collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 new Princesses?!?!  (Read 10114 times)

Wishing Well

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2 new Princesses?!?!
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:50 AM »
Huh, I actually like these quite a bit

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2014, 03:06:33 AM »
If anyone buys both, couldnt you head swap Fluttershys head and Gold's body to make a weird super model fluttershy? LOL just acetone the cutie mark and use one of my fluttershy temp tattoo cm on her butt xD HAHA!

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:32 AM »
Perhaps they are reusing Fluttershy's old eye style because of lots of leftover stock from older releases?

Anyway, while I love Sterling's hair, I may give these two a miss. The different coloured wings look awful to me, especially on Gold Lily. Why Hasbro likes releasing ponies with non-matching wings is beyond me :/

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2014, 05:51:02 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

actually IMO Golden Lily's base coloring is... kind of awful in the digital.. the toy is fine but yeah.. that doesn't look gold to me XD It looks like some sore pf pea color that leans towards yellow
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2014, 06:31:14 AM »
I want to like them--new toy characters, OMG!!!--but Princess Sterling's symbol just looks way to small for her butt and I don't like how their wings don't match.  Maaan.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2014, 06:42:37 AM »
Oh man I dunno. I'm not sure how I feel about their colors. BUT NEW PONIES YAY

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2014, 06:46:15 AM »
Anyone thinking these might be fakes...? I mean the character design doesn't look like Hasbro at all (with the mismatched wings), the cutie marks don't look like G4 cutie marks, the art vectors on the box look weird (why use the extra markings on the legs and face like Rainbow Power when the toy doesn't have those marks?). Plus there's Fluttershy in the old eye style....

I dunno, the whole thing just seems off to me.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2014, 07:14:27 AM »
Is anyone else super annoyed by the "junior princess" crowns on a "senior princess" body? I think they need the bigger crown for this one.

If I get Gold Lily, I will HAVE to customize her. I will just have no choice! You have TIED MY HANDS, Hasbro!!!

. . . The different coloured wings look awful to me, especially on Gold Lily. Why Hasbro likes releasing ponies with non-matching wings is beyond me :/

I don't actually mind the wing mismatch on Sterling--I mean, this isn't the first time. They did it for Cadence to kinda match her to the show (though airbrushed tips would have been more accurate). For me, it's Gold Lily's wings that I can't stand. It looks so PlaySchool to me.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2014, 07:23:43 AM »
These girls are really lovely, it's so great to see new characters!

The one thing I hate is Gold Lily's pink wings. They just don't match for me. Other than that, she is a stunning gal!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »
Anyone thinking these might be fakes...? I mean the character design doesn't look like Hasbro at all (with the mismatched wings), the cutie marks don't look like G4 cutie marks, the art vectors on the box look weird (why use the extra markings on the legs and face like Rainbow Power when the toy doesn't have those marks?). Plus there's Fluttershy in the old eye style....

You might be right

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2014, 07:26:17 AM »

I completely see where you are coming from as there is something off with them - plus it does seem weird to randomly find new princesses. But they have been listed as products on Kmarts website for a couple of days so they are completely legit.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of these but well done Hasbro for finally giving us new brushable characters! A sign of more to come, possibly?

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »
I kinda wish Hasbro would just release more background characters into brushables, it seems alot of those characters are trapped in blindbag form in the toyline while they release new characters. If they want more princess toys to sell why not make a White FS Celestia !? Nothing is holding you back but yourselves, Hasbro!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:32:47 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »
Wow- this is a big surprise!  Here here for new ponies!

Although the mismatched wings are a little odd and don't actually comport with the graphic art.  Guess they cheaped out and decided to use left-over Cadance/Celestia and Twilight wings? 

Star Spark

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »
I'm kind of torn- I really, really want to show support for new brushable characters, and I don't mind the odd color designs (I actually find the yellow pretty distinctive), but I also swore I would never buy another set that contained a Mane 6 duplicate, since I can't justify getting overcharged for one toy just because another I already have multiples of is forced into the set. I understand the goal of the two packs is to be able to charge more for them, but it can't cost them that much more to just recolor one of the basic pony molds into something new- at this point, it seems almost vindictive on Hasbro's part to force people into buying the same characters over and over just to get at the new ones. 

It may also be a moot point, since I'm not sure if there are any Kmarts around here anymore.  :think:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal