collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you think we'll get a Discord toy now that he is friends with the mane 6?  (Read 383 times)

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Discord has been around for a long time and has been appearing more often in the show and is now friends with the mane 6. Do you think Hasbro will give us a toy of him now? I hope so.  :biggrin: What do you think?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I think he will be expensive to make- so Hasbro probably won't make him,

but I think that Funko (using the license for MLP) has already said that they plan to make him.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
ahhh haaa so thats why they're getting rid of AJ, http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,355168.0.html ha ha now we know why.....

I can see it for some of the other toy companies but Hasbro is so lazy I doubt they themselves will....

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Maybe we'll get a blindbag figure? I mean, they made a unique Gilda mould and she was in one. single. episode. I love her, but srsly. They've given blind bags to one-off characters from the Elements of Harmony that aren't ponies, too.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
In either Funko or Blind Bag, yes.. as a toy the size of the brushables or something.. no

Not only cost but you got to think... do the MAJORITY of the target group like Discord? The small # here doesn't really speak for the whole target group XD That is also like with AJ.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
We'll get a blind bag, probably. I bet Funko will make one too.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Oh my gosh a brushable discord would be so fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
I'd love to see a Discord figure.  Especially if Funko made him :0

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
In either Funko or Blind Bag, yes.. as a toy the size of the brushables or something.. no

Not only cost but you got to think... do the MAJORITY of the target group like Discord? The small # here doesn't really speak for the whole target group XD That is also like with AJ.

I'd reckon he's popular with the kids. If Willy Wonka, Alice in Wonderland, Adventure Time, etc, are anything to go by...kids love weird/eccentric/odd/silly/illogical characters. I'm not personally a huge fan (especially as he's been written more towards irritating than amusing lately, Pinkie has suffered similarly) but I could see him being popular with the target audience.

It's more than likely cost of producing such a complicated mould that has delayed us seeing an official Discord figure than anything else. Watch as Hasbro release him as a blind bag in an expensive set with re-releases of the mane six...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Despite that he is well received by both the bronies and kids, I expect, I don't see Hasbro doing any intricate toy because he's such an odd shape. I don't know if we'll even get a blind bag of him. We haven't seen one yet.

But not surprised that Funko already said they're going to do one. Seems like something they would do.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
As some one who actively dislikes the character, maybe I am cynical, but I am pretty sure the only reason he continues to pop up in the show is in an attempt to keep John De Lancie tied to the show and therefore keep segments of the fandom happy. I always feel like he is shoe horned into the situation.

However, that being said, I really remain amazed that there has not been at the very least a ponyville/mini fig sized character of him yet. But then again, despite some of the protagonists getting releases this way, we are still largely missing any release of proper "baddies". Its really only the pony-ised baddies - NMM and Chrysalis - who have had some kind of release.

I agree, I dont think we will see him in the playful or fashion sized range. But I would think a mini fig character, a Funko or even some kind of special moulded release/exclusive is probably going to happen eventually.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Discord and Celestia for Wave 10 from Funko, just because I need them both haha

For Sale Wants