collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question for those who have done a custom of Princess Luna S2  (Read 351 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What color paints did you use?  A friend of mine and I want to paint two of the Design a Pony Luna's to look like Princess Luna from Season 2, but I have no idea what colors would be best to do it.  Is anyone willing to share their knowledge so him and I can get started?

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Question for those who have done a custom of Princess Luna S2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:51:44 AM »
Hey!  Since no one else has stepped up, I will give you my paint list for what I am using for Luna right now.  I am also using the design a pony, and I ended up repainting her completely.

Body:  Apple Barrel 21178 Blueberry
Hair:  Apple Barrel 21484 Bluebonnet
Hoofguards: Folkart Metallic 656 Blue Sapphire
Eyeshadow: Americana DA272 Purple Cow
Eyes: any white
          Apple Barrel 21482 Bimini Blue - main part of the pupil
          Apple Barrel 21481 Key West - detail in the pupil
Symbol: any white
              any black

I water the paint down in my little cup palette with a few drops of water, stir it together, and then start painting.  If you have leftover paint in the cup palette and no lid at the end of the day, I use cling wrap to wrap over the palette and keep it fresh til the next day.  =]  Good luck with your Luna, and show us all how she turns out when she is done!

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
Hi! I've been wanting to do a show accurate Fashion Style Luna for a while now. Today, I finally found the most suitable colors for her, for the look I'm going for.   

This is the Luna I've based her colors off of.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

To me, she appears a deep navy blue with a deep purple mixed in. I finally found theses two colors today (in Walmart) and was able to mix them until I achieved the desired shade. (They don't photograph well, sorry)

And here's a quick pic of my FS Luna, with about two thin coats of paint applied. Don't know if it's just me, but these paints seemed pretty thin, so I didn't thin them at all. She looks more purple in the pic, but she appears really navy in real life

PS: can't wait to see y'all's Lunas when you start/finish =)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »
Thanks for the lists guys.  This will really help me come up with the right colors to use. 

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »
:O genus! Color matching, gah I was just mixing colors till I gave up at kinda close status. I will have to make a note of this is I ever go to make another Luna custom.

P.S. Here is how mine turned out

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 10:33:35 AM »
:O genus! Color matching, gah I was just mixing colors till I gave up at kinda close status. I will have to make a note of this is I ever go to make another Luna custom.

She turned out lovely! I love the color of her hair, too. I'm undecided on my hair colors at the moment, but plan on placing an order sometime today/tonight. :)

Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 10:34:52 AM

She turned out lovely! I love the color of her hair, too. I'm undecided on my hair colors at the moment, but plan on placing an order sometime today/tonight.

And I had been mixing colors, too, trying to get the right color.  It just wasn't happening, though, so I finally went out and searched for some paint that was closer to the color I needed.  My Luna is much more "navy" in color now than the picture I posted a bit ago on here. 

:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal