collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Pimp Yo Fakie" Contest [Entries closed!]  (Read 11067 times)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: "Pimp Yo Fakie" Contest [It's Go Time!]
« Reply #435 on: May 30, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
Just commenting to withdraw my entry. I've expanded my skills trying to get this pony the way I wanted but hit too many snags from experiments and just plain haven't got it suitable for entry, did make an album of the process and the pony - http://imgur.com/a/RTdCi

so sad to see more people dropping out but captaincurran that's awesome progress!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
« Reply #436 on: May 30, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »
Just commenting to withdraw my entry. I've expanded my skills trying to get this pony the way I wanted but hit too many snags from experiments and just plain haven't got it suitable for entry, did make an album of the process and the pony - http://imgur.com/a/RTdCi

Wow, this is an amazing idea and I love seeing the process!  I'd love to see the finished pony whenever you're able to work out the kinks and finish it...I bet it will be awesome!   :thumb:

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 30, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »
Please do let us see your pony when its finished, its such a creative idea!

So sorry to see so many dropping out of the contest. :( I was worried I might have to but I managed to finish up and send in my pics just in time. Can't wait to see all the fakies pimped out!

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »
Just have to finish rehairing tonight and I'm donesies! Phew!
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #439 on: May 31, 2014, 07:05:05 AM »
Thank you for all the awesome entries so far!  For those withdrawing, no worries, we loved getting to know you a bit better in this contest and you can happily cheer-lead your fellow fakie makeover artists at the finish line!

We'd love to see how far you did get everyone, and of course Ariadna, what was your plan? :)

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2014, 07:27:44 AM »
Sorry to hear you've withdrawn to captaincurran :(

Everyone always says that Totsy ponies look 'dastardly'. When I hear this word I think of cliche', mustache twirling villains from the black and white film era, you know the kind who tie damsels to train tracks. Totsy was going to be transformed into Count Dastardly, I was going to give it a coat of paint and hair making it appear like it was in an old black and white film. The hair would be black and slick, a fake twirlable moustache added, and was going to be given a monocle and black cloak with tails to boot. I was going to keep Totsy's symbol up on the shoulder but instead of it being girly bow I was going to turn them into more masculin bow ties.

Sadly I've not had any time to devote to Totsy's new makeover, I've been run off my feet. Though I will try to finish it off and post it one day :) I'm not very good with technology so none of my sketches are up (I don't know how to use digital art mediums) and my scanner busted a year or so back, so no concept art from me, just a description.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #441 on: May 31, 2014, 08:45:36 AM »
That is AWESOME!  Even if you don't have time to finish for the contest, it will still be awesome to see!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #442 on: May 31, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »
I'm still hoping to finish mine by Sunday evening as I get back home. I've painted most of the base colours, some parts still need a few more coats and then I can move on to detail painting. I had to skip some of the sculpting I was planning to do in order to make it in time and if need be, I can leave out some of the details in the paintwork too. I just want to be able to submit something, and most importantly, he still matches my original vision even though he isn't quite as detailed as I wanted. In any case I think it's a huge improvement compared to his original looks. ;)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
Re: \"Pimp Yo Fakie\" Contest [It\'s Go Time!]
« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »
Well my non-Hasbro entry is in!  But I had an all day class today and all Friday evening, and haven't been able to finish my Hasbro one-  this was my first time trying to sculpt wings and it turned out to take a LOT longer than I had ever thought... 

Should we be posting pix of our finished ones?  I'm not sure

Post Merge: May 31, 2014, 08:36:26 PM

Yeah- my resin stuff pretty much looks like that.  That's why I don't make resin stuff.  It's a LOT harder than it looks!  I hope you can figure it out at some point!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:36:26 PM by Galactica »

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
Still more time!  I'd say....12 more hours from this post!  I won't have time to look at my pm's again til then.  Some AMAZING entries so far!  How will anyone vote??!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »
Still more time!  I'd say....12 more hours from this post!  I won't have time to look at my pm's again til then.  Some AMAZING entries so far!  How will anyone vote??!

Just seeing the pics in here and knowing some of the work done by entrants I know I will be hard pressed to pick favorites! It's going to be quite a beautiful set of pics to look at though, that's for sure.
Good Luck everyone!

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2014, 05:05:11 AM »

Ack, 12 hours!? I thought I could work on her more tomorrow!! D:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2014, 07:21:12 AM »
Ok, as I wasn't clear in the beginning, entries are due by tomorrow morning.  :) 

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2014, 07:27:57 AM »
CSA, I don't think I'll be able to make it. I've had to strip both ponies down and having had time to even repaint them. So pretty much I'm pulling my entries :( However, I do plan on finishing both of these, just not in time for the voting XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2014, 09:49:07 AM »
:( I also didn't time my right. This is my first semester in college and I didn't realize how harsh the final month was going to be. Plus we lost 4 people at work so over time there led to no time at home. I am also going to finish mine just don't know when, since I signed up for summer school and we are still short at work. Just can't leave the poor girl naked and hair less though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal