collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your MLP-Peeves?  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Cyber-Satan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
What are your MLP-Peeves?
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
From what gets you slightly annoyed..to your blood boiling with rage?! :argh:

A personal pet-peeve of mine is when a seller claims a G1 is *RARE* simply because it's a G1 and will push the price up to impossible levels. Yeah I know I love Applejack but I wouldn't pay £80 for her..
Another example is when someone is selling a BIG bundle of ponies, and when you ask if you can buy one individually; they refuse. Erm hello? You'll still be making money off of this pony! :shakefist:
So...what are YOUR MLP peeves?
:stressed:

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What are your MLP-Peeves?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »
I'm very annoyed with how Hasbro makes Princess Luna completely different colors as a toy. She's blue with blue hair, not purple with purple and blue hair. The McDonald's Luna also has a pink moon cutie mark rather than white and she doesn't have the black patch around the moon with either. And she has season 1 hair.

The lack of Luna toys yet they shoehorn Celestia into everything.

BlazePony84

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:31:25 PM »
1) hasbro releasing the "mane" ponies over and over instead of making toys based off the DOZENS of other characters in the show
2) people who have ponies/playsets with ALL the accessories, yet insist on selling each. individual. piece. separately, so the total would end up being at least 2-3x what the whole thing would cost
3) people posting non-mlp stuff in the mlp category on ebay - not those that think the item is mlp, but the ones that are clearly tagged as other toys.  strawberry shortcake, fairy tails, freaking ET.  wth?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
When sellers try to list a pony for a fortune and don't even brush its hair before the auction, then give a snippy reply when you ask for more pics than just the one they provided!

The *rare* Peachy

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:40:10 PM »
When ponies are listed as "near mint" in the auction title, but then have a ton of flaws (haircuts, eye and/or symbol damage, age spots, various marks, sometimes chewed bits) when you actually look at the pictures and read the auction description. 

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
Lots marked as "HUGE!" when there's like seven ponies.  Same thing for garage sales.  I go out of my way to follow the signs for a "mega" or "huge" sale only to find a couple of tables with some baby clothes on it or something. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
When you go to the store and all of the blind bags are either opened, or worse, stolen out of the packets.   >_<
Every time I go to my Walmart, unless it is a brand new box, it is a disaster.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
When someone gives you strange looks cus you are buying ponies.
What yah I'm a grown woman buying l il plastic horsies!! Its my money deal!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
When you go to the store and all of the blind bags are either opened, or worse, stolen out of the packets.   >_<
Every time I go to my Walmart, unless it is a brand new box, it is a disaster.

Yes. I have seen this. It saddens me. Who does this? Kids? Or us?

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
I'm very annoyed with how Hasbro makes Princess Luna completely different colors as a toy. She's blue with blue hair, not purple with purple and blue hair. The McDonald's Luna also has a pink moon cutie mark rather than white and she doesn't have the black patch around the moon with either. And she has season 1 hair.

The lack of Luna toys yet they shoehorn Celestia into everything.

This. A hundred times over this. Why do I have to spend years learning to customize or just to get a good Luna? Everyone else is fairly show accurate! I buy them anyway. I guess I'm part of the problem.  :lol:

Also, these new G4s with the wide noses. The narrow original noses look so cute! Why would you change that to something that makes them look fat and not show accurate? It works okay for Mrs. Cake, though.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
Getting to a yard/garage sale and hearing "I just sold a huge box of ponies". Id rather they just said they didnt have any

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:16:20 PM »
eBay sellers who have hundreds of individual pony items for sale, but they list them with 5 days or less to go. Then only a few things sell so every couple of days the search listing is simply drowning with their items. :huh: I understand wanting exposure but its so annoying to have pages of the same old stuff in "newly listed" searches, couldn't they do a 20 day listing instead?

People listing a "lot" of MLP... but it's only two or three ponies. I've even gotten a real good laugh out of some "lot of 1" listings.

More of a general gripe than pony-specific... Sellers who have a long winded preamble into their description, detailing their standards regarding bidding, payment, shipping, handling, processing times, etc etc. And when you finally scroll past all that their description of the item itself is just "in good condition" or "looks nice". :lol: Can be kind of annoying if the photo isn't too good and you look to the description for details.

For G4, the quality control sticks out. For all of the many many cost cutting measures they already apply, you'd think you would be able to just pick up a pony off the shelf and not have to study it for clear paintwork, properly aligned eyes, uncut and soft hair, and lack of disgusting black smears, scratches or factory dirt. Even a *special* pony like my SDCC Muffin came out of her box with faint brown marks on her face and glue in her tail.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 08:27:38 PM »
Add me to those who can't stand people selling ponies for absurd prices. I've even seen the same ponies relisted over and over again and they never lower the price, and it feels like the poor ponies will be stuck in limbo because their owners can't understand that just because something is vintage doesn't mean it's worth a lot.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »
The use of the term "Nirvana" in G1 collecting.  I think it initially started as a light-hearted thing like "I've reached pony heaven!" but it stuck, unfortunately.  I find it offensive to some of the beliefs in Buddhism and Hinduism and NOT because it was also the name of a rock band.

From Wikipedia because it was short and sweet!...
"In the Buddhist context nirvana refers to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished.[1] In Hindu philosophy, it is the union with the divine ground of existence Brahman (Supreme Being) and the experience of blissful egolessness.[5]"

Offline loser

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »
G1 ponies with a streak cut out of their hair??
I've had three moondancers pass through my hands, specifically with her purple streak cut out??
Why??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal