collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 46468 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #915 on: July 02, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »
I think the doll is cute too-  I wish they'd done the pony "tentacles" with hair, instead of plastic.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #916 on: July 02, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
I actually prefer the SDCC EQG doll than Catty Noir. She looks more messed up. ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 03, 2014, 03:56:33 AM »
Actually, something that would have looked better (and maybe justified the cost) is putting her a unique position like when she was lounging on her hair in the episode.  The unique mold would make her more special and more worth $50 dollars.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #918 on: July 03, 2014, 05:46:46 AM »
Actually, something that would have looked better (and maybe justified the cost) is putting her a unique position like when she was lounging on her hair in the episode.  The unique mold would make her more special and more worth $50 dollars.
Ideal but again Hasbro is known to take short cuts and would not make a new mold unless they plan on reusing it.. that said I'm curious if Spike is actually hard plastic or a plush
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #919 on: July 03, 2014, 06:52:11 AM »
I don't think it would be cost-effective for them to make a one-time mold like that.

Scuttlebutt is that the reason the exclusives are so expensive (not only pony, but also Transformers and other lines) is that the money comes from Marketing and they don't give them that big of a budget.

Personally, I would rather have a normal sized pony (like the usual Playful Pony size, or the usual Luna or Celestia molds) with more attention to detail than a larger pony with less detail.  Like, "more for the money" doesn't really appeal to me if it translates into "looks totally out of place next to the rest of the collection because it's huge."  Might just be me, though.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 03, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »
I'm afraid if it were smaller, people would just complain about that, too :/ I think the SDCC DJ from last year is a unique mold, isn't it? Or is it just the hair that's unique?
The more I look at the pony, the more I like it, i just see it as being unfinished. Like, if it had a real fabric costume as well as the painted stuff, that'd be cool...and the fact that the tentacles are only green...the doll has green AND purple hair. Maybe there's an aspect to the pony and Spike that we're just not aware of yet...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 03, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »
I would like the SDCC pony to be either G1/G3 size, or Fashion Style size.  I think brushable size is too small, and I hope that this pony is not that size.  She sure looks like a unique mold to me.  I think the DJ from last year was a unique mold too.  For sure the Spike is a unique mold.  I guess that is where the cost went.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the idea or the design, which is cute and unique, and definitely fits the SDCC theme, as well as showcasing Hasbro's current pony line (which is sort of the point of SDCC).

However, it really just doesn't look like a $50 set.  Maybe the packaging will be super fabulous?  I'm pretty sure with the $50 price tag, this is not a pony that will sell out of the Hasbrotoyshop fast.  She'll still probably be more popular than blinged out DJ though. 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
I really like my DJ Sparkles.... :lol:
Anyway, a brushable would be nice, but we're getting a general release of a White Celestia, so I'm cool with the Exclusive because of that! I was afraid the EQG dolls would be replacing the pony line, but more and more I'm thinking they're just going to be related.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #923 on: July 03, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »
I think she has a Luna mold, although with the "peg" smoothed over for Luna's hair and the wings removed.  So . . . kind of unique?  But not an entirely new mold.  I mean, they won't even make a totally unique mold for Chrysalis, who is mass marketed, so I wouldn't expect something 100% new for a one-off exclusive.

You're right about Spike having a unique mold though, I didn't think about that before.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
« Reply #924 on: July 05, 2014, 12:15:07 AM »
I would like the SDCC pony to be either G1/G3 size, or Fashion Style size.  I think brushable size is too small, and I hope that this pony is not that size.  She sure looks like a unique mold to me.  I think the DJ from last year was a unique mold too.  For sure the Spike is a unique mold.  I guess that is where the cost went.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the idea or the design, which is cute and unique, and definitely fits the SDCC theme, as well as showcasing Hasbro's current pony line (which is sort of the point of SDCC).

However, it really just doesn't look like a $50 set.  Maybe the packaging will be super fabulous?  I'm pretty sure with the $50 price tag, this is not a pony that will sell out of the Hasbrotoyshop fast.  She'll still probably be more popular than blinged out DJ though.

I totally agree.  I would think that those who have a line of exclusives are going to have serious combo-breaker syndrome this year. It's just...not...the way... it's a chhhaaaaangliiiiiiing!!!!

Not for me either. I am sad-glad I didn't preorder it with a ticket :(
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #925 on: July 05, 2014, 05:43:21 AM »
I do think that with this year's they did edit a base of an existing mold for the exclusive (in this case they used a DaP base that needed little editing)

Last years I looked at and to me it was the same case... it looks like they reused a FS mold and made some edits. I really wish there was a larger picture of that Spike though... But if we are correct in the fact that the pony is a DaP size and if Spike is molded plastic then they would have made a new mold for him.. but again it is kind of hard for me to tell anything XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #926 on: July 07, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
here she is in box. her eyes are kinda scary but all in all she's pretty cute! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

found on tumblr from momdusaplayswithdolls courtesy of timetoplaymag's instagram.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 07, 2014, 01:22:01 PM »
Those are some scary eyebrows!  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #928 on: July 07, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »
here she is in box. her eyes are kinda scary but all in all she's pretty cute! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

found on tumblr from momdusaplayswithdolls courtesy of timetoplaymag's instagram.

* also look at those hands! they actually look like HANDS! haha
 & it looks like they ditched the purple in her hair..
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:34:21 PM by kandipony »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #929 on: July 07, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
i really like her, but the purple is majorly distracting.
not a big fan of the non-natural color dolls.
my only dislike to the e.g. doll line.
though most of the ones i have are rarity, flutter shy and applejack. XP

but i do want her. hopefully she won't be popular after the end all and i can pick her up for a reasonable price.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal