collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 67689 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Rarity/Discord/Daring Do Now Shipping)
« Reply #1155 on: August 27, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »
Okay cool, seems to happen more times then not, I can order 27 Daring and not get a single glitter while someone who orders 1 gets one, it's bs.
I wouldn't quite say it's BS. After all, isn't the glitter rate a 1/24? It doesn't mean that you are guaranteed a glitter if you order more than 24 of a character - you just have a slim chance of getting a glitter of said character. And to be honest, I don't think it's all that unfair if someone who ends up with a glitter only ordered a couple of Funkos (if not only one of them). Everyone should be able to get a chance of getting a glitter after all, no matter how many or little they ordered. That's just how luck is, unfortunately. I do understand why you are so frustrated about it though Neon, don't get me wrong. 

It could be worse - HT could have actually put a "limit 2 _____ per person" on the Funko MLPs.  :(

(although I do admit that it would be messed up if HT somehow specifically set it to where people who order more than X amount don't get glitters, or they give glitter priority to people who only order a few of them).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Who knows, I heard a rumor that they're starting to intentionally not pack too many glitters in larger orders to discourage people from buying and returning masses of ponies, but it is just a rumor.

EDIT: Just got my Rarities! No glitters for me, but yeah I only ordered two LOL. It's okay, I'll get my paws on her shortly. In the meantime, if anyone needs a Rarity, I'm your girl! :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:49:14 PM by MidnightMocha »
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #1157 on: August 27, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »
Okay cool, seems to happen more times then not, I can order 27 Daring and not get a single glitter while someone who orders 1 gets one, it's bs.

How is it bs, exactly? It's just the luck of the draw. Ordering X number of ponies doesn't guarantee you a glitter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 27, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »

How is it bs, exactly? It's just the luck of the draw. Ordering X number of ponies doesn't guarantee you a glitter.

Exactly! That's not how to interpret probabilities :P

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 27, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
I think it is BS. If you purchase 24 and there's a 1/24 chance then by the laws of probability you should receive at least 1 glitter.
in one unopened case of regular size Funkos, 1 will be glitter and 23 will be standard. if you order 24 you should receive 1 full complete unopened case and be guaranteed 1 glitter. if they pick the order from various boxes and you don't get one complete box, then your chances are no longer 1/24 they become 1/48 or how many other boxes they picked from to fill your order.
basic math.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1160 on: August 27, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
Who knows, I heard a rumor that they're starting to intentionally not pack too many glitters in larger orders to discourage people from buying and returning masses of ponies, but it is just a rumor.

EDIT: Just got my Rarities! No glitters for me, but yeah I only ordered two LOL. It's okay, I'll get my paws on her shortly. In the meantime, if anyone needs a Rarity, I'm your girl! :)

Exactly I believe this is the truth the Trixie/Twilight wave I got 5 glitters from preorders the Aj/Big Mac and the Discord/Rarity/Daring wave I only got 1 total, while ordering enough to get one of each. I think they are trying to discourage people from large orders, the one glitter I got was in a sealed non tampered with factory case, while my other orders where all "repackaged" with no glitters at all in those, I think there is some picking and choosing that goes on in the packing...

It's not exactly luck of the draw, when I ordered 24 Bon Bon from a website I got 23 regulars and 1 glitter in a sealed case.

I think it is BS. If you purchase 24 and there's a 1/24 chance then by the laws of probability you should receive at least 1 glitter.
in one unopened case of regular size Funkos, 1 will be glitter and 23 will be standard. if you order 24 you should receive 1 full complete unopened case and be guaranteed 1 glitter. if they pick the order from various boxes and you don't get one complete box, then your chances are no longer 1/24 they become 1/48 or how many other boxes they picked from to fill your order.
basic math.

I totally agree if you order 24 of a character that should guarantee a glitter everytime.

For Sale Wants

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 27, 2014, 03:19:14 PM »

Not really. Ordering a large number doesn't guarantee they'll all come from the same box(es) of 24 (or however many are in a box). And it wouldn't surprise me if they are doing what MM said, and that it's likely only a matter of time before they limit the number people can order.

Does anyone have close-up pics of Daring Do? I'm debating getting my friend to bring one over for me when she visits next year. Just a tad concerned that with all those details on her it'll be hard to get one with a half-decent paint job...  -_-
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 27, 2014, 03:21:51 PM »

Yes but...how many glitters did you get in your Twilight and Trixie order? Its a little turn and turn about that's all. You have clearly lucked out on previous orders so perhaps the odds were that you were going to miss out on a future one. Its not great if you are buying that many and dont get what you want but at no time is it guaranteed that buying more entitles you to get something someone who only buys 1 gets - thats the nature of a chase figure. If you think its worth the gamble then go for it, but its unfair to moan about someone who perhaps does not have the $$$ to buy 27 ponies but enough $$$ to buy one. Limited availability and the randomness of a chase means every one should be equally entitled to get that glitter.

basic math.

Thats actually not how it works. 1/24 simply means that for every 24 ponies produced 1 of them is a glitter it does not mean that if you buy 24 you are guaranteed a glitter. You could buy 24 and get 2 glitters, you could buy 24 and get 0 glitters - those are still 1 in 24 odds when you consider probability and those are the risks you have to take. Sucks...but true. Odds are the chance of something happening; they are not a guarantee of something happening. And I would not be surprised if there was perhaps a comment about discouraging large orders which are then returned in bulk either - thats a pain for any retailer.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 27, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
basic math.
I would believe/assume it's the latter when it comes to Hot Topic orders - they pick from various boxes and not just one box at a time. Also have to take into account how many people are working to fufill orders that require/demand various amount of that particular pony, how many cases of said pony are opened up, ect.
Unless I am wrong on this, I don't believe Hot Topic straight up send out full unopened Funko cases to people who ordered 24+ of one particular character. They likely send them out in "pieces"/X amount of pony per box right? If so, you can't 100% expect to get a glitter just because you ordered 24+ of that character.

To me, them saying 1/24 is just them saying in every normal case, 1 of the 24 will be a glitter. It doesn't mean them saying " hey if you order 24 of ____ from us, one will be a glitter!".

Now, if you had ordered that many from Funko themselves directly (or another site like Entertain Earth, Big Bag Toy Store, ect. that will actually send out a full brand new case), they send you a full unopened case, and there wasn't a glitter inside, then that would be messed up.

I hope I'm making (at least some) sense with what I am saying - I know my wording can be off when I am trying to explain something. D:

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 27, 2014, 03:31:26 PM »
Thats actually not how it works. 1/24 simply means that for every 24 ponies produced 1 of them is a glitter it does not mean that if you buy 24 you are guaranteed a glitter. You could buy 24 and get 2 glitters, you could buy 24 and get 0 glitters - those are still 1 in 24 odds when you consider probability and those are the risks you have to take. Sucks...but true. Odds are the chance of something happening; they are not a guarantee of something happening. And I would not be surprised if there was perhaps a comment about discouraging large orders which are then returned in bulk either - thats a pain for any retailer.

Yup. The 1/24 (roughly 4%) is calculated by the producers based on how many glitters they produce. Thus, if they make 10000 of a given pony, then 400 are going to be glitters. As to the distribution of those glitters in individual preorders? That is in no way guaranteed based on those odds.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 27, 2014, 03:32:04 PM »
I do think it's probably just luck.  Or the arbitrary nature of whoever is packing the boxes.

Although it would make sense for Hot Topic to stop putting glitters in large orders due to the number of returns of the regular ponies, I think that would probably just be too hard for them to do.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1166 on: August 27, 2014, 03:34:57 PM »
Well I think the reason I got so many on the Twilight/Trixie wave was because I had less orders and larger orders, meaning their were sealed factory cases of 12 and 12 in a 24 box inside thats where most the glitter came from.

I heard they were purposely not sending out as many glitters in preorders anymore because they were trying to discourage larger orders, which is not fair in my opinion.

I understand a lot of it is luck, but what bothers me is I think they are purposely tampering with the big orders, for the record I don't return my ponies.

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 27, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
Maybe there is a guide on not including glitters, maybe there isnt...either way they are not tampering with big orders. There is absolutely no guarantee on what you get in an order and the retailer is well within its rights to pick and choose how it fulfils an order which has no commitment anyway. The warehouse picker's can put whatever they choose in the truck for an order. Its not that dissimilar to ordering 24 individual blind bags on a retailers website - no guarantee of you getting them all, it could just be 24 random bags selected unfortunately.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 27, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »
If I worked at a Hot Topic, and someone came in with 20-30+ pre-ordered Funko MLPs with the intention of returning them all right then and there, I admit that I would be very upset. Very polite, professional and respectable of course, but upset. ^^; Especially if it ends up taking a long time (and causes a long customer line/back-up in the store) and it somehow messes up with the money in the store/register.

I heard they were purposely not sending out as many glitters in preorders anymore because they were trying to discourage larger orders, which is not fair in my opinion.

I understand a lot of it is luck, but what bothers me is I think they are purposely tampering with the big orders, for the record I don't return my ponies.
If it's true, the tampering probably wouldn't have happened if people who ordered a bunch of them didn't just return all of their pre-order extras to their HT store. The way I see it, the ones that do that basically are going to mess things up in the future for people who do want to order more than a couple of them, glitters or not. 
It is good that you don't return the ponies you order - I wish more people who do the huge pre-order orders were like that (or at least don't return all of them at one go).

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 27, 2014, 04:02:40 PM »
as an example I know more about the Minis. With every factory sealed box of Funko Minis with HT exclusives, the 1/24 chance ponies in wave 1 - buy a whole case you get all the show accurate color ponies, 1 of each of the regular ponies and I think it was 9 duplicates.
with the series 2, you get exactly what it says on the box, 1 of almost everyone, 2 of I think Trixie, Twilight and Discord (Black) to make up to 17, then 1 out of every single box is a 1/72 chase figure.

I know that directly from experience. Since this is how Funko appears to work their MLP line, I can't imagine that it's so different from their large ones as well. one factory sealed unopened box is going to have 23 regular ponies, and 1 Glitter. if the orders are from more than 1 box then your order becomes 1/48 or 1/72 or however you'd like to work that math.

when it comes to Disney Mystery Minis (which I also bought several boxes of) all bets seem to be off as I have 3 1/24 HT exclusive Ariel figures and I bought one complete case and two mixed incomplete boxes. they also have at least 2 1/144 and a few 1/72 and other 1/24 and 1/12 in a 12 ct box.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal