collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 67701 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Rarity/Discord/Daring Do Now Shipping)
« Reply #1170 on: August 27, 2014, 04:03:17 PM »
Yea exactly, they shouldn't allow that many returned to a store they should have to go back to online, or not allow returns on a certain amount of items maybe?

Anyways I found the post people are talking about from a Funko Mod I believe...

"The ultimate goal for Hot Topic is for them not to sell the Glitter ponies on their website at all anymore. They are hoping that would stop people from ordering them by bulk. I wish they charged a restocking fee when they were returned. That would help solve the problem. "

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #1171 on: August 27, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »
Well I think the reason I got so many on the Twilight/Trixie wave was because I had less orders and larger orders, meaning their were sealed factory cases of 12 and 12 in a 24 box inside thats where most the glitter came from.

I heard they were purposely not sending out as many glitters in preorders anymore because they were trying to discourage larger orders, which is not fair in my opinion.

I understand a lot of it is luck, but what bothers me is I think they are purposely tampering with the big orders, for the record I don't return my ponies.
I do not return them either , the only time I returned some were with Pinkie Pie and Lyra .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 27, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »
also, it's easier for any warehouse picker regardless of who the order ships to that when someone orders a case to just grab a case rather than take individuals and put them into a case. I used to work at a warehouse and this was always preferable.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1173 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »
also, it's easier for any warehouse picker regardless of who the order ships to that when someone orders a case to just grab a case rather than take individuals and put them into a case. I used to work at a warehouse and this was always preferable.

Yea I hear you, it just is mind boggling to think that so many people who order one get a chase glitter their odds are much less than someone who orders 24 right? Thats 24 chances for 4% atleast rather than one chance? Not sure if that makes sense, okay I'll make myself crazy thinking about what happens int he warehouse I give up lol.

For Sale Wants

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 27, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »
How it probably works is this. First they recieved the order of the person who only ordered one. This person was lucky and got the one glitter one in that case. Now let's say the next order that comes in is for 24. They get the rest of the first case, minus the glitter one because that one has already been claimed. That's 23 so that leaves 1 more. There is a 1/24 chance that one will be glitter.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:19:25 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 27, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
How it probably works is this. First they fill the order of the person who only ordered one. This person was lucky and got the one glitter one in that case. Now let's say the next order that comes in is for 27. They get the rest of the first case, minus the glitter one because that one has already been claimed. That's 23 so that leaves 4 more. There is the same amount of chances that one of those will be glitter as there is if you only purchased 4.

That makes the most sense :)
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 27, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »
How it probably works is this. First they fill the order of the person who only ordered one. This person was lucky and got the one glitter one in that case. Now let's say the next order that comes in is for 27. They get the rest of the first case, minus the glitter one because that one has already been claimed. That's 23 so that leaves 4 more. There is the same amount of chances that one of those will be glitter as there is if you only purchased 4.

Yeah unfortunately not everyone is ordering whole cases. And throw into that I don't think there are separate cases for each pony so if you are trying for a glitter Rarity and the only glitters they get in the cases they open are Discord and Daring Do they will just fill it with regular Rarity.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1177 on: August 27, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »

Yea probably but that has to be rotten luck to happen several times in a row for me, I think there is a little more involved then that , I do think they like shipping extra glitters to stores on purpose. Because how is it with two of the ponies I miss out on that single glitter with both of them, extremely unlikely also the same thing happened last wave. It's possible for sure, but highly unlikely. I think it has to do with multiple split orders and getting some ponies per case, rather than ordering all in one order, I think your chances are much greater if you buy all in one order.

For Sale Wants

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #1178 on: August 27, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Do you think they ship sealed cases to Hot Topic for stock purposes, though?

If that's the case, then it's probable that there is not one glitter in every case. My Hot Topic only got the one glitter this time around, not one for each character. This seems to be par for the course.

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:39 PM »

If that's the case, then it's probable that there is not one glitter in every case. My Hot Topic only got the one glitter this time around, not one for each character. This seems to be par for the course.

Yup, definitely- they've gotten whole cases with no glitters in it. Confirmed.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1180 on: August 27, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »

Since the odds of glitters are 1:24 and there is 12 ponies per case yep its common! Ive seen HT and TRU pull out full cases from the back and open them in front of me with zero glitters. Now I wonder if there are cases with more than one glitter inside!

Edit: As far as the characters go inside the boxes and how HT orders them, my local store always buys 3 cases and the characters of the wave (usually) share a box so there was once 6 pinkies and 6 lyras in a case onetime and at TRU I got to open a case of 6 spitfire/6 bonbon. However I have also seen boxes of just trixie and boxes of just twilight because of box size, since trixies box is bigger. I am not sure how this new wave is divided but its probably 6 rarity/ 6 daring do together sharing a box and discord is probably all by himself with his own 12 since his box size is irregular compared to other releases.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:25:16 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 27, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »

Since the odds of glitters are 1:24 and there is 12 ponies per case yep its common! Ive seen HT and TRU pull out full cases from the back and open them in front of me with zero glitters. Now I wonder if there are cases with more than one glitter inside!
it sure would explain the one time I went to a Hot Topic long time ago, they had three Glitter Dr. Whooves and one glitter Fluttershy.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #1182 on: August 27, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »
I got the second half of my Hot Topic order today, AJ & Big Macintosh/Discord and Rarity. I was absolutely overjoyed to get a Big Macintosh glitter! But... I'm really not too fussed on the plain Rarity. Oh, man, the quality control on these things is nuts. Discord actually had a splash of yellow paint on the inside of his box, and Rarity looks just awful with scratches and seams and what-have-you. She doesn't even look all that great from a distance, since her white coat is a lot darker/dirtier-looking than the other brushables of her character. I've offered her up for free grabs on my local brony group, that's how unimpressed I am.

(Glitter Big Macintosh, though! My first one! :biggrin: )
:fox:

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 27, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
Wow Moonsugar, I'm sorry to hear that! I got my Rarity today and I think she looks fantastic, but I could have just gotten a nice clean one?

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1184 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about your Rarity Moon! I though when I got my order this wave looked pretty good! I havnt had any problems with this wave except a little glue on Raritys swirly tail.

Congrats on your Big Mac glitter!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal