collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Twisted Fairy Tale Swap - All Done! (til next time!)  (Read 17611 times)

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Twisted Fairy Tale Swap - Partners Assigned - Begin Twisting!
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »
-What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc?
Sleeping Beauty - Disney's version with Aurora falling in love with Phillip, woken by true loves kiss.

Alice in Wonderland - the madness of the characters Alice meets, making new friends, the adventure she had.

The Little Mermaid - Disney's version with Ariel fascinated by human objects, falling in love with Eric, trying to be human and doing it wrong.

Rapunzel - Disney's version with Rapunzel having magical hair, fascinated with the world outside her tower, her adventure with Flynn, wanting to sacrifice her freedom to save Flynns life.

The Ugly Duckling - the duckling trying to find where he belongs, trying to fit in, finding out he isn't a duck, but a beautiful swan.

-How do you feel about a bade for your custom?  Like, if it was not something the pony was glued down on and you could move it around on the base, would that be ok? Only if it will work with the idea, it's not necessary. It doesn't have to have one, but it's ok if it does.

-what are some extras that are good for you? With the custom it can be an extra character from the story. I also like stickers. Disney stickers of Lilo and Stitch, The Little Mermaid, Mickey and Friends, My Little Pony, Cats. 

Favorite colors regarding stuff - sea green, silver, blues, pinks, pastels
Favorite colors regarding ponies - white, blue, pink, purple, green
Favorite ponies you like the color schemes of - g1 bow tie, g1 sundance, g1 cherries jubilee, g1 bouncy, g1 posey, g1 love melody
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:46:51 PM by babyblueducky »

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2014, 08:18:34 PM »
What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc? 

I will have to go back and look at my list to make sure I have it all down, cause all I can remember off top of my head either,
Frozen I just LOVE the story I love the love the sisters share
Rapunzel again love the story and love the relationship between Rapunzel and pascali.

Beauty and the Beast - that beauty is on the inside.

the frog princess, again that the beauty is on the inside.

-How do you feel about a base for your custom?  completely fine

-what are some extras that are good for you?
DH and Thermal colour change Hair, Fabritac glue!!!!! Super fine glitter. Anything peacock, bison, camel, alpaca and llama.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
Just as a reminder - extras are NOT required in this swap. Everybody loves them, but we all prefer more time spent on customs than extras ;)

good questions - that's kinda what I meant by be detailed....I sent paragraphs to my partner ;)
keep in mind that your partner has to TWIST what you *like* about the story....

**and a few answers for my own partner.
doll eyes: sure if they fit and you're good at doing them
base: again sure. I don't need them, but I have an awesome one
extras: not required, but I won't turn down dollyhair or retrodolls nylon or saran fizz hair. or sour gummy worms ;)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2014, 12:11:58 AM »
-What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc? 

The Snow Queen: I love how female-centered the tale is and how it isn't about romantic love but rather of that of siblings, the fact that both Kai and Gerda survived unlike in many of Andersen's  other stories,  Gerda's self-reliance,  how Snow Queen isn't just a bad guy but a needed figure in the story's world

Little Red Riding Hood: I love Perrault's story of  Little Red Riding Hood with the dark ending where Little Red Hood ends up eaten and no help comes, but I especially adore  No Rest For The Wicked's version of this tale where Little Red is saved but comes out heavily scarred emotionally, sweet-talking Wolf with dark motives, gentle wolves who are the most dangerous of all

Little Mermaid: I prefer Andersen version over the Disney one, how there is no happy ending and great true love, how the journey from the sea to the land is a painful one and ends in tears instead of a big happy ending in true love's arms

Beauty and the Beast:  with this story I prefer Disney, seeing beauty in the ugliest of places and situations, the rose as a clock of how time goes by,  how sometimes beauty is hidden from plain sight

-How do you feel about a bade for your custom?  Like, if it was not something the pony was glued down on and you could move it around on the base, would that be ok?  I haven't decided if I am going to use this as part of my design or not, but it's a possibility. 

I don't mind a base, for some customs it's a must for the sake of stability :)

-what are some extras that are good for you?
I'm fine with just the custom but if you feel the need to give something extra customizing supplies are always a nice extra and so are stickers :D

Post Merge: June 01, 2014, 08:52:08 AM

Ohhhh, I looked through my doll and pony hair stash and boy did I find perfect hair material for my partner's pony! :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:52:08 AM by Uninu »

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »
dear partner I have updated my answers on page 7 .. I have two ideas picked out I just need to find a bait and then figure out which one I will actually do

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2014, 04:04:36 AM »
Dear partner what are some of your favorite colors or favorite ponies so I can get ideas of colors (I have having a hard time figuring colors out for this)

If you would do like:
Favorite colors regarding stuff
Favorite colors regarding ponies (My answers are very different, I love yellow and orange ponies but I don't like yellow or orange as colors themselves. Weird right?)
Favorite ponies you like the color schemes of

I put my answers on my page on page 7
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:10:00 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2014, 04:51:56 AM »
Favorite colors and ponies:
I like different colors of the sky, be it black, dark blue, grey, light blue, pink, yellow etc., they all are wonderful to me.  I especially like sunset/sunrise sky colors and sky night.
My favorite ponies include G1 Nightglider, G1 Baby Sapphire, G1 Baby Sunbright, G2 Princess Crystal, G3 Minty, G3 Crystal Lace, G3 Whistle Wishes, G3 Waterfire to mention a few.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2014, 01:14:18 PM »
Updated my post on page 7 with the questions :)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »
My fave colours are purples and blues, blues and silvers and Bright neon greens.
But I also love pastel colours, and rainbows.
Im not a fan of brown, but if its a brown thing like a horse, I like horses so brown is fine.
My fave ponies are Zecora, Nightglider, Ice Crystal, Coolbreeze.
But really, im super easy to please. im just a mad pony lover an love customs of all kinds!
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2014, 04:34:45 AM »
Got my design ironed out and my bait is on it's way.  I can't wait for it to get here so I can start working!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »
I answered questions in my wantlist, near the bottom :) 

Still working on design, I'll be going out of town next week, but I plan on having the design done before I go so I can get it started when I get back.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Favorite colors regarding stuff - purples, hot pink, black, blues
Favorite colors regarding ponies - I actually really like super bright ponies (despite my answers above...yellows, oranges, but also lots of purples and pinks haha.
Favorite ponies you like the color schemes of - I love G3 Round N Round.  I really don't know what it is about that pony, she's just awesome.  I also love Dancing Butterflies, Merriweather, Night Glider, Masquerade, G4 Feathermay

I think I finally have an idea that will work!  Just gotta get moving! :)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2014, 08:30:43 PM »
Ive my idea, but am waiting on some "things" to arrive before I get started, cant wait!!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2014, 11:50:19 AM »
updated my answers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal