collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the best deal you've ever gotten?  (Read 7668 times)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's the best deal you've ever gotten?
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this lil lovely was probably my best deal.. with shipping she cost 12.00

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
Mountain Boy Sunburst for $8 and UK sweetie baby Candy for $8 on eBay. Oh and a mint Gypsy for $2 in a charity shop.

That was a couple years ago.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline elffypony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »
A almost complete paradise estate for £60 with a free suitcase at ponycon.  :good:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:28:50 PM by elffypony »

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 04:09:07 AM »
I found Indian Cotton Candy at a toy fair for £2 and a newly listed BIN auction on ebay for aqua haired comic pony for about £8 :biggrin:

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2014, 04:24:29 AM »
A former coworker gave me a mint Dancing Butterflies from her childhood collection. There's no better deal than free. :)

Baby Lickety Split

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2014, 04:30:17 AM »
A former coworker gave me a mint Dancing Butterflies from her childhood collection. There's no better deal than free. :)
Oh yeah! I got three G3's from a friends childhood collection. She says she had over 20 more (and that huge fancy G3 castle with all the different floors) but isn't sure where they are. That was 100% free as well, and there was one HTF-ish pony in the three she gave me.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 04:40:14 AM »
my best deal was either Macau Lemondrop or Mountain Boy Lightning for a little less than $2 per pony. they are both second hand store lucky finds :)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 04:48:39 AM »
$3 for G4 playful ponies and $50 for Minty A a year ago! Ooo I got a talking Celestia in great condition along with some G3 ponies in a $3 grab bag at the thrift store.

Do birthday gifts count!? Because I saved a lot of money that way xD

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
(Hopefully it's alright that I'm posting here, I didn't see anything in the rules about bumping topics up like this)

I have a few really good ones, most of my G1 stories are from 2012 since I've been working at that one on and off:

Non-beddy-bye-eyed Baby Heart Throb for $30.

This one I actually got because of a bad photograph; it was already listed under international sellers and the angle she was photographed at obscured her eyes almost completely except for a tiny sliver  which is how I noticed which version she was (If the photograph had been better she probably would have been much more, she also came with all her accessories)

Flurry & Sun Glider and company for $34

One thing that I really like are Ponies with butterfly wings, so one of the first things I went after collecting first generation Ponies was the Flutter, Summer Wing & Windy Wing Ponies and I actually managed to get a complete set of them over the summer I started collecting. These two were in a lot with four other baby Ponies including two of the four Sparkle ones (both of the pink maned ones to be exact) and I watched it even though the seller was only shipping to the U.S. since in the worst case scenario my friend could forward it to me and she was already selling me a few of her used DVDs. Unfortunately the auction ended up being far more than I wanted to spend on it (around $70),  apparently the winner didn't want to spend that much either because it was relisted a little while later and ended up being only half what it was the first time.

Cool Breeze for about $30

I got this one around the same time as Baby Heartthrob, when this one was listed she was ending a few minutes after another one with neater hair and the variant version ended the same night so the one I was watching with her tangled mane ended up going mostly unnoticed

Pearly Baby Moondancer for about $12

Two years ago one of my friends did a bit of searching through her house about a year after becoming a fan of the current generation to find her childhood Pony collection and posted it for me and her other online friends to see (I even used ghost of the doll to identify all of them which she was really happy about) and one that caught my attention was her set of Pearlised Baby Ponies which was something I didn't even know existed. Either way this prompted me to collect a set for myself and I managed to get most of them from one person leaving just Moondancer and Surprise, the former I managed to find because they had listed her as "Moon Dreamer" and I ended up finding her by chance when I was curious about how much Moon Dreamer dolls cost (I've actually completed the Pearlised set before getting the normal versions of any of them)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:04:08 PM by Motion-Paradox »

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
I've gotten some pretty good eBay deals over the years, but my favorite deal was the one that got me back into collecting--finding my childhood grail Seashell in a bin of ponies at an attic sale in 1998. Price = $0.25! I still have her, although I did give her a new tail :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »
I recently just found Night Glider, Princess Pristina, Quackers, BNG Bouquet and Curly Locks  for $1.50 each at a thrift store.

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »
in person  best deals were TAF  Baby Dancing butterflies for $1 at a swap meet, Mimic probably .50 @ thrift store and a Moondancer softie with original hangtag and brush for $1. Online,  a big lot of g1 porcelains for $50 ( tho shipping was killer). I'm sure Ive had some good deals on ebay but I don't rememerb them.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 08:44:02 PM »
MIB 2009 SDCC exclusive for 5 bucks at Goodwill. Mint Baby Crumpet and Starry Wings for 5 each at an anime convention.

Duster reference]

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
Fashion style Aj  For 1.00
and oakly the  moose for 10.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
A lot of 20 ponies including Tex with his bandana, Wigwam, and Chief along with two TAF babies for $50  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal