collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC please? Wondering weather to rehair, and how to fix Birthday Pony's ribbons  (Read 331 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hey fabulous pony people!

I'd like to get a price check on these ladies, as is.  I'd like the rehair them, but I'm not sure how HTF they are, or if there is demand for them as is.

I have;

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-G3 Jazz Matazz, with a vg-ex body, but fluffy hair.  Not dry, but super fluffly.  It's not falling out at all, but I can't seem to tame it.

-G1 Wave runner, with a perfect body and terribly frizzy colour changing streak

(she's kicking around somewhere, in the same condition as wave runner)
-G1 Shoreline, with a perfect body and terribly frizzy colour changing streak

-G1 Birthday Pony, with a perfect body, but missing tail ribbons

Also, I got a new Birthday pony.  Does anyone know if the ribbons can be reset?  Maybe with pencils and hot water?

Thanks!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
I don't know the G3, but... Wave Runner seems to be around $8-12 lately, Shoreline a bit less than that...

The Birthday pony varies a lot, sometimes she's $25, sometimes she's $10. Without her ribbons she's probably on the lower end of that. Ribbons can be reset just like you mentioned! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Jazz Matazz, the g3, is kindof HTF I think? But the Avon ponies had terrible quality hair :( Tried washing it in warm water and wrapping it around her neck/leg to get some sort of... shape on it?

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
You might just want to rehair Jazz Matazz if you can't tame her hair.  The Avon ponies have terrible hair.  Mine's pink fell out aaah -_- so she's balding.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
These Avon ponies - are they the ones who have the pink hair that tends to break at the head? Is that their issue? Or is it something else?

My Want List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Unfortunately as others have mentioned Jazz will no doubt develop hair rot issues at some point at least in the pink. She is not super common but neither is she pricey and she does not tend to run higher than an average G3 [$4-5] so I would not worry about her too much.

On the Sunshine ponies - that would need to be a personal judgement call. If they have perfect bodies and their only issue is a frizzy colour changing streak, I would not personally rehair them. A frizzy streak is pretty common due to the hair breaking down and, in my opinion, thats not enough to justify baiting an otherwise perfect pony. I agree with the $8 for Wave Runner and for Shoreline.

Birthday anywhere from $10-15 if she is in nice enough condition perhaps problems with the streamers and some crinkly tinsel. Missing her steamers perhaps half of that.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
These Avon ponies - are they the ones who have the pink hair that tends to break at the head? Is that their issue? Or is it something else?

That's exactly the issue they have.  I just recently got my ponies out of storage and was thinking about selling her.  I had thought her hair was fine until I read a thread about her rotting hair.  Pulled her out ran my fingers thru her hair and the pink came out in chunks. She's got her other colors.  So depending if I want to tackle the problem I might rehair her in similar but brighter colors.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Some conditioner and recurling may help Wave Runner look less frizzy.  I, personally, would try avoiding a rehair on anyone from that set (unless they have severe trims or the thermal hair no longer changes) since that was what their main gimmick was when they were new.  New curls won't always hide frizz, but sometimes it makes it seem less of a mess :)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Oops, I made a mistake.  I've got Seaflower, not shorline.  All of their hair is horribly frizzy, not just the colour stripes.  I've softened Seaflower's hair with conditioner, and fabric softener, but I know I can't flat iron it, so that's as much as I can do for now.  Maybe I'll add them to my sales, and if they sit there, and I get bored.... they'd just be so pretty with long multicoloured hair <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
You will find a new home for Seaflower quickly even with some hair issues. She is rather hard to find and the most popular from the set.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Agreed, seems like Seaflower is always the one people are missing! :heart:

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal