collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was there a pony or type that you didn't like as a kid but love now?  (Read 759 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
When I was a child I was kind of creeped out by the TE ponies...they just looked so strange and unnatural, and i thought blinking would be very painful for them :lol: Anyway, now that I've grown I absolutely adore them! Same thing with the G2's...I thought they were way too weird and just dropped getting ponies at all. Now I think they're beautiful and graceful as well as unique! I also despised Totsys, but now I get so excited when I find one at the thrift stores!

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I really wasn't very fond of Cherries Jubilee, I had her but barely played with her. I think it was her colours that put off. Anyway I still have my childhood ponies and now I love her  :heart: because she is near mint condition, beautiful factory curls  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
Orange ponies. I still don't like the colour but Wigwam is now one of my favorites!

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Fakies !Cheap and pretty. Than more ponies than more fun .... Now I think it was mistake to pass up. Common fakies in my childhood were wery neat unicorns whith  metallic wings.Why I considered them so ugly :lol: ...

Oh, and green ones! Somehow I loved minty or   turquoise but hated real green. Twins Drifter and dreamer reminded green bugs :crazy:
But now I adore them
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:45:56 PM by NorthernFlower »

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
As a kid I didn't like the boy ponies until Salty joined my herd :))

Send via Tapatalk on my Galaxy - blame autocorrect for every mistake ;)

:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
As a children my sister and I hated the baby ballerinas. We though our Baby Tippytoes looked stuck up with her nose turned up like that, so we often made her the bad guy. Now I think they're really cute and in a fun pose.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I never liked my Mimic or Magic Star.  Their poses made it hard to play with them. 

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'm more the other way around - when I was a kid I *adored* my Sea Ponies!  Even though I was allowed to play with most of my normal ponies in the tub, the fact that there were ponies specifically made for the tub (it didn't hurt that I loved their song ;) ) was really awesome to me.  Fast forward to just a couple months ago and I decided that I'm not even sure I want to actively collect Sea Ponies (at least at this time).  I can't say that I dislike them, they just don't do a whole lot for me anymore.

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I wasn't a big fan of yellow ponies, now I'm very much in love with them.  If she was a bit cheaper, I think I'd have a Baby Crumpet army. (A Baby Sugarcake army would also be glorious, but that is far less likely than Crumpets!)   :)

I also wasn't all that into the Big Brother-type ponies as a kid.  I had a few of them - Wig Wam, Barnacle, Tux, Daddy Sweet Celebrations - but I honestly can't remember really playing with them.  I like the Big Brothers now, especially when they're dressed up in their accessories.  Even better, I discovered the Mountain Boy ponies (who I didn't know existed back then as a kid in the US) and I am IN LOVE with them!   :lol:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I loved all the G1s that I saw when I was a kid. The only one I saw and wasn't impressed by is poor Blossom and she's still not that much of a fav for me I can't remember why. I didn't like G2s when they came out and they still aren't my thing.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Was there a pony or type that you didn't like as a kid but love now?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
Snuzzle Snuzzle Snuzzle Snuzzle! I didn't like that she and Peachy had the same symbols, and Peachy was my preferred pony. Now, it's the opposite, and not only that, Snuzzle is one of my favorites!
I'll put something here some time

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 12:10:02 PM »
Skippidy Doo and Speedy. I never thought they were pretty as a child, in fact I thought Skippidy Doo was UGLY with the monstrous red hair. As a grown-up, couldn't love them more, just find them so eye catching!

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »
As a kid it would have been fakies but any actual MLP was good for me :) As an adult, when I started collecting I was not that keen on the Princess ponies :faint: I have since learned better! :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »
I thought I didn't want anything to do with Confetti or any other wedding themed ponies - then just now I read her backcard  :freak: So adorable! Actually her story is nothing to do with weddings it's actually about papercraft. I've passed up so many opportunities to get this pony too... another lady for my list!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »
I was kinda creeped out by the pegisus wings, I don't know why but they where puffy much like the dragon from 'The Never Ending Story' remember the scales on valcore? They looked like they they where filled with water or something. Yuck! But then as I got older I saw them more like quilt pillows. Now I see them as feathers. Silly I know.
:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal