collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 46551 times)

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #525 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »
My heart bleeds for the older fans.

Bronies get so much and once the show is gone, who are you gonna be left with? Not a bunch of bronies. I'm sure some will stay, but 75% will move onto the next thing. The older fans (which I have not had the honor to be a part of, but consider myself now) really need more attention.

I like Funko but I really feel MLP's standard releases should be the smaller FS. That's the only line that makes me think of old gen MLP in gen 4...

Oh, and that price tag is absolutely horrible. This is gonna be around just like DJ, a year later...
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
No thankyou.  But in my option it's better then last years.  I a new brush able styling pony would of made me happy.

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »
as a fan of EQG, the only positive I can find in this is that we now have a torso with articulated elbows and possibly knees? (can't really tell cuz her thigh-high boots) also her hands, you can actually see a shape to the hand and a THUMB! no more flat pointy hands! YAY! lol small victory for me haha

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 25, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
I actually do like the pony figure, but of course it has to be way more expensive than the freaking EQG doll.  :mad:  She doesn't even have anything to do with that line!

The fear that EQG might just replace MLP seems to be getting more and more merit...

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #529 on: June 25, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »
At least my money can go toward the Build A Bear AJ and Zecora now :3

yea, hasbro can I have my money back on your cheap product. I'd rather pay for a build a bear pony.

The thing is, if it's $50, IF the hair does 'move' then who will be taking her out of her fancy box because if it is a collector pieces like the past they come in a fancy jiggy box.  If the tentacle hair moves, then you can't really enjoy that feature unless you take it out of the box.

It almost looks like something meant for the playline that they just decided to make the exclusive, like they didn't have time to do anything else and nixed it from the playline. Compared to the DJ pony from last year, at least from the photo this doesn't look as GOOD as that. Maybe it looks better in person in a fancy box but the point of moving parts would be defeated by the presentation box :/
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 25, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »
WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! XD I'm totally getting this one!!!! :D

(Oh great, another fight i'm gonna have to deal with in order to get this doll and pony  -_- )I hope the website doesn't sell out too soon :/
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 25, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
(Oh great, another fight i'm gonna have to deal with in order to get this doll and pony  -_- )I hope the website doesn't sell out too soon :/

I don't think you will have a hard time getting her.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 25, 2014, 11:46:43 AM »
WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! XD I'm totally getting this one!!!! :D

I have a good feeling she/they will be shelf-warming like DJ was last year.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:52 AM »
Haha my persona (in my avatar) just realized she has a familiar color scheme to this certain villain and she is raging "This pony is a menace and gives a bad name to purple ponies with green hair!" XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:57 AM »
Yuck.  :yucky:

This is the very first MLP SDCC that I have absolutely no interest in, and I'm actually pretty sad about it because I'm a G4 completionist and I really don't want this in my collection, especially not for $50. I'd have a hard time spending $15 on it.  :huh:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 25, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »
Oh I am not happy one bit! What is Hasbro thinking......I feel bad for people that bought tickets and will be getting one of these. That is if they don't like it. If you like it then that is cool :)

On a good note for me that is one less pony on my wish list. The pony just looks so fake to me :( 

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 25, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »
Wish Funko did new characters for SDCC, hasbro should really leave the molded hair for Funko they do it better, would have been awesome if Funko would have made spike and maniac they would have made them better I know maniac would have had more tentacles and they would have been lager and more accurate.

That they are doing molded hair at all is a travesty to the MY Little Pony line. And since some of us are not into Funko I don't think we care what they do over in F-land. This thing is a mockery of what MLP is supposed to be.

Thank you.

Seriously, if anyone wants this pony I will likely be selling mine. I want nothing to do with this piece of junk.

Offline Okapifeathers

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 25, 2014, 11:57:51 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the "Brony" merchandise and the "target audience" merchandise divide is a little silly? I enjoy merchandise from both "sides" and I just really feel as if it's like any other toy line where some fans will like one kind of thing and other fans will like something else...

I don't think this pony had anything to do with the "Brony" side, I tend to keep up with all of the Brony news sites since I have male friends who are fans and sometimes they have interesting news, and not once have I seen any particularly loud interest expressed in this pony. But, to me it seems like an obvious choice. The villains are popular amongst all fans when their toys are done right, and this villain focuses on classic superhero/comic ideas, it makes sense for a comicon pony. Though it makes sense, I'm not fond of it but I would buy it if it were $20 or less. $50 is just too much. I do wish the Spike were separate though, since I'm interested in him! If anyone wants to sell him to me let me know.

I mean, I like funkos and brushables for different reasons. Fans of all kinds buy both, I don't understand why some people are so quick to blame the new male fans. I know hasbro has catered directly to them in some instances, but I actually think that's cool. They capitalized on new fans and I love some of the new stuff they put out, and I'm a fan of older gens and I only collect Twilight from the G4 line. I only own two funkos but I think they're a cool new way to represent ponies.

That said, I really wish they could have maybe done something like the Mane six as their superhero counterparts in a brushable set! One of the few times I would actually be okay with a re-release.  I haven't even seen the episode but I think it could have been cute.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »

Thank you.

Seriously, if anyone wants this pony I will likely be selling mine. I want nothing to do with this piece of junk.

ME!! I am dying! I NEEEEED this!  :drunk: (<--not drunk but dying pony) Anyone who can help me get these guys (the pony and Spike) let me know...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:03:19 PM by Salli »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #539 on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
Wish Funko did new characters for SDCC, hasbro should really leave the molded hair for Funko they do it better, would have been awesome if Funko would have made spike and maniac they would have made them better I know maniac would have had more tentacles and they would have been lager and more accurate.

That they are doing molded hair at all is a travesty to the MY Little Pony line. And since some of us are not into Funko I don't think we care what they do over in F-land. This thing is a mockery of what MLP is supposed to be.

Thank you.

Okay I get it you're anti Funko and anti anything I have to say, you don't need to keep rubbing it in, Anyways about before you totally misunderstood was I was saying. I forgot who explained it better but all I meant was it would be silly to do an exclusive a character that was just made by another company.  I wasn't saying that hasbro shouldn't make Big Mac or Octavia at all I think they should make them regular releases, but not for SDCC after Funko just made them.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal