collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photos of outdoors near you  (Read 3330 times)

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
Re: Photos of outdoors near you
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »
Everyone has such gorgeous photos, I love the diversity! The birds, rock formations, and architecture are really cool, and Austria looks like something out of a fairy tale.
I live on a ranch, so there are plenty of places for walking out here. Please keep in mind that all of these photos, excluding the final one, were taken in winter. I have more recent ones but they're still on the camera, and I'm too lazy to remove them. :B

This is our front yard and driveway - my view from my bedroom window.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The fields behind our house, and the distant mountain.

An adjacent field with some foothills.

One of the creeks. This one was taken about a month ago, and it's still flowing strong!

Are you from around the Sun Valley area? That's what your pictures remind me of

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »
This is about a half mile from my house, on one of my favorite hiking trails.

And this is my house and Steamboat Mountain behind it. :) visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
This is about a half mile from my house, on one of my favorite hiking trails.

And this is my house and Steamboat Mountain behind it. :) visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That is not Cloudsdale he he. Is it the Rocky mountains?xXx

Post Merge: April 14, 2014, 03:23:06 PM

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.104208546259327.7691.100000105467770&type=1&l=8666adeeba

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.634163299930513.1073741829.100000105467770&type=1&l=232e44d18b

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.797244200289088.1073741837.100000105467770&type=1&l=77abd05a9c

can't pick just a few. :3 these are almost all taken in my area of the city.

Wow I can see why! Jaw dropping! I love the waterfall, your little dawgie and the horses too :heart:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:28:10 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline skyrocketneko

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »
It is, Artemesia! I'm right at 6000 foot altitude in the foothills. It's so pretty. :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 03:48:13 PM »
It is, Artemesia! I'm right at 6000 foot altitude in the foothills. It's so pretty. :)

Ah so nearly Cloudsdale, I get it now :D I like your username is shy rocket like the juniper tree. This thread is making me hit 'search' to find out such interesting things! It looks really beautiful  :lovey:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »
Are you from around the Sun Valley area? That's what your pictures remind me of

No, I'm much further north.
Mimic on MLPTP

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
Ooh, I've got a few photos!

Last spring, there were temporarily a flock of sheep grazing in the field across the canal/creek from us. I do hope they visit us again!

Speaking of that canal/creek area... We sometimes see ducks out there--

It's a nice place with a path along for walking and some neat trees.

Our backyard practically opens onto it, since we're at the end of the cul-de-sac. The gate here is off its hinges and overgrown with flowers, which I just love.

All the neighborhood cats like to hang out in the backyard. We've never caught them using the barbecue. Or even chasing the birds. One of them likes birdwatching, but lazily and with no intent to do anything about them-- he seems to just enjoy the company. Our Lego is not fond of the fact that our yard attracts many cats, but Momo makes friends with them.

And my thumb's in this one a bit it looks like, but here's CORN. This is what pretty much any drive through my area looks like, we're in the ag center of California. There's crops, or there's cows.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »
Went out on my school's dock (we have a dock and a boathouse) while I was making my cross-campus deliveries.  The weather was finally really nice today.

My school (like, five minutes from where I live) is nestled right up against the salt marsh.

Thought this looked nice with the water and the picnic tables.  That's the boathouse in the background.

This is in Charleston, SC by the way.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:32:26 PM by Kaeldre »

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline skyrocketneko

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 08:02:09 AM »
Kaeldre, love Charleston! Used to live less than 5 hours from it, and we'd pass right by Myrtle Beach and go there instead. Such a beautiful old city.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »
oh wow, great pics everyone <3 I love seeing pics from other homes outdoors and such! keep them coming!
I took some myself today, will be posting them later!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 10:27:30 AM »
Ooh, I've got a few photos!

Last spring, there were temporarily a flock of sheep grazing in the field across the canal/creek from us. I do hope they visit us again!

Speaking of that canal/creek area... We sometimes see ducks out there--

It's a nice place with a path along for walking and some neat trees.

Our backyard practically opens onto it, since we're at the end of the cul-de-sac. The gate here is off its hinges and overgrown with flowers, which I just love.

All the neighborhood cats like to hang out in the backyard. We've never caught them using the barbecue. Or even chasing the birds. One of them likes birdwatching, but lazily and with no intent to do anything about them-- he seems to just enjoy the company. Our Lego is not fond of the fact that our yard attracts many cats, but Momo makes friends with them.

And my thumb's in this one a bit it looks like, but here's CORN. This is what pretty much any drive through my area looks like, we're in the ag center of California. There's crops, or there's cows.

These are lovely! It looks like the alley behind your house could lead somewhere magical like in a Haruki Murakami novel... gorgeous rambling roses!

Post Merge: April 17, 2014, 10:28:58 AM

Went out on my school's dock (we have a dock and a boathouse) while I was making my cross-campus deliveries.  The weather was finally really nice today.

My school (like, five minutes from where I live) is nestled right up against the salt marsh.

Thought this looked nice with the water and the picnic tables.  That's the boathouse in the background.

This is in Charleston, SC by the way.

It looks so lovely in the sunshine! Do you go canoeing around there? Nice pics :)

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 02:27:55 AM »

These are lovely! It looks like the alley behind your house could lead somewhere magical like in a Haruki Murakami novel... gorgeous rambling roses!

Thank you! It feels like that sometimes... especially with the high wall around everything (and the vines and plants obscuring those)-- everything's very cut off so you could imagine anything on the other side. The backyard is actually not that great to be out in because the heat gets awful most of the year and there's not much shade... and we had to take out the little fishpond a few years ago... but it looks really nice and it has a great gateway out into the 'wild'. We sometimes see cranes and herons out in the field past the creek, too, but I've never gotten a picture of one!

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »

This is my backyard.  My upyard?  This is overlooking my home and the hot springs/resort where me and my dogs work.  These pics were taken from horseback last August when my sister came to visit.  The long, tan thing you see in the second picture is the landing strip, not a road.

The Tanana Valley, as seen from right outside of Fairbanks, AK.

I am ridiculously spoiled by Mother Nature.
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »
The Tanana Valley, as seen from right outside of Fairbanks, AK.

I am ridiculously spoiled by Mother Nature.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I am exploding with jealousy.

Gorgeous pictures!  Thanks for sharing :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal