collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 52736 times)

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2014, 02:50:11 PM »
I really don't give a flying hoot about articulation (never understood the obsession, myself).

This! I think it's maybe because I'm not a Monster High Fan and am...dabbling in EAH (so expensive but clothes so pretty but so expensive and awkward to find other clothes for but clothes so pretty but heads so round but clothes so pretty...etc) and when I was growing up, dolls didn't have all this articulation so I'm happy with my EQGs... :shrug:

But yes, Hasbro, all these new ponydollies are great, they really are but can we have some ponies to actually go with them?

Carrie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2014, 04:05:44 PM »
I really don't give a flying hoot about articulation (never understood the obsession, myself).

This! I think it's maybe because I'm not a Monster High Fan and am...dabbling in EAH (so expensive but clothes so pretty but so expensive and awkward to find other clothes for but clothes so pretty but heads so round but clothes so pretty...etc) and when I was growing up, dolls didn't have all this articulation so I'm happy with my EQGs... :shrug:

Carrie

Because dolls like to sit. And pose.  Aesthetics wise, the limbs also look weird- like popsicles.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »

Carrie

Because dolls like to sit. And pose.  Aesthetics wise, the limbs also look weird- like popsicles.

For me articulated legs aren't a big deal since I usually stand them up anyways but articulated arms make them more expressive.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »
Wow, i am surprised that Sapphire Shores gets a doll, but I do wish she had at least a pony version of her as well.

i think the whole articulation thing may depend on what you/they/people do with their dolls. If you just display them, pose them a little, pose them a lot, take pictures of them, style them, ect.
I grew up with dolls that had little or no articulation as well, but i will admit that once I got into Monster High, it did "spoil" me when it came to future doll purchases due to how articulated they are for a cheap, afforable doll. Especially if compared to Asian Ball Jointed/Articulated/Poseable Dolls.

I would say MH did make it a "semi-standard" (or at least raised the bar) for doll lines to have at least some form of articulation. Hence why it seems nowadays more and more people are wanting at least basic articulation (like moveable elbows and knees) on a doll. ...And i believe it's part of the reason some newer dolls lines get discontinued (a good example is the Novi Stars dolls).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Heh, I personally adore articulation because.. I wasn't really a doll person before Monster High, and they totally spoiled me with regards to articulation. XD

Personally I don't mind the non-articulated arms on Equestria Girls, I just wish they had knee joints of some sort, even if it was just 'click knees' like, say, Pinkie Coopers have.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
I don't mind a lack of articualtion if it makes them cheaper.  I actually prefer non jointed legs since they look smoother (the peg legs however....).  For me, a bigger issue is how easy they are to stand on their own.  I don't know if any other kinds of dolls have issues with that, but the EqGs I have fall over fairly easily, and since they're all next to each other, they all fall down.  The Applejack I have has to prop up on a FS Rarity I have just so it can stand. Then again, it looks like she is petting her which I find cute.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:26 PM »
So, I found an articulated Rarity at the thrift and I had this Celestia, whom I LOVE but hated the fact that she wasn't bendy soooo.....

Her being a little more edgy in Zecora's outfit and Ghoulia's glasses. The shoes are Zecora's and are just kind of loosely on Celestia's pegs, but they stay on pretty well for posing!

And now I have my almost perfect Celestia! Just wish she had real feet is all...
Now, since I did Celestia, I decided to take a leap and try putting Zecora's head on a Monster High Ghoulia's body. I have to say, I really like how she turned out!
Of course, the end result is my buying more to mix and match, but only from the thrift :P AND I have to find some more clothes....what lines fit Monster High and which fit EQG's? Does anyone know?

Zecora with my crested gecko, Gummy:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:30:48 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »
So, I found an articulated Rarity at the thrift and I had this Celestia, whom I LOVE but hated the fact that she wasn't bendy soooo.....

And now I have my almost perfect Celestia! Just wish she had real feet is all...
That last pic is too cute!! :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

QueenGusty

« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »

That last pic is too cute!! :P

Wow okay I CANNOT show this to Cellyzombie...she's already intimated she wants bendy-Rarity's body, anymore  and I'd come home to a Rarity head sitting looking at me and the Zombie-butt being all smug in her new bendy body.....time to find a cheapo donor Rarity methinks.

Carrie

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2014, 12:38:58 AM »
Ok, i have to ask...who is Cellyzombie?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2014, 09:57:51 AM »
Yeah, I did the same thing with my Celestia- popped her on Rarity's body.

Also Trixie's head works on Dash bendy body...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2014, 10:07:51 AM »
....You have cemented my mighty need for that Celestia doll. Now, if only places could stock her whilst they're on sale...£16.50 is much better for my wallet than £22...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
....You have cemented my mighty need for that Celestia doll. Now, if only places could stock her whilst they're on sale...£16.50 is much better for my wallet than £22...

I bought a few Celestia heads from Taobao-  you can have one for $6 + shipping if you'd like her and don't care about the stock.  I might even have a non-poseable Rarity around here somewhere you can use for the body (although I'm less sure about that)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »

I bought a few Celestia heads from Taobao-  you can have one for $6 + shipping if you'd like her and don't care about the stock.  I might even have a non-poseable Rarity around here somewhere you can use for the body (although I'm less sure about that)

Thank you for the offer, but I want everything that comes with her as well (the dress and pony and wings, etc), so I'll keep trying :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

QueenGusty

« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Ok, i have to ask...who is Cellyzombie?

Cellyzombie is my Celestia doll. She's a zombie and she has her own facebook page...well okay it WAS for all the toys but she's kinda taken over...She's a kooky ball of hair on sticks who loves clothes and well, brains.

Not sure if fbook links are allowed so just search for One Peculiar Toybox :D

Carrie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal