collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What in the heck happened to this poor pony? :O  (Read 1159 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: What in the heck happened to this poor pony? :O
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »
I have a Secret Wish exactly like that! Heck, I thought I still needed her for my collection because she looked so different, I thought she was a variant!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 09:00:57 PM »
Yes the G3s are rotting fast, and later people say something  plastic (like a supermarket bag) would take at least  1,000 years to dissolve, wit the ponies we know is not true   >_<

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 04:27:56 AM »
Yes the G3s are rotting fast, and later people say something  plastic (like a supermarket bag) would take at least  1,000 years to dissolve, wit the ponies we know is not true   >_<

I think its just the translucent g3's honestly.. all of my others seem to be holding up pretty well.
it was just the one translucent pony.
Tho i have really been stupidly lucky in the plastic falling apart department with my ponies: Knocks on wood::

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 04:51:48 AM »
If she's sticky, couldn't you apply your own glitter or sequins to sort of bring back that look?

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 05:26:42 AM »

I think its just the translucent g3's honestly.. all of my others seem to be holding up pretty well.
Tho i have really been stupidly lucky in the plastic falling apart department with my ponies: Knocks on wood::
As far as I know all the MLPs are subjected to plasticizer leak... with the exception of maybe G2s.. I haven't heard anyone say anything about them as of yet... then again I might just not be around when it's mentioned. The only way it's noticeable in a non-translucent G3 is the fact they will get sticky then rock hard.. some of the G3 ponies are experiencing Hair rot.. which I've only heard of a few cases so far... For me it's hard to tell if any of my G3s already went through plasticizer leak because some of them (stares at her Shellbelle) were already hard when I got them 2nd hand.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 07:18:56 AM »
I have seen this happen a few times. I do have one also that is half ways there. But that girls hair :( Poor pony :(

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »

As far as I know all the MLPs are subjected to plasticizer leak... with the exception of maybe G2s.. I haven't heard anyone say anything about them as of yet... then again I might just not be around when it's mentioned. The only way it's noticeable in a non-translucent G3 is the fact they will get sticky then rock hard.. some of the G3 ponies are experiencing Hair rot.. which I've only heard of a few cases so far... For me it's hard to tell if any of my G3s already went through plasticizer leak because some of them (stares at her Shellbelle) were already hard when I got them 2nd hand.

Agree, I got the hair rot on my Jazz Matazz and Tea Lily

Other G3 I own like my Candy Apple and Cinnamon Breeze  also got the leakage  :( , but they didn't changed colors as badly as the divine shine , I suppose the divine shine's plastic is even cheaper

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
So far the only two that I have that are really "rotting" are Jazz Matazz's hair and of course the sticky pony (still has her color and glitter).  The other g3 seem to be holding up well aside from discoloring, which happens in any generation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 11:41:04 AM »
I actually really like the look of the plasti-leak G3 ponies! It makes them look so neat :D

flyawayraven

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
I hate plasticizer leaks. >_< They're messy and incurable, and when the breakdown finally ends you're left with a poor pony that's so hard they can double as a hammer. :/

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »
That's weird..

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »
I found a gen 3 pony at the thrift store that had rotted hair, she has new blond hair now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal