variety in the ponies store released from that time regards forelocks and hair plugs, etc - depending on set, depending on where it was released, depending on when it was released. Probably caused by multiple production lines and multiple factories even being used.

As for quality control: yes there was some and if we are honest quality control and accuracy to type is pretty impressive for a mass produced toy. You are looking at the very smallest differences here and what is simply a variety in production. We didnt have the internet, cell phones or CDs [mass market anyway] when these ponies hit the shelves...technology has come a long way especially in manufacturing.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
Ah, what a tangled web we weave! It sure would be nice to have a time travel device or someone in the Hasbro shops who kept immacculate notes as to calibration settings, mold numbers, carvers, artists, stencil cutters, hair types, glues, plastic mixtures, dye batches, paint ingredients, color gradients, reground percentage of plastic used, acceptable variation in all factors...the color of the book-keeper's eyes...but, unfortunately, the 80's were also full of deviations and inaccuracies that just don't much exist now that the human error factor has pretty much been wiped out and replaced with computers and robots.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
My FF one is darker  on the body who is kind of brownish that the ones in pictures

And the butterflies (that are rubbed)  are the same color of the eyes, maybe is just fading?

Offline Rowan Badart

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »
Well, i would think it's save to say that my Butterscotch is probably a variation that's produced later on in the 80's looking at the photo's Gizmo posted yesterday but also the wonderful state my butterscotch is in.(she looks almost new)

All i know for sure now is that she's a MO, and there are more ponies who have the same forelock and manes spacing.
By the pics of Bleu belle Gizmo posted i know now there are more Collector ponies with the same mane & forelock, so there's probebly a batch or variant that was made that way and mine is one of them.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:33:02 AM by Rowan Badart »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 07:39:58 AM »
As long as you are happy with her and happy with the conclusion you have drawn on her :) Thats the important part.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal