collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 68800 times)

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Some of those DC pops were still selling very well before they were no longer available for retailers to order. I think Batgirl from series 1 was just retired and i know she was a hot seller.

As for trading on the funko forum- it is allowed. in the trading area of the boards. you have to be a member there for a certain amount of time and have a certain amount of posts to be able to post there. The thread that Aquaticneon is talking about is a non trading thread that was begun to help others find the ponies. there has been pony trading but on the trading section of the board.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Oh I wasn't aware of the trading part of the forum Kitza interesting, you're right though it was in a finding forum where we were talking about it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)

Whats funny is in the beginning Big Mac was the harder one to come by due to him going for over $200 on ebay its totally random unless you get a brand new full sealed box of 24 in one order, that's the only guarantee of 1 glitter of a pony. By the way the Funko Fanatic forum really isn't into trading, because when I brought that up a lot of them got mad, they prefer when you find extras glitters to just give them retail price to other members, which I think is silly, trading makes more sense, glitters are worth more than retail because of their rarity.

I also prefer the idea of trading them. That seems kind of silly. I guess it's nice they like to sell them at retail price, but I know me personally I hold onto them to trade later. I'm not interested in a  profit, but getting the ponies I like. :3

This. I find trading to be the fairest option. Sometimes one invests a lot in hunting these figures down. Selling them for retail price just doesn't cut it. I'm not saying over charge, but their prices should definitely be above retail.

As to FunkoFanatic, I've been aware of them for a while and have browsed a couple of times. But outside of that I have no real idea of the workings at that place. Just joined, so I guess I'll start finding out soon enough.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Exactly Alzatia, its a pretty good forum though, the members are cool, its just not as lively as this one. Anyways still wondering when we will see the SDCC ponies... ugh its taking forever anyone remember how many days before the event did we see the Funko pony SDCC exclusives last year?

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
That's why I don't like the idea of people ordering a ton online only to return them to a Hot Topic store- if that store sees a loss on that product, they are not likely to reorder...

I will admit it has surprised me that this has not become a factor for some retailers. Returns are always factored in to decisions on stock and whether or not its worth continuing to order. I wont be surprised if eventually we start seeing limitations on quantities of purchase. I would say I guess it depends on the scale which this happens on?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
That's why I don't like the idea of people ordering a ton online only to return them to a Hot Topic store- if that store sees a loss on that product, they are not likely to reorder...

I will admit it has surprised me that this has not become a factor for some retailers. Returns are always factored in to decisions on stock and whether or not its worth continuing to order. I wont be surprised if eventually we start seeing limitations on quantities of purchase. I would say I guess it depends on the scale which this happens on?
Someone here posted they do have limits on how many they can take back if you ordered them online, they will make you return them directly to them and not the store, also  if you pay with paypal ,they won't take them back at the store, they have to be returned to them , i believe their limit to take back is less than 10 , but  the only time I returned some ,were for the quality issues on the Pinkie and Lyra, I did not want to get in trouble with people buying them from me and then complaining about the quality issues :(, so I sent them back directly and i remember they wanted me to pay for the return shipping and I escalated to a manager who listened to the quality issue and authorized a free shipping label to be issued for my case of 12 funkos .
but other than that wave , I have not made a return again:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
There is no limit on returns but I try not to push it.  I had a really amazing experience doing returns to the point where they offered to order me a case just so I could look through them(I didn't take them up on it).

Alzatia

Exactly Alzatia, its a pretty good forum though, the members are cool, its just not as lively as this one. Anyways still wondering when we will see the SDCC ponies... ugh its taking forever anyone remember how many days before the event did we see the Funko pony SDCC exclusives last year?

If I recall :muffin: Pony and Dash where revealed almost a month before the event. And even went on pre-order at Amazon.

Sprinklecupcake

Here is a family group photo update:

I can honestly say I think im becoming an avid glitter hunter....I must admit I may have fallen in love with these more than the hasbro brushables! <3 I blame Neon for posting so many cool pictures and getting us all excited about new releases! xD Thats a good thing though! Its so much fun looking for these!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Here is a family group photo update:

I can honestly say I think im becoming an avid glitter hunter....I must admit I may have fallen in love with these more than the hasbro brushables! <3 I blame Neon for posting so many cool pictures and getting us all excited about new releases! xD Thats a good thing though! Its so much fun looking for these!

Muahahhhaha I LOVE it! I think Funko should be paying me for all the advertising I do for them lol jk ;) I love your picture! Glitters are so awesome I love them you have become quite a good hunter, glad I had an influence on you lol. Totally agree I'm almost done with hasbro, I love Funko ponies more than anything hasbro now. We need more stores that carry their own excluives so we get more ponies faster! Come on TRU, Gemini, Think Geek, Walmart, Target, Etc. You guys need your own exclusive pairs! :P

Did you say cool pictures :P

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:34:51 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Sprinklecupcake

Haha yes yes you have been quite the influence! xD My husband thought at first you worked for Funko! LOL He stalks MlpArena time to time. Thank you for the complements on my collection! I will continue to make it grow!!! We are taking a trip tomorrow to go glitter hunting again. I have all the regular versions too, as well as a complete collection of the Pops, Cupcakes, Mini Blindboxes(missing show accurates), and the two pencil tins. I agree, there needs to be MORE exclusives!!! I have the ThinkGeek glow-in-the- dark Dr Whooves which I love! I also have the Amazon mini metallic Pops, Towiz metallic Pops, and the Gemini Pops. <3 OMG I would LOVE a Blossomforth!!!! Shining Armor? Cadance!? Flash Sentry!? ZECORA!?  There are sooooo many characters they could make!!! Lets pressure Funko into making MORE! I will buy them ALL!!!
 :silly:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:39:56 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Haha yes yes you have been quite the influence! xD My husband thought at first you worked for Funko! LOL He stalks MlpArena time to time. Thank you for the complements on my collection! I will continue to make it grow!!! We are taking a trip tomorrow to go glitter hunting again. I have all the regular versions too, as well as a complete collection of the Pops, Cupcakes, Mini Blindboxes, and the two pencil tins. I agree, there needs to be MORE exclusives!!! I have the ThinkGeek glow-in-the- dark Dr Whooves which I love! I also have the Amazon mini metalloc Pops, Towiz metallic Pops, and the Gemini Pops. <3 OMG I would LOVE a Blossomforth!!!! Shining Armor? Cadance!? Flash Sentry!? ZECORA!?  There are sooooo many characters they could make!!! Lets pressure Funko into making MORE! I will buy them ALL!!!
 :silly:
  I just won an auction for a Glitter BM , doodling around last night ,i placed a bid on one for 50 with max of 54 and now  I just won it for 52 :)
I can't wait to receive it :)
I'm stuck at home with lots of pain killers for my back pain and can not hunt them down at all :( ,i think my meds  are helping ebay making me bid on things LOL :)

I can't wait for the next pop funko   we  need  AJ and Rarity ,BM and the CMC :)
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Haha yes yes you have been quite the influence! xD My husband thought at first you worked for Funko! LOL He stalks MlpArena time to time. Thank you for the complements on my collection! I will continue to make it grow!!! We are taking a trip tomorrow to go glitter hunting again.  I agree, there needs to be MORE exclusives!!! I have the ThinkGeek glow-in-the- dark Dr Whooves which I love! <3 OMG I would LOVE a Blossomforth!!!! Shining Armor? Cadance!? Flash Sentry!? ZECORA!?  There are sooooo many characters they could make!!! Lets pressure Funko into making MORE! I will buy them ALL!!!  :silly:

Hahha thats so hilarious I wish I did! I added pictures to my previous post btw ;) You are just missing a couple great work so far you have the hardest two which is what counts Bon Bon and Spitfire, amazing finds was so jealous of that store! Hmmm lets seee.....

Hot Topic Exclusives
Shining Armor and Cadence
Luna and Celestia
King Sombra and Queen Crysalis
Discord and Tirek
Braeburn and Appleboom
Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo

Toysrus Exclusives
Berry Punch and Zecora

Thinkgeek Exclusives
Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer

Walmart Exclusives
Flitter and Cloudchaser

Target Exclusives
Cheerilee and Thunderlane

Barnes n Noble Exclusives
Soarin and Carrot Top

Amazon Exclusives
Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara

And they are all released the same year..... I can dream right....

For Sale Wants

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Haha yes yes you have been quite the influence! xD My husband thought at first you worked for Funko! LOL He stalks MlpArena time to time. Thank you for the complements on my collection! I will continue to make it grow!!! We are taking a trip tomorrow to go glitter hunting again.  I agree, there needs to be MORE exclusives!!! I have the ThinkGeek glow-in-the- dark Dr Whooves which I love! <3 OMG I would LOVE a Blossomforth!!!! Shining Armor? Cadance!? Flash Sentry!? ZECORA!?  There are sooooo many characters they could make!!! Lets pressure Funko into making MORE! I will buy them ALL!!!  :silly:

Hahha thats so hilarious I wish I did! I added pictures to my previous post btw ;) You are just missing a couple great work so far you have the hardest two which is what counts Bon Bon and Spitfire, amazing finds was so jealous of that store! Hmmm lets seee.....

Hot Topic Exclusives
Shining Armor and Cadence
Luna and Celestia
King Sombra and Queen Crysalis
Discord and Tirek
Braeburn and Appleboom
Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo

Toysrus Exclusives
Berry Punch and Zecora

Thinkgeek Exclusives
Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer

Walmart Exclusives
Flitter and Cloudchaser

Target Exclusives
Cheerilee and Thunderlane

Barnes n Noble Exclusives
Soarin and Carrot Top

Amazon Exclusives
Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara

And they are all released the same year..... I can dream right....
  OMG  let your dream come true :)

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile

If I recall :muffin: Pony and Dash where revealed almost a month before the event. And even went on pre-order at Amazon.

Last year official reveals didn't happen till early July (for ponies it was July 12th), but some pics of the figures surfaced before then (Muffin Pony pic on May 16th and RD June 11th). Though for example in Muffin Pony's case the pic was of some kind of non-final production piece, because it had translucent mane and tail, which was not true for the final released figure (I'm still disappointed about that). And yes, both Muffin Pony and RD went on sale at Amazon about month before SDCC, but it was Amazon's mistake and they were pulled out fast and many of those orders were cancelled too (I was lucky and got mine). These early mistake listings were without any pictures.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal