collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1( or early) transformers  (Read 2099 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G1( or early) transformers
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
I didn't watch the cartoon (I didn't have access to a lot of shows when they were first on), but I did have a few of the toys.  They were some of my favourites, actually - of course that also means that they're not in great shape now! ;) I actually took some (poorly lit) photos of a couple of them when I was visiting my mother a couple of months ago:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
they are awesome, i really want some old g1 toys but they are way too expensive for me..well they are over here they are .

when i was a kid i told my sister i was going to marry Optimus prime .....well she never made me forget that for years to come afterwards  -_-

Its more of a 'I remember the shows' thing with me..so I don't have any of the toys :) 

Its always nice seeing things you grew up with though^^

And...I love your little jewelry display and the objects around it!

thank you :) i like incorporating different tones together, love my shabby chic and love my bad boys :P
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:29:39 AM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
Big fan here.
I grew up on the reruns. Some of my best childhood memories are racing home in the afternoon break from school, grabbing a sandwich and settling on the couch to watch transformers. Bumblebee was always my childhood favorite and I still love him, and after rolling back into transformers years later I ran into Jazz again and well, my Jazz shelf speaks for itself I think. XD
Its still small but we're working on that.  I never had any of the toys when I was younger, but I'm sure making up for that now.
I'll try and grab some pics somewhere this week, though I really have to redo my shelves. I kind of want to mix some of my transformers with my ponies at some point.

I got incredibly lucky a while back while thrifting, and managed to find a bare bones G1 Metroplex, as well as a G1 Jetfire with all his armor parts, and near complete G1 Devastator, who was a pretty big grail of mine. I still have to smile whenever I look at them.
I just need to find a way to stabilize Devastator a bit. He has apparently decided, since he's so much bigger then most of my autobots, that bellyflopping on them is the perfect strategy, I'm inclined to disagree. D:

ah funny the movie is the only thing I have, that was easy and cheap for me to buy here. it freaked me out cos i didn't realize they killed of half of my favourite characters :sad: and you see screamer get obliterated.
no wonder my son isn't that keen on seeing anymore. i love it for the cool style, neat 80s soundtrack to go with the cool bots.
i don't know if its me but the animation looks like it slacks after the movie which came out half way through the series.
Oh man I know. Prowl's death still makes me wince. Its just so ....nasty....
And while I have the soundtrack, the death of Optimus Prime theme is permanently banned from my playlist. I'm a sentimental sap, but it still makes me sad. I absolutely love the movie in all it's magnificent 80s glory, but man were they rough on the old cast.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 03:35:31 AM »
I don't have any of the toys but TF was a huge part of my childhood. We were among the first in town to get a parabolic antenna (this was waaay before cable TV was common) and we had a couple of hundred channels, among them Skyone which showed the Funfactory early saturday and sundaymornings. It was all in English but I enjoyed the shows anyway and Transformers were my favorite. I can pretty much say that Transformers were my first English teachers. Starscream was my very first crush. :heart: Very many firsts, lol.
As a teenager I got a link to a site where the early comics where scanned in and I got to read the issues of the first two years before Hasbro found out and put the site down.

I've never gotten into the newer generations. They just feel weird.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 05:41:20 AM »
*stalking this thread*
I currently only have two boys with me but I wanted to take pictures of my little collection soon when I go to my dad's place for Easter. I only buy the ones I really love, I'm not a completionist or anything. And I stay away from the original toyline as I appreciate posability and show-accuracy.

I lovelovelove Transformers. My favorite toy lines are Generations and Animated, my favorite shows are Beast Wars and Animated, my favorite characters are the three original Insecticons and I'm an avid fembot supporter. I wish I could have more robot babies in my collection but they are super expensive here (like almost all toys).

Great to see who else is into ponies and bots :) I stopped engaging in the fandom and so it's always nice to meet people to talk TF with.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 05:45:03 AM »
I love the pic Skydancer with your Transformer!! soo great!!! ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 12:36:45 AM »
That pic with Skydancer is AWESOME! I loved G1 transformers as a kid but my mom wouldn't buy me them (can't complain though since I was MLP-spoiled!) I now have a small collection of my childhood favorites: Optimus, Bumblebee, Soundwave with 6 cassets, Starscream and the dinobots!

I also have a few Transformers Animated from years back... just waiting for my boys to be old enough to play with them. In the meantime, they play with Optimash Prime (potato head) and I have a couple of plushes I put in their cribs in order to get them loving transformers early! We also have the G1 and Animated on DVD too. Can't wait to watch it with them one day. Already made hubby sit through the G1 cartoons with me :)

PandoraFox, I've never seen ANY while thrifting, you're so lucky!

shabbychicdee that is ADORABLE that you wanted to marry Optimus!

PandoraFox

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 03:57:18 AM »
That pic with Skydancer is AWESOME! I loved G1 transformers as a kid but my mom wouldn't buy me them (can't complain though since I was MLP-spoiled!) I now have a small collection of my childhood favorites: Optimus, Bumblebee, Soundwave with 6 cassets, Starscream and the dinobots!

I also have a few Transformers Animated from years back... just waiting for my boys to be old enough to play with them. In the meantime, they play with Optimash Prime (potato head) and I have a couple of plushes I put in their cribs in order to get them loving transformers early! We also have the G1 and Animated on DVD too. Can't wait to watch it with them one day. Already made hubby sit through the G1 cartoons with me :)

PandoraFox, I've never seen ANY while thrifting, you're so lucky!

shabbychicdee that is ADORABLE that you wanted to marry Optimus!

Oh man, I've seen that potato head, he's glorious. XD
The animated toys are pretty darn good in my book and quite sturdy to boot, I'm sure your boys will love them!

And I agree Shabbychicdee, nothing wrong with wanting to marry your heroes!
I ....I may have been caught talking to a yellow Volkswagen bug at some point. >>

I myself still cannot believe my luck when it comes to my thrifting finds. I'd never found any transformers before, nor have I since.
Apparently, someone gave their childhood G1 collection to the shop and I came in the day after. I actually found Devastator in 2 goes. I was already over the moon when I found 2 Constructicons along with Metroplex and Jetfire at the start of that week, when chance sent me back a few days later, they'd apparently sorted out the rest of what was brought in and dunked it in with the toy cars. I think it's a good thing I had my back to the shop keepers when I was going through that box. I don't know what faces I was making when I kept digging up bright green and purple bit after bright green and purple bit. XD 
Realizing pretty much everything needed to form Devastator was there was, pretty magical.
He does lack his chest shield unfortunately, and he could do with a better hip connector, but I'll find him replacements at some point. Totally doesn't detract from the magic of actually owning him.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:10 AM »
We were poor, I had Go-Bots.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »
Sorry, it's a bad picture, but here are mine!

They are all G1s

I did have to sell some of them off, but am recollecting with hubby now.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
Wow skyrocketneko, impressive!

valkyrie_fe

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:12 AM »

They are all G1s

The first thing I spotted was Perceptor! :D I have that same figure. He's still in his box, however, because I don't want the cats to destroy him. I didn't quite do the same with MP Prowl though... he's just too pretty, he has to be admired... hahahaha.

*stalking this thread*
I currently only have two boys with me but I wanted to take pictures of my little collection soon when I go to my dad's place for Easter. I only buy the ones I really love, I'm not a completionist or anything. And I stay away from the original toyline as I appreciate posability and show-accuracy.

I lovelovelove Transformers. My favorite toy lines are Generations and Animated, my favorite shows are Beast Wars and Animated, my favorite characters are the three original Insecticons and I'm an avid fembot supporter. I wish I could have more robot babies in my collection but they are super expensive here (like almost all toys).

Great to see who else is into ponies and bots :) I stopped engaging in the fandom and so it's always nice to meet people to talk TF with.

Ahaha, I'm a bit the opposite. I've been heavy in the TF fandom for like... geez. 6 years? 7? Has it really been that long? Goodness, you think I'd get enough of the robots, but nope. I don't. Oh well. But yeah, I'm just now getting into MLP a little bit so I'm like "wow I don't know crap about ponies" compared to everyone else so I'm a bit excited to at least connect with some people with other things! :'D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:13:24 AM by valkyrie_fe »

PandoraFox

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 04:21:07 AM »

They are all G1s

So much Awesome!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 07:31:35 AM »
I love Perceptor- we have my original and the rereleased version. Hubby's big present for Christmas was a MIB Trypticon. Man, he was a blow to my bank account!
I've always loved the jets and Optimus myself.  I always look for Transformers and ponies while thrifting.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:34:21 AM by skyrocketneko »

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »

Wow, that's an epic collection!  :cool:

Blog

PandoraFox

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 11:28:17 AM »
I love Perceptor- we have my original and the rereleased version. Hubby's big present for Christmas was a MIB Trypticon. Man, he was a blow to my bank account!
I've always loved the jets and Optimus myself.  I always look for Transformers and ponies while thrifting.

Holy cow that's one awesome christmas present!
I really do want to own a Trypticon someday, because he's awesome, and because our local small Transformers convention often holds a Trypticon race. It's brilliantly funny and I'd love to join in sometime. XD
I'm also loving all the throttlebots I'm seeing in your pictures. I'm hoping to pick up the last few of that set next time the convention comes around. Picked up Goldbug on a whim at some point and fell in love with those little guys. (I've spent way to much time having them zip around  my desk. >>)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal