collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Handmade Ball Jointed Dolls! Animals! Ponies included! =D  (Read 1376 times)

vonBorowsky

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Handmade Ball Jointed Dolls! Animals! Ponies included! =D
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
Oh my gosh. These are absolutely stunning! I am so in love with your German Shepherd as well as Toothless! You have amazing talent.

You actually may find people interested in these if you post over in the Dollhouse forum as well :)

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Dollhouse forum? You mean, a part of this forum or a different one?
I saw this somewhere.. XD Thank you for your suggestion too!

I join with the others.
They look absolutely great!  :)
The colors are amazing. I'm in love with "Opalescent"  :heart: :heart: :heart:
Greetings TE  ^.^

Thank you very much!!
Opalescent is one of my favorites too XD
By the way your fimo ponies are very cute too!

Offline TwinkleEye

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • TwinkleEye's little sculptures
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 06:21:53 AM »
Thank you very much!!
Opalescent is one of my favorites too XD
By the way your fimo ponies are very cute too!

:lol: Thank you!  ^.^

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 09:20:08 PM »
Welcome!!!!  I have BJDs myself and I adore them.  I recognized Opalescent right away, as I've admired her every time I see the pics.  :)  I really love the little Cotton Candy you made.  Added your Etsy shop to my favorites, as your dolls are very pretty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »
WOW these are soooo epic
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

evafortuna

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »
OMG *dies of cute* you are so incredibly talented! I thought they were cast resin or plastic too! Your technique is amazing  :shocked:

vonBorowsky

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »
OMG *dies of cute* you are so incredibly talented! I thought they were cast resin or plastic too! Your technique is amazing  :shocked:
Thank you so much! I feel flattered XD
Really!

WOW these are soooo epic
Thank you so much!

Welcome!!!!  I have BJDs myself and I adore them.  I recognized Opalescent right away, as I've admired her every time I see the pics.  :)  I really love the little Cotton Candy you made.  Added your Etsy shop to my favorites, as your dolls are very pretty.
Thank you so much for all your words!
It wasn't supposed to be cotton candy but later I discovered cotton candy and was like "ops" XD

Post Merge: August 28, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

While I am finishing my commissions, there is months I do not sculpt. The sculpting part is the first one and I spend lots of time without sculpting. So, I decided to have a mini break to see what if I was able to make an athro doll that actually stands alone.  And I did it!

I grabbed the remaining cold porcelain of Tamu (my last finished commission) and made this. Seriously, I've spend just a few hours and made all of it in a few days (a week to be exactly)!!

This was a fast doll. I didn't take all the care I usually do on making them. It isn't so perfect. But isn't bad too! In fact she is good enough to get a home after she is done.

So people! This is my anhro fox doll prototype! And it stands perfectly by herself! Including in one leg! And makes so many positions I didn't imagine she would! Even without the chest joint! Awww I can't be happier with the result! She is so poseable.

I did a joint at the base of the neck, something I've never saw in a anthro/human BJD. And it works so well! Give to the neck so much more poseability! Her legs have a different shape than I normally see in BJDs.

The body is simple. No boobies, butt or hands. But still looks good! Her eyes are handmade from me. Same used on my Opalescent doll.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:22:39 PM by vonBorowsky »

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »
As much as I dislike the word 'talent' (I believe in practice!), I can't avoid it here; you must be truly talented to be able to get such results from playing around with leftover clay for a few hours. :wow: All the joints seem carefully planned and she is so expressive, I love the second pic with the leaning pose, she looks very alert and curious - just like a fox! I honestly don't see any imperfections, she looks like a beautifully crafted doll. I'm sure she will find a new home in no time. Looking forward to seeing her completed!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

hotgluerifle

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 08:44:45 AM »
oh my gosh they are all darling!! i especially like toothless and opalescent, they're all so well made!!

tymmorn

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »
That...is just amazing.  Beautiful work!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 09:40:36 AM »
That fox is stunning! I love popping back into this thread to see all your creations :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

vonBorowsky

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
As much as I dislike the word 'talent' (I believe in practice!), I can't avoid it here; you must be truly talented to be able to get such results from playing around with leftover clay for a few hours. :wow: All the joints seem carefully planned and she is so expressive, I love the second pic with the leaning pose, she looks very alert and curious - just like a fox! I honestly don't see any imperfections, she looks like a beautifully crafted doll. I'm sure she will find a new home in no time. Looking forward to seeing her completed!

That is true! But I think maybe talent is good used when someone, for example, never sculpted in life, and the first sculpture she/ he makes is already awesome looking. Maybe that is a good use for the word XD That is the way I use it.
I think in my case is the pratice after all! I already made so many BJDs that it came out naturally as I don't need anymore so much planning (or no planning such as this doll) after all XD
I like that picture too! Oh there is a few, but I am working hard on her. I am seriously planning casting her on resin =D
But she is already looking waaay better.
Thank you so much!

oh my gosh they are all darling!! i especially like toothless and opalescent, they're all so well made!!

Thank you so much! Opalescent is one of my favorites XD

That...is just amazing.  Beautiful work!

Thank you so much!!

That fox is stunning! I love popping back into this thread to see all your creations :)

Thank you so much! Makes me very happy to know!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal