collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread  (Read 94104 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
What a pretty pony ajmier55!! I'll think about hosting a bigger swap. Or maybe I can talk someone else into hosting XD

Dashesndots, congrats and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :D Duchess is one of my favorite dolls.

I got my sig Raven, Cupid and Maddie in the mail today and they were all the old releases and no eye wonk! Woo hoo! I also picked up sig Apple at Walmart. I am a very spoiled pony today XD. Next week I'll order Cedar and Briar.

Oh! One last thing before I shut up. I had heard that EAH boys fit Ken doll clothes and shoes and I snagged a Ken fashion pack for $5 at Walmart today as an experiment. It worked and I LOOOOVE it. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for Ken fashions now...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »
I would totally be interested in a EAH pony swap... and he looks great in ken clothes!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2015, 05:13:57 AM »
Ooh very cute pony!! :lovey:   and I love that Ken outfits fit the boy dolls as well!! awesome! I have a ton of Ken outfits!! :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:
The swap sounds awesome but I don't have the time do join right now. I will be watching though if you do one cos I'd love to see what everyone's designs :heart:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2015, 09:00:24 AM »
Wow, Dex looks so handsome in that! :dribble: He's more charming than his bro :biggrin:

I already have ideas for a swap :lookround: I haven't done a swap in forever after ( :P ) so I would absolutely join an EAH one :happy:

Congrats on your new dolls, Salli! Nothing feels as good as getting dolly mail (besides pony mail!)
My Wish List

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 11, 2015, 05:41:45 AM »
Well, I'm up to 34 dolls now! Soon to be 36 because I bought Mirror Beach Ashlynn and going to buy Mirror Beach Apple. I told myself I wouldn't buy these dolls til they dropped in prices, but I'm going to be going to the beach on the 21 so I needed some beachy dolls to take pictures ;)
My Wish List

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 11, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »
I took the dive and bought the Holly and Poppy 2-pack when I was in the States on the weekend. I couldn't turn them down for $15CAD since I've been wanting Holly since her release.

Is anyone else's Holly partially bald? I know EAH likes to skimp hair where the crowns sit, but my old Raven's hair was not as thin as this Holly. There aren't enough plugs at the top of her head so no matter how I try to brush and style her, there is always some scalp showing.  :huh: I don't want to bug Mattel about this if it's a common issue so anyone else have a Holly like this? (This is the original box version, by the way)

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »
There have been lots of complaints about Holly's lack of hair. I think Mattel was trying to save a few bucks with her because her hair is long so they made it thinner XD Mine are MIB or I would check her, but it seems to be a common problem for Holly unfortunately :(

Post Merge: March 11, 2015, 12:15:02 PM

BTW, does anyone know when Comic Con will announce their exclusive EAH doll? I'm dying to know who it is! Hopefully I can get someone to pick her up for me so I won't have to buy her on ebay :lol:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:15:02 PM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #487 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »
Got my dolls - Cedar is the old release, thankfully!  The other two are the newer releases though - Kitty does not have her arm warmers :(

After reading the guide (which is awesome!) guess my question is, was Kitty ever released with the arm warmers?  I know they were supposed to be "accidentally" left off the first ones, but did they ever correct that before they moved to the "budget" release?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:59:51 PM by dashesndots »

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 11, 2015, 03:15:36 PM »
Thanks Shenanigans. I heard about the complaints of the obvious bald spot, but hadn't heard much about the thin rooting in general. You would think the next Rapunzel would be the one doll they would WANT to give a perfectly full head of hair. I still love her a lot and am happy to have her though, I just need to find/make her a nice selection of hats.

Hmm, I can't remember when Cerise Wolf was announced last year, but her trademark was released like a year before the doll's reveal. :wonder: I want to know who it is too! Hopefully they don't follow MH and release a brand new character/sig doll.

dashesndots- As far as I know, only the prototype had arm warmers. I think Kitty and Duchess were delayed because of the arm warmer issue but they just never bothered to correct it (and considering all the sigs are going budget, I'm not very surprised).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:20:14 PM by aluke »

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #489 on: March 11, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »
dashesndots- As far as I know, only the prototype had arm warmers. I think Kitty and Duchess were delayed because of the arm warmer issue but they just never bothered to correct it (and considering all the sigs are going budget, I'm not very surprised).

Aw that's a bummer.  Not that she looks bad without them but I think they would have completed her.

Also, my Holly is really sparsely rooted as well  :huh:

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 11, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
I hope they annouce it soon! I am so hoping for Lily Bo Peep! :biggrin:

It's a shame only prototype Kitty came with arm warmers. If you're looking for some though, Rayesdol made some and is selling them in her Etsy shop I believe for $7 or $8 :) They look fantastic too!

Mattel shouldn't tease us with awesome accessories and then take them away :P
My Wish List

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 11, 2015, 11:14:50 PM »
dashesndots- I know what you mean. I never cared for the arm warmers because they were plastic, but she just seems so bare without them.

Shenanigans- I hope for Lily to be a regular release. Her sig look is so pretty, and if she is an SDCC exclusive, I'd never even get to see her in person. :P I like the alternate destiny concept Cerise had, same character but very different appearance. I remember someone, somewhere mentioning wanting a real girl Cedar and I think that would be amazing.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:16 AM »
Yeah, I've been expecting either Lily or real girl Cedar which both would be awesome :) I can't wait to find out what it is!! I also hope that Lily is a regular release so I know for sure I'll get my hands on her without paying ebay prices :lol:
My Wish List

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 12, 2015, 06:57:39 AM »
I'm more expecting Gus and Hilda. They would both need to be shorter than even the Wonderlandians and Mattel doesn't seem to mind making new molds for SDCC exclusives.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 12, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »
Yep, my Holly has sparse hair too.

I think I want to make fabric and fur arm warmers for my Kitty when I get her, as well as a fur collar thing. (Why does Rosabella get real fur and Kitty has plastic??)

Oh I so hope the SDCC release is real girl Cedar or Gus and Helga because then I won't need them. Lol. Yikes! I have 18 dolls. So much for not collecting these XD I am hoping to order Cedar and sig Briar this weekend. Then I'll be caught up on the old sigs and can order Kitty and Ginger. Apple is so not my favorite character but her dollie is so cute! I just love all of the details.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal