collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cat saves boy video sweeping through?  (Read 800 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Cat saves boy video sweeping through?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »
Poor kid! That must have been terrifying!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »
That's crazy scary!

(domesticated) Dogs do NOT act this way.  I have seen more cats attack kids and dogs rescuing them then this.

It makes me wonder...what state was the dog in when the neighbor received it? Maybe they were working on trying to neutralize behavior when it escaped?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 09:42:04 AM »
My cat totally protects me from dogs, when my family brings their dogs over she keeps them away from me with vicious attacks... unfortunately she also protects me from kids... lol!

I truely believe cats can defend their terrotiry and the 'pride' a.k.a. humans they live with.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »
I had to watch this video a billion times!  I am SO proud of this kitty.  He body slams that dog and then keeps going after him like, "YEAH YOU BETTER RUN!"    :lol:

I feel for the little boy, good thing his little guardian angel kitty was there to save the day.  Shame on the neighbor for not keeping their dog in a fenced in area!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 01:31:20 AM »
I love this cat so much - I've had a few feisty ones over the years - including one that grabbed a snake and saved my life (she used to sit on my shoulder when I walked down the paddock to get the horses) but none that have ever taken on a savage dog.

I can't help but think if the owner's couldn't see their dog while they moved the car, how did they know it wasn't under the wheel of their car?! Irresponsible of the dog owners on both their care and training of the poor dog, and it is sad but I would have had the dog euthanized. I believe it too far gone to have attacked a child, as a person who was attacked twice by the same dog, after it was deemed 'rehabilitated', sometimes it's just not possible, and you don't know until it's too late that the re-training hasn't taken properly. I was so lucky not to have lost my eyes, I have scars above and below both of them as a reminder. Not the dog's fault, and the owners should be fined for their ignorance. Pets are a responsibility, not a right.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 03:04:36 AM »
I absolutely love the video. I like cats so much more than I used to, I think I prefer them to dogs now xD It is a real shame about the dog but it was bound to happen :/ My friends dog almost got euthanized because it barked at someone and frightened them, I mean really?  :huh:

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 03:53:03 AM »
Don't get me started on the dangerous dogs act... even if someone just 'feels threatened' by a dog then it is considered 'dangerously out of control' and could be PTS, even if it's in your own home. Considering how many times I have seen fully grown people go into hysterics because a friendly 12 week old puppy has approached them...  >_<
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
I had to watch the video a few times a couple of days ago. I have tons of dog experience and that was not a normal attack at all. Usually people say an attack was unprovoked, when clearly it was provoked, but not this attack. I wish I knew the dog's background.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
This video was amazing. I've read lots of animals saving stories, but in those the cat attacked a human, not a dog. That poor boy, I saw photos of the bite mark and the stitches her got. I didn't know the mother was also bitten.

It saddens me to see dog attacks, and I often forget that some dogs are fierce, I've never come into contact with an aggressive dog that wasn't a tiny one that I could easily scare off like my neighbors bratty ones.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »
Just found this video the other day. I didn't read any links posted here, but in the report I saw, the dog was described as "the neighbor's guard dog." With that description, I don't wonder if the neighbors had been training it to be more aggressive  :huh: There was just something strange about the dog going after the kid like that. Although, I think a lot of people get dogs without knowing enough about proper training and all. At least where I live, most people seem to have a "haha isn't that cute!" attitude when their dog runs at you and starts jumping on you or barking. I obviously understand that dogs can get excitable, but it's always bothered me when people allow that to happen and then get mad at me for being upset.

In any event, I'm glad the boy and the cat are alright! I'm personally more of a cat person than a dog person, but I doubt our cat would care that much  :P
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »

I would like to share what I heard about this story. My friend's father saw on the news that the dog belonged to the neighbors and was known to hop the fence into the boy's parents backyard. The dog also acted aggressively towards the little boy. Apparently, the boys parents also threatened to sue the dog's owners if they didn't put it down.

When my friend's father told me that, the first thing that I thought was that the little boy had been harassing the dog but unfortunately we'll probably never know the truth unless the police get involved and check the security cameras of the house where the little boy lives :huh:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:46:05 AM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

UnicornCandy

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »
I need a cat. Enough said!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »
Sprinkles, its funny you say that. One of my first thoughts was, if not rabies, are neighborhood children poking at the dog with sticks through the fence or otherwise harassing it.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 09:54:36 PM »
Sprinkles, its funny you say that. One of my first thoughts was, if not rabies, are neighborhood children poking at the dog with sticks through the fence or otherwise harassing it.

Kid-annoyed or harassed dogs do not go after children.  They may snap or bite a child who comes up to them, but they don't go after a nuisance.  They get away.  They leave the area.  The dog's body language in the video is far more akin to a hunting dingo than an actual normal dog.  Honestly, I would say the dog has been trained to fight with that level of aggression.  If the kids were harassing the dog, I would imagine the owner of the dog would be reporting the family of child instead of vice versa.  :/ 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal