collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm going to give out pony loot bags to kids in cinemas at EqG 2  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to give out pony loot bags to kids in cinemas at EqG 2
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2014, 01:34:36 AM »
Another who agrees you should make arrangements with the theatre first. Not only will it put parents at ease, but the theatre would probably call the cops on you otherwise. If all they saw was a group of strange adults handing out treat bags to kids, they may presume you have ill intentions or that you were attempting to make a profit in their place of business without their explicit permission. I'm sure they will be fine with it though. If you contact them early enough, they may even be able to advertise the goodie bags and draw in more customers, which is a win/win for everyone involved.

It is a really nice idea though. :) I wish you the best of luck. Personally, I'd go with the second treat bag since it has more characters on it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 06:29:18 AM »
I agree with making sure you arrange everything with the theater also. The only thing I would add to what's already been said is if the theater lets you hand out the bags maybe make a poster/sign to advertise what's in your bags so parents won't be so worried about their children getting one. I also agree with the idea of not putting candy/food in the bags and just putting things like stickers and small toys instead.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »
I struggle with something similar on Halloween every year. I love costumes and making kids happy, but unfortunately, I live in an upstairs apartment toward the back of a house on a street that doesn't see many Trick or Treaters. I'd love to pass some candy out, but something tells me that walking around town and doing this would be supremely sketchy, even on Halloween. ;)

If you're going to go for it, I like the idea of letting the theatre know ahead of time and handing them out at the ticket booth. If you are near a theatre employee and you engage the parents first, it might scare people less.

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
Definitely talk to the theater owner/manager and get permission before you do it, if you don't beforehand you are liable to at a minimum have a problem with security. I have a friend who owns a theater, if they were to receive a complaint from a parent that unknown people especially if the group was predominantly male were handing out candy/goody bags he wouldn't mess around cops would be waiting by the exit for them. I hate to say it but at least at his theater Bronies are greeted with a bit suspicion, they really weren't being that disruptive during the first film but there was at least two or three were getting caught trying to record parts of the film on iPads/smartphones per showing, the movie had a unmercifully early start time so he actually would have to call more staff in early just to watch out for people trying to record the film.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal