collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NHL Play-offs!  (Read 725 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: NHL Play-offs!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 11:46:19 AM »
Buffalo Sabres :blush:

Thanks for Ryan Miller and Steve Ott!!!  LoL  Seriously though, I have always loved Ott, and I was SO happy to get him - and even though I didn't know much about Miller, he's a pretty awesome goalie :)

My father works for the Chicago Sun-Times, so newspaper! :) He covers the Bears (that's his main thing) and then does some hockey and basketball during the off season. Whenever he covers the Hawks he brings me back souvenirs from the games if there are any of those free hand out things. I have a Flyers towel from when the Hawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010, he got me a Hossa boblehead, a Hawks towel and some other fun things from the games.

Ahh!  I'm SO jealous!  Asides from teaching, I had always wanted to go into journalism but was scared on how the job outlook would be (go figure that teaching outlook in Illinois equally sucks) - and what an awesome job to cover sports! 

Sunshine...Them be fightin' words!  :throw:  It makes me sad to see that fact, because it wasn't TOO long ago that the Blues had the longest play-off appearance streak out of any professional sports team--back in the 03-04 season (25 seasons straight, I think...1979-2004)....Not that we won a Cup during any of those 25 seasons, sigh.  :tumble:  Then the lockout occurred and screwed up eeeeeeverything.  :yikes:  @#$%^&!  Heartbreaking!  I think Boston and Chicago still have the all-time playoff streak appearances though (29-Bruins and 28-Chicago).  Dang it.   :rant:

It's a really neat job, but you have to be ok with being away from family a lot. My dad travels so much that I don't get to see him that much during the Bears season and Hawks playoffs. He does a lot more work from home now, but he's constantly working 24/7 that he pretty much lives in his office. He loves it though. He's been doing it for at least 20 years I think. Working for the newspaper is really tough. The Sun-Times pretty much got rid of all of their photographers so my dad had to take pictures and videos with his phone. When the Hawks won the Stanley Cup last year, my dad showed me videos he took of the players on the ice. It was really cool!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 01:34:03 PM »
The lockout screwed a ton of things in hockey... I have a NHL game for my GameCube that's I think 05? And it still had the players from the team lineups from 04, which were amazing teams, so I LOVE that game... but yeah, I do have to agree that the lockout was... a killer in many senses, for many teams :(
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »
Blues won Game 2 in overtime (only one overtime this go round lol)!  I have always been a "it's-not-over-till-it's-over" person, so I'm so happy that phrase finally rang true as we scored with 6.4 seconds left in the third to send it into OT :D 

I am, however, extremely concerned about Backes' condition.  As of a little while ago, no one was commenting on his current state so I wonder how he's doing.  Seabrook really rocked his head into the boards, and Backes isn't one to exaggerate if he's hurt...then when he was struggling to go back to Seabrook and the ref, he kept falling over.  It was rather hard to watch.  I hope he doesn't have a concussion. :(  Like, I don't think Seabrook intended to have that sort of hit on him, as Backes' head was a bit low as he was changing directions...but it happened that way regardless.  Seabrook will probably will be looking at a suspension which will be unfortunate for the Hawks as he is one of their top defenders (at least, so I've seen).  The Hawks do have a bunch of great defensemen though that I know will step up (that is, assuming Seabrook actually DOES get suspended).  It was just a questionable hit, but I believe the resulting power play did light more of a fire under us - even if we did "wait" until 6.4 seconds left to capitalize aaahhh!!

Bring on Monday's game!!

How's everyone else's teams faring this weekend?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
Mom is a bruins fan, and dad like the black hawks and Canadians.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 08:45:54 PM »
From the short video clip I watched of Biscuit (Seabrook) cleaning Backe's clock. It looked semi-clean hit wise. But it did seriously mess him up. He'll be feeling that one for days.

My Ducks are owning Stars backside. :)
Hawks better do something and learn how to freaking play guys.
Pens lost tonight (sad face) but it's only tied one a piece for them and Columbus.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
You may have won THIS one, Blackhawks...but one battle does not win a war.   :shakefist:

Game 4 scheduled for Wednesday night at 8:30 CST Blues vs. Blackhawks where the Blues are up 2-1.  This is quite the exciting series!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:54:30 AM by STLGusty »

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 10:52:47 PM »
You may have one THIS one, Blackhawks...but one battle does not win a war.   :shakefist:

Game 4 scheduled for Wednesday night at 8:30 CST Blues vs. Blackhawks where the Blues are up 2-1.  This is quite the exciting series!

Hawks finally woke up and started playing. Here we come for the next game!

The Ducks on the other hand, oh gods it was bad. We fell to the Stars on their ice. Yep forgot how to play. Plus going up against their goalie, Fins know how to tend the crease.

Pens came back from nothing and woke up just in time. Go Pens!

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 05:34:27 AM »
Go Jets Go!! Oh wait, we didn't make the playoffs.... maybe next year!

I'm not sure which team I should cheer for, I have my favorites from each series, but overall, I'm not really sure! I haven't really been following the playoffs so far as I don't have tv  :blush:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
Go Jets Go!! Oh wait, we didn't make the playoffs.... maybe next year!

LoL! :)

I actually got to see the Blues vs. the Jets when they came into town not too long ago.  It was a fun game...for us anyway muhahaha ;)  Silly question - but do you happen to know any cheap places I could find Jets' gear or cups or something?  My friend and I actually having a running joke about the Jets (why?  I have no idea), and I'm trying to find something affordable to get him that's Jets related!

In other news...Blues and Blackhawks are going into overtime (AGAIN)!  I can't take this stress!!!!!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:11 PM »
Just finish 'em off Blues!!! -shakes fist-
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »

No,no,no. Not in our house. Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT is killing me tonight. Two of my three teams have lost either in it or close to it.
Love the sport. Hate the things it does to me.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »

No,no,no. Not in our house. Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT is killing me tonight. Two of my three teams have lost either in it or close to it.
Love the sport. Hate the things it does to me.

Yeah, I heard the Blue Jackets tied up the series, right?  I hope your luck continues for your Hawks today... muhahahahaha!!!  (Well, I hope the Pens win THAT series, just as long as the Hawks don't win my series lol).

...Now to continuing making myself sick as OT continues....

Edit to add:  Crap.  Stupid Blackhawks. That's fine...we'll get 'em next game ;)  We like to make things dramatic, lol.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:46:09 PM by STLGusty »

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 10:17:34 AM »
Come on Avs, we need this one tonight! Go get em!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »
Go Stars Go! :cheer:

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »
Here we go again. My teams are all tied up at 2-2. So let's Go Ducks and let's go Hawks.

The Pens play tomorrow and they can win, I'm all fine with that.

As for finding gear or mech in general. Good luck. Though I live in an area of my state that is hockey devoid. Unless it's league wide gear like hats. Get closer to the coast and you hit Shark territory (boo!). Down south you get into Kings (boo!) and Ducks ( :cool:) territory. Further south and your back into no mans land.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal