collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What have been some big pony disappointments for you?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
What have been some big pony disappointments for you?
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
This is quite a broad question I suppose  :P but what pony related incidents have left you disappointed?

For me, once I was at a car boot sale and saw a pony. The woman selling it sold it to me for 10p and as I was putting it in my bag she said "you know I had loads this morning, that's my last one!" And I was just really disappointed I didn't get there earlier XD and another time someone told me they'd seen a big bundle of ponies in a charity shop and asked if I wanted them, so of course I said yes, and when they went back to the shop they'd all gone  :cry:

What about you guys?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
Re: What have been some big pony disappointments for you?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »
I think my biggest disappointment is the loss of a sentimental pony after I moved, I looked everywhere and she's just gone. I feel like there's more ponies missing than just her though.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »
There was one time I ordered a Rarity Carrousel Boutique online (on a ebay type site), and I thought it would be coming with all of the accessories, but it didn't come with any.  :cry:
And I didn't even get the two ponies that came with the set, but instead a G3 pony (only collect G4, so I just gave it to my cousin) and… RAINBOW FLASH  :shocked: So, at least I got one positive thing out of it.  :)

Offline Greylady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
Mine is probably realising that I missed out on a lot of the non-mane six G4 brushables outside of the princesses. I only managed to snag Daisy Dreams, Sugarcup, Sunset Shimmer, Sweetie Swirl, Lyra, Trixie, a very damaged second hand Cheerilee and Sunny Rays I believe. I missed out on wave four in 2011 entirely and all the convention exclusives and Toys R Us exclusives (there aren't any Toys R Us stores in the Republic of Ireland that I know of).
Ponies that are exclusive to certain stores and countries therefore are always a pretty big disappointment for me. Especially when they're unicorns.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »
I have had some really disappointing ebay purchases over the years. Sometimes as a result of an auction gamble and sometime a pony which was in promised condition and arrived otherwise. I think that is probably pretty standard for collectors but there are 2 or 3 I still begrudge after all this time :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »
I stopped by a flea market booth with a few ponies. The guy told me he had 20 including a camel (Spunky) and they all got bought up. I was kicking myself for not getting there earlier.

Duster reference]

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
so Many of them I lost count and I want to forget  -_-  but I still remember and can't forget these:

I still remember buying a Star Swirl from Italy and she had some glue stuff on her tail. I got a partial refund but still it was a big disappointment.

Then I bought a MIB AJ  from Ebay and the drama even came here, as when I posted about the problem  the seller started attacking me ,name calling and acussing me of trying to get money back for nothing ,giving me negative feedback on here as well since she is a member here ,new as I was I gave up on my claim on ebay since I was set to keep her ,rare as she is ,  But this MIB had to be deboxed ,the box was super smelly ,smoky and box had grease dirt spots on it  .
so picky as I'm , I opened her and was glad she was ok inside , it was probably the stuff to pack her up  that got her box smelly and dirty :)  still it was a chain reaction because I then had to debox all 13 of the FS ,last year I bought another 13 MIB of them .
Still it was a very negative experience and eye opening to the collector world.

Recently I found an MIB SDCC :muffin: Pony and it was a super nice deal ,when she arrived her box she was sent in was destroyed and to my disappointent  the box was not even wrapped at all, the seller had sent her mib box naked inside the shipping box :(
I did get a partial refund on this case.
Still it was a ruined mib pony forever :(.

I had a G2 cupcake sold to me  , I did not ask for more pics, well the other side that was not on the pic was all painted yellow, I took pics and opened a case , the seller refused to give any partial refund , so We agreed that i will return it for a full refund.
when the seller got the pony back , he had ebay closed the case denying a refund for me , citing that the claim had been a frivolous claim , so I was not to received a claim since the pony was sold as used.
I called ebay and sent them the pictures of the other side of the pony  and I got the case reversed and got my full refund.
I was like wow what kind of person is this ?? wanting to keep the returned item and the money ??

by now I should stay away from ebay (:,but the love for ponies is bigger and stronger !LOL
so gotta deal with  all of it.   worth it ?, YES! :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:27:11 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »
I think the single biggest thing that gets me down in the mouth and angry is getting a pony (usually one I have been after a long time) and finding it not as described, particularly if it has come from a 'reputable' seller.

I sometimes find it difficult to look at the said pony among my collection, and have bring my hackles down by reminding myself it wasn't the poor pony's fault. Even so, I've had to upgrade more often than I would like owing to such situations.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »
Hmm losing a Rapunzel on an ebay auction by $10.... -_-
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »
Since I'm mostly a newer collector, I would have to say my biggest gripe is quality control. I end up getting stuck with ponies with errors sometimes and it kinda irks me.

Like, around Christmas I got Sweetie Drops Funko because I couldn't find her anywhere and it was the last one TRU had. Her cutie mark is kinda bleh. Like faded or scratched up. Now there's tons of them, but I don't have the heart to get another.

As much of a complaint as it is, unless it's a major cutie mark / eyes / sculpt issue, I really don't mind giving those misfits a home.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »
I once won a box of g1s on shop.goodwill.  They looked okay from the (admittedly tiny) pics but when the box came, they were in awful shape and there wasn't a pony in there I actually wanted.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »
Getting into ponies, at the time period where it's just the Mane 6.
Seriously, it's nice that you finally got around to making the characters on the show Hasbro, but how about a show accurate Luna, or more G4 versions of your classic babies.

I wish I'd gotten in sooner so I could have snatched up the earlier ponies while they were still in stores. I'm sure they're still cheapish online but I don't trust ordering online. Especially with paint jobs.

I've also been disappointed with glitter ponies just because they have a giant chunk unglittered, usually the eye, and the surrounding area for a mile. And gross shedding texture.

Oh, and there were a bunch of Easter sales when I didn't have any money. I kept seeing super cheap ponies on sale for Easter, then the next week they were jacked back up to normal prices.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 12:39:24 AM »
My biggest pony disappointment so far has been the Equestria Girls being partially bald. Just... disappointing. :(

Edit: Oh, and Fashion Style Pinklestia. I... just... why? :huh:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:53:08 AM by moonsugar »
:fox:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 12:41:29 AM »
G4 Sweetie Blue brushable on taobao never being released. Im never going to get over it and im never gonna drop it.

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
Buying g1 ponies, unpacking only to see them wrapped in newspaper ;_;

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal