collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Value of MOC G1s in the future?  (Read 226 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Value of MOC G1s in the future?
« on: May 02, 2014, 05:48:39 PM »
It's interesting to see the price tags on G1 MOCs say $5-8. They have gone up so much in value since the 80's! :shocked: Sometimes I wonder what they'll be worth in another 10 or 20 years. :wonder: Does anyone else do this? :lookround: Plus I wonder(and hope of course) how they will hold up. Will the backcard hold up since it's cardboard? I have 9 right now and hope to someday pass them on to my daughter(after I collect more of course!).
What do you guys think? Am I the only one who ponders this? :lookround:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Value of MOC G1s in the future?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
I think if things are stored right and maintained properly, they will hold up fine over the years. Perhaps the main issue a lot of them will experience is the yellowing of glue which holds bubbles on and which can cause the plastic bubble itself to yellow over time. However, considering the number of lovely condition MIB/MOCs which exist now in collections and spent most of their life not in collector hands they are probably more robust than we would think.

As for price; that largely depends on the size of the community. Whether they will hold their price will depend if there is a community who keep prices high. There are lots of old/antique/vintage items in lovely condition or original packaging which hold next to no value because there is no one actually interested in them. Personally I am sure the community will grow as time passes or at least stay around the same levels. So for that reason I think most MOC/MIBs will hold value or increase a little. I dont think they will go up dramatically. There is a limited number of these items in existence and most of them are probably in collector hands now and will just continue to cycle through them with time.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal