collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How you used to play whiht toys in childhood?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
How you used to play whiht toys in childhood?
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
How you used to play whiht toys in childhood ? I mean  some details you clear remember  :P

I had 2 tiny dinosaurs and I always hang them on the  toy bush. That's it. All play. And I thought they're my brothers for some reason  ^.^

Also barbies of course. I liked to play shoestore when i was alone. One fake doll had tiny feet  and another  big flat feet. They tried on everything but only 2-3 pairs fit them.

Tiny furniture. I had several playsets to complete normal house whith bedroom, nursery, bathroom, living room, kitchen and so on. But I nener used furniture this way. I shared  it between my favorite small toys so everybody had 2 peases. With closed eyes to be fair !  It was OK  that somebody get
microwave and floor lamp or sofa and chair.... Toy who had beds or sofas considered rich!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
Re: How you used to play whiht toys in childhood?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
It's not like I didn't have toys but, I can't for the life of remembered what I did with them. I think I played more with the animals. We always had like 20 cats. I would cut out paper manes and put them around the cats to make them lions. The goats, dogs, rabbits, chickens, etc, where turned into some other African animals. Then I would give a safari tour on my bike.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Noepse

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
I Believe most of the time I made up really silly love stories, mostly about the bad guys falling for the good ones and in the end becoming good themselves. There was also always at least one princess in all of my stories, god did I love princesses.
Nowadays while I don't really play with them, I do give them personalities. At least all of my ponies have their own little story!

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 05:03:41 PM »
The toys I remember playing with the most when I was younger were Strawberry Shortcake and Playmobil. I have a younger sister, and I remember that when we played with Playmobil (we had the big playhouse), I was usually the mom and she was the daughter. And we had a "bad" brother, of course.  :lol:
I never had any mlps when I was younger, so I never did play with any, even though I was the perfect age when g3 hit the scenes. I think my mom just didn't like them or something. 

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »
I was big into "training" Breyer horses.  Every new horse to join the herd was more or less some, dangerous, wild rogue  :P.  At least until star rider and multi-Olympic champion Antoinette (aka a Brenda Breyer doll) got her hands on them!  Inevitably, they would become world class mounts.  Of course, there would be some set backs along the way, like when Jamie (also a Brenda Breyer, but a kid doll, not an adult), the spunky and willful but well meaning young teen would try to "help" with the training, which generally involved sneaking said future champion out onto the cross country course at night, only to find herself in deep trouble, unable to control the horse, etc.  Of course, Antoinette would ride to the rescue in the nick of time and save the day, haha.  Generally, around the time the former rogue-ish horse was becoming a champion in whatever discipline, the next horse would come along and it would start all over again, lol.  Come to think of it, poor old Antoinette spent most of her time fixing stuff the other Brenda Breyer dolls screwed up.

I had lots of fun with all my Breyer horses when I was little.  I actually still have all of them, which is fun.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline NorthernFlower

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:43 AM »
It's not like I didn't have toys but, I can't for the life of remembered what I did with them. I think I played more with the animals. We always had like 20 cats. I would cut out paper manes and put them around the cats to make them lions. The goats, dogs, rabbits, chickens, etc, where turned into some other African animals. Then I would give a safari tour on my bike.

Happiness !  :drunk: Such bright moments !

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:35:21 AM »
carefully !!! none of my orgonal ponies have hair cuts or pen marks lso had a sindy horse foal i took every where but was recently stolen along with 12 adult ones :(
dident have many barbies but i had a normal one and a black one and a ballet sindy who also rode the horses 
as i belved it was like toy story an they came alive at night if i droped them i would say sorry to them :)
i also had a little rabbit about 4 inches high and i usd to make shoe box houses for it :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:39:06 AM by Aflame »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 07:08:23 AM »
With alot of my toys I just played school. It was my favorite game apparently.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 08:14:31 AM »
It was just what my imagination threw out at the time, coupled with what I was watching :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline GreyBird1881

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carebear1881.webs.com
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
I remember I played with my wish world kids a lot and they had this swing and I would get all my other tiny dolls and pretended they were orphanage kids and my Barbies were coming to adopt them! I apparently watched a movie where kids were adopted and then of course Annie was my favorite movie too.....so yes I guess that is the reason I have 3 adopted kids :-)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »
I was always just a big fan of dressing toys up. Barbie (eck, ack, yuck) had to always be dolled up to the extreme. Ponies simply talked to each other (I had no ponywear). I had paper dolls, there was a lot of color coordination and accessorizing going on there. I have little to no imagination with toys at all... My legos weren't very lively either. (As an only child playing with toys with other kids was kinda boring to me.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »
WAR!
when we were on base in Germany my sisters and I would stage wars between our ponies, barbies, care bears, popples, GI JOE and lady lovely lock dolls.  the barbies and popples were the bad guys so we had the Cobra guys with them, and the ponies were the mounts for the Joes and others... we were so not nice to the barbies at least not the expensive ones, those got to play fashion shows.. but we turned the kitchen into a triage

The Christmas tree was also a victim of our play, we would constantly put ponies and toys in it and leave it for mom to find
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal