collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blythe photos + discussion thread :3  (Read 18134 times)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
Re: Blythe photos + discussion thread :3
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2015, 08:13:15 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My girls.  ^.^ Also have a LPS Blythe we rescued from a thrift store and for my birthday I was surprised with a petite. I have nowhere to display them right now unfortunately.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
With Hannah's help was able to get some pics of my girls yesterday,
My first love Ambrosia, still makes my heart smile when I look at her:

Then there's my other love, who I almost bought originally instead of Ambrosia, Mandy. I'd even messaged Vertefae asking her advice. xD

Then for my birthday I got the Petite Blythe I'd fallen in love with back when I was waiting for Ambrosia's arrival, my mom didn't even remember that I'd wanted her and saw her online and thought I'd love her.

I also have a LPS Blythe and a Tangkou girl as parts of the family, and a few other dolls I've been eying waiting for the time and price to be right to add them to my collection.

And Just for Fun
Dolly Color Wheel

Clockwise from bottom middle:
Yellow Marshmallow
Lavender Hugs
Mandy Cotton Candy
Ambrosia
Belladonna

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:03:24 AM by TwistedRiver »

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
Abut a month ago, I traded my last blythe and all my blythe clothes for a pukifee. I was tired of the blythe drama and well to be honest all the new releases have been so disappointing for me. The plastic has gotten so thin, the hair was so knotted. And let's not mention the embarrassment that has been panties lately. Needless to say I figured I was done with blythes until a kenner fell into my lap. I left all but one or two of the blythe facebook groups.

As I think most of you gals know I has knee surgery Monday. I had been looking about for a blythe body to use as a sewing model when a sweet girl caught my eye. One of those dolls that sink into your heart. The seller said she was open to trades. But I didn't really have anything price wise that matched the beautiful blythe. I messaged her anyways and amazingly enough she was very interested in a recast bjd I had been gifted.

Thanks to the super fast post office (when does that ever happen?!) I received a box today. Please meet Herbie. She's a SBL custom by Moofers  (Chantilly Lace). She's not my first high end custom but she's by far my most favorite custom I've ever brought home. I was looking for a doll to inspire me, she fits the bill.

My second blythe was one of those unique dolls that I could sit and sew and design for days for. I haven't felt this type of connection since then. Not for a blythe anyways.

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »
wow!

Gorgeous pics everyone! i can't wait to buy a blythe doll so i can try a custom!
so you guys do you have any suggestions?
any ebay links etc?

thanks in advance  :lovey: :tackleglomp:
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2015, 03:53:27 AM »
For your first blythe I would buy from either the Junie Moon Shop or CCT. Then you're guaranteed to get a legit doll. Most dolls on ebay are fakes.

http://cc-toys.com.hk/index.php

http://www.juniemoonshop.com/

There's nothing terribly wrong with the fakes but for your first blythe, they should be a doll that's special.

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »
Congrats on getting your new girl Vertefae <3. She is very sweet. I hope you post more pics of her ^-^. I am so glad you found a girl that inspires you. I don't have any high end customs (except my own that are high end in my mind, lol :P), but I would like some. What I want the most is a Vainilladolly custom, a Gbaby custom and a Mariukadolls custom. I'm guessing commissions are expensive to get from all of them ;). I contacted Olga regarding a commission for a Vainilladolly, I'm hoping it will be possible, dreading to find about the price. I just really crave some girls by other customisers now. I don't feel the same need to keep all the ones I make anymore, which is good of course ;).

I'm hoping to upscale my customising as I don't want to carry on as a nurse anymore. The nursing is just no good when I'm on my own with two kids. Well I won't be forever but still, why not have a go at doing what I love along with a more family friendly job on the side ;).

@Miss Violet
I agree on the above shops if you want a real Blythe. I prefer real Blythes myself though, I have some lovely fake custom girls. But if you actually want a fake to practise customising on, a quick search for factory Blythe on ebay will give you endless heaps of fakies to choose from ;). They are cheaper to buy from Aliexpress though.

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »
I'd say your girls are very much well on their way!

I love vanilladollies, she has such sweet girls. I've had two Melly Kay dolls. I adored both of them. But they cost so much I was to scared to do anything with them.

I'm going to try to sew some today. I'm sore from yesterday so we will see :)

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2015, 11:27:34 AM »
Thank you <3. I will do my best ^-^. I hope to provide people with something special, since I live in Norway it will have to be ;). I will also work on my dressmaking. I want to sell every girl with her own dress. I'm also thinking I want to figure out how to make bloomers. My middie Pixie Peaceful came with bloomers and I love that ;).

I think the vainilladolly girls have something special, I love everything about them, and those swirls on the eyelids are so cute. *swoon*. I hope she will get back to me, as I think getting one second hand might not be so easy either. I'm sure she has a commission list so I will have time to save up for it.

Oh yes I have seen Melly Kays work, they look completely blemish free and divine. I don't think I would let the price stop me too much from playing with any doll. I have a some pricy BJD's and I still play with them, I'm careful with all my dolls though. I'm more worried about breaking Pullip limbs than any of my BJD's actually :P, they are so flimsy.

Look forward to see what you sew ^-^.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2015, 04:20:53 PM »
I adore her to the moon and back. I hobbled out to the back porch and snapped a few pictures. She's wearing a dress I put together so she had something to wear. I wish I could just sit and sew and photograph her all day!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:48:57 PM by Vertefae »

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:25 AM »
:heart: :heart: :heart:

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2015, 06:05:14 AM »
She looks like she is happy vertefae ^-^.

I had these to arrive today :D. I have wanted a Cadence since she was released so I'm happy to finally have her, she is just as lovely as I thought she would be. I thought she would be paler, but she is wonderful as is ;). I hope to have her sent away to get customised. If I don't get a Regina Erwen then I'm hoping to send Cadence to vainilladolly. If I get a reply *sigh*. Obsessed am I :P. Anyway, Country Summer is also very pretty, but my plan for her has from the start been to customise and sell her. Got to keep telling myself just that ;).
New arrivals :D by Mona, on Flickr

Still waiting for Les Jeunette, soon I guess since release is today. Bah, I don't get e-mails from Junie Moon about shipping so I don't know if she has been sent though. Next time I'm using my iphone e-mail.. I also bought another Cinnamon girl and middie Nana's little lass to help out a friend. So now I will have two Cinnamon Girls to reroot and customise (their stock hair is not nice). Better get on with the work. I'm going to a alpaca farm locally next week to buy some black and some white alpaca fiber if it's long enough. I'm thinking of trying to dye the white alpaca. I want the girl I'm keeping to have teal hair if possible.

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »
Anybody have mini LPS Blythe dolls for sale?

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2015, 05:06:49 AM »
My latest arrival came last week but I haven't been feeling so well so I didn't get a proper photo until today. I'm still feeling rough after my tonsillectomi, but my dolls cheer me up :).
Les Jeunette by Mona, on Flickr

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2015, 04:07:52 AM »
Love her Bee! I diet of wish I hadn't of missed her.

Has everyone seen the new July girl? I love tanned girls,  her dress is to die for too

July release by Verte Fae, on Flickr

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2015, 06:13:28 AM »
Thank you :). I'm glad I was lucky enough to get her because for some reason she is not in stock anywhere. I thought Les Jeunette was a regular release so I'm confused.

I'm thinking I need the new girl ;). She looks lovely. I'm happy they are making more tan girls.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal