collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Right adress, wrong name - a hassle. RESOLVED  (Read 604 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Right adress, wrong name - a hassle. RESOLVED
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:57:25 AM »
I am asking for inputs on a thing, non pony.

My boyfriend purchased a high value item from a polish retailer a couple of weeks ago. He paid by paypal. Please note, this was not through ebay. The transaction went smoothly, he got a pdf with a recepit and a tracking number.

Post office never sent anything about it being here. He found out through the tracking that it had arrived at the Post Office. PO here is basically the customer service desk at a mall. We went there today to get it and the lady wouldn't give it to him. The reason being the seller had put my boyfriends online nickname as only name on the package.

Now, I've picked up a ton of things there and I know they are required to ask for ID but they never does. This time on the other hand.. despite us being able to show the confirmation of the purchase, that his email is the same as the name on the package, that we live on the adress stated on it and has the phone number.. she refused as the name on the package and the name on bfs ID didn't match.

My boyfriend tried to call the postal service customer support but were stuck in a line for 20 minutes. The voice never stated where in line he were or how long he was supposed to wait. In the end, he just gave up.

He has emailed the retailer and Paypal, but since it's the beginning of the weekend, I guess he won't hear back until Monday.

My guess is the package will be at the PO until it's time to send it back to the retailer. In a perfect world, the retailer would send it back with the right name on, right? My question is: If the retailer makes a fuss and won't refund or resend the package, is my boyfriend covered by Paypal?

I'm also curious why the seller would put my boyfriends online nickname as his first and last and only name on the package. He thinks it's because it's his login name on Paypal and that might be true. But, he filled out his name and address on the retailers home page when he did his purchase. I also recall buying a couple of corsets from a store in the US two years ago and I used his paypal when I paid as I don't have one. I got that package without problem so I don't get this at all..

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Right adress, wrong name - a hassle.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »
I can't really answer 100% if PayPal will cover you, but I would think so, as the seller hasn't put the right info on the parcel. Your seller sounds a bit confused, the PayPal login is your email adress, and that obviously doesn't have anything to do with your postal adress. PayPal would have even told him your BFs correct name in the confirmation email for the payment, so I have no idea where he would get the idea to put his nickname as his actual name! Sorry you're dealing with this!

It could also be worth trying the PO again, that woman sounds a bit nutty, if you're lucky enough to get a sensible clerk next time they may see reason.

Best of luck!

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
Ok, I will answer this is Swedish and I hope its ok.

*edited using Google translate*  :heart: PL
"The package remains in the post for two weeks, then sent it back to the sender. Is there a company that has sent the package? In that case, you can ask the sender to contact the postal service and ask for an "amended disposal", meaning that they in turn will contact the delivery point and ask them to change the name of the addressee. An even easier way (requires that you are familiar with any of mail delivery) is that you simply go there when someone you usually pick up at work, maybe you have luck and the person leaves out the shipment. Have yourself working in a postal delivery in several years, you have questions, just send a PM!"

Good luck! :hug:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
Thanks for the answers. We're now guessing we never got a notification because of the name. We live in an apartmentcomplex so we are several who shares the adress and for the deliverer it must have been confusing to find the right adress but never the right "name" so we put up his online nick on our box as well if they'll try again. Often they never ask for ID if you have the slip.

Yes, it was a business. The suggestions sounds reasonable. We're gonna wait out the answer from them and maybe suggest that. Thanks for the tip. :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 04:05:15 AM »
:(  what a mess! its a pain that the seller didnt put the right name on, but TBH if you can prove the name on the parcel is your BFs ID and show them some print outs of the transaction details (showing your BFs Id and the sellers ID and all that )  at the PO then they should let you have the parcel. I would definitely go back and try again  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:10 AM »
Yes, try again! If nothing else, maybe the next time you go to the window it will be a different worker who won't be so obnoixiously strict with the rules.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
What a nightmare  :(

:(  what a mess! its a pain that the seller didnt put the right name on, but TBH if you can prove the name on the parcel is your BFs ID and show them some print outs of the transaction details (showing your BFs Id and the sellers ID and all that )  at the PO then they should let you have the parcel. I would definitely go back and try again  :hug:

This^^
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »
Sorry for writing in Swedish Ponylady.. :blush:

Beldarna, did you go back to the PO? Have you recieved the package?

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
I've not gotten back as I've worked and boyfriend has been busy. We might try again tomorrow. :)

EDIT: This has just turned out to be the most riddicoulus thing ever. Paypal got back to us. For some reason they have decided that my boyfriend has a business and they sent the seller his "businessname" instead of correct name. A friend told us we're not the first ones they do that to. She knows a couple of others who's acount suddenly turned to business.. She also can't use them because they've decided her real actual name isn't hers. We hardly ever use Paypal. This was the first time in two years and during that time, with no activity, they've change the account from private person to a business o.O
They also told him that this is a matter for the Post Office and the seller and they're not part of it. The email bascially said "Thanks for asking us for help. We can't help you. Thanks for allowing us to help".

We called the customer service number for the Post and they told us that the thing you suggested Baby Mischief is a no go. They won't do that. All we can do is wait for the package to be sent back which will happen in 8 days and hope seller will resend with correct name.

The only one willing to work things out was the seller who asked for email to the post office. They don't have  an email, only a questionaire on their webpage which is in Swedish. Seller said he will send it back to us as soon as it reach them. Fingers crossed.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Right adress, wrong name - a hassle. Update last post
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »
Yikes! How is it possible for them to change it to a business account? When I have set up paypal business accounts, I have had to supply everything from tax id numbers to business registration numbers. How could they simply alter the account without talking to your partner and without additional information?

I hope everything works out, honey!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Right adress, wrong name - a hassle. Update last post
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »
Yikes! How is it possible for them to change it to a business account? When I have set up paypal business accounts, I have had to supply everything from tax id numbers to business registration numbers. How could they simply alter the account without talking to your partner and without additional information?

I hope everything works out, honey!

Right? We are two honest hard working people who've never had anything remotley looking like a business of our own. We pay our taxes like private persons. He set up the account as a private person and has not used it in several years. He doesn't even accept Pay Pal as payment for his auctions on Tradera. We're so confused you have no idea. But they're washing their hands and boyfriend has decided to never use them again. Once this ordeal is over he is closing it down.

Thanks, we're just gonna wait til the package is sent back so the seller can resend. Only option and I can't wait til it's over.

UPDATE: So boyfriend decided to try one last thing. He was given advice on a forum to try to get it out as a businesspackage, so he made some businesscards with his nickname on (wonders of photoshop) and took out his old summer jacket (on which he as a teenager printed his online nickname on the back) and went to the PO.  This time, he told he was getting out his businesspackage that was payed by with Paypal and showed his ID. The lady looked at the printout tracking number, looked at his ID, saw his jacket, printed a receipt that he signed and off he went with the package.. So apparently it's easier to get a package out as a fake business than it is as a private person :blink:

Also, the Post service got back to him later by email, telling an entire different story than the person he had talked to when he called. They really should get their routines in order! >_<

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Right adress, wrong name - a hassle. RESOLVED
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
Oh my.. That is the most insaine things I have ever heard.. :shocked: I dont know why they didnt want to help you, but I am really happy you got your package. I agree, they really should get their routines in order..!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal