collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Book swap interest check  (Read 1142 times)

HannahBeth333

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Book swap interest check
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »
I prefer physical books.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
Both :D I only buy books for my Kindle if they cost significantly less than their physical form :) Very interested in a swap!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 07:47:04 PM »
If I had a Kindle or something I'd say both but I don't.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »
i'd be interested, but i guess i'd have to join the physical swap.
i have a nook, and well... i can't even think of owning a kindle.
i do buy books on my nook all the time.
it would be fun to have most of the books from the other person's wishlist and include one of your own favorites. so long as it fits in the genre they like.
i love trying new books and getting recommendations for new ones. it's the best!

valkyrie_fe

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
Ooooh book swap! I love books so very much. :) I'd definitely be interested if I'd be allowed to join in, haha. I love kindle, physical, and comic books. /bounces

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
rosier i was thinking about that. I'd love to have someone "recommend" a book to me. If they think they know something I simply must read based on what I said I like I'd love it!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
I'd be interested depending on when the swap runs :).

Id probably be fine with either electronic or physical books. I usually go with physical books, but I do have an iPad with a kindle app that I occasionally use.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 09:25:39 PM »
rosier i was thinking about that. I'd love to have someone "recommend" a book to me. If they think they know something I simply must read based on what I said I like I'd love it!
right?!
that's one of the extras i always love to get in any swap. and most often, just a list of their favorite books is great too.

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
I love reading and I love books, so I would be interested in a swap like this. I very much prefer physical books over ebooks. The only thing that scares me is the shipping. And this is coming from someone who just paid $39 to ship a box of candy for the Candy Swap! :P

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 11:02:14 AM »
I love reading and I love books, so I would be interested in a swap like this. I very much prefer physical books over ebooks. The only thing that scares me is the shipping. And this is coming from someone who just paid $39 to ship a box of candy for the Candy Swap! :P
if we keep it to only books and only having extras being books, it can easily ship media mail.
personally, i'd send 2. be cheaper

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
if we keep it to only books and only having extras being books, it can easily ship media mail.
personally, i'd send 2. be cheaper

Yeah, I was thinking about that myself actually. I think that would probably be a good way to go about it. Ship the books Media Mail and ship the extras Priority Mail.

About Media Mail: (And here's a link to where I got this info: Media Mail)
Spoiler
4.0 Content Standards for Media Mail
4.1 Qualified Items

Only these items may be mailed at the Media Mail prices:

a. Books, including books issued to supplement other books, of at least eight printed pages, consisting wholly of reading matter or scholarly bibliography, or reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers' own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style.

b. 16-millimeter or narrower width films, which must be positive prints in final form for viewing, and catalogs of such films of 24 pages or more (at least 22 of which are printed). Films and film catalogs sent to or from commercial theaters do not qualify for the Media Mail price.

c. Printed music, whether in bound or sheet form.

d. Printed objective test materials and their accessories used by or on behalf of educational institutions to test ability, aptitude, achievement, interests, and other mental and personal qualities with or without answers, test scores, or identifying information recorded thereon in writing or by mark.

e. Sound recordings, including incidental announcements of recordings and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such recordings. Video recordings and player piano rolls are classified as sound recordings.

f. Playscripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.

g. Printed educational reference charts designed to instruct or train individuals for improving or developing their capabilities. Each chart must be a single printed sheet of information designed for educational reference. The information on the chart, which may be printed on one or both sides of the sheet, must be conveyed primarily by graphs, diagrams, tables, or other nonnarrative matter. An educational reference chart is normally but not necessarily devoted to one subject. A chart on which the information is conveyed primarily by textual matter in a narrative form does not qualify as a printed educational reference chart for mailing at the Media Mail prices even if it includes graphs, diagrams, or tables. Examples of qualifying charts include maps produced primarily for educational reference, tables of mathematical or scientific equations, noun declensions or verb conjugations used in the study of languages, periodic table of elements, botanical or zoological tables, and other tables used in the study of science.

h. Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.

i. Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.

4.2 Enclosures in Books Mailed as Media Mail

Enclosures in books mailed at Media Mail prices are subject to these additional standards:

a. Either one envelope or one addressed postcard may be bound into the pages of a book. If also serving as an order form, the envelope or card may be in addition to the order form permitted by 4.2b..

b. One order form may be bound into the pages of a book. If also serving as an envelope or postcard, the order form may be in addition to the envelope or card permitted by 4.2a..

c. Announcements of books may appear as book pages. These announcements must be incidental and exclusively devoted to books, without extraneous advertising of book-related or other materials or services. Announcements may describe the conditions of ordering books and may contain ordering instructions for use with a separate order form. Up to three of these announcements may contain as part of their format a single order form, which may be a postcard. The order forms permitted with these announcements are in addition to order forms that may be enclosed under 4.2a. or 4.2b..

~Jennifer
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:33:33 PM by Jennifer2004 »

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
Haha that's a great idea, Media Mail is really the cheapest and if you could Priority flat rate any non book extras it'd probably work out.

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »
I'd be in, preferably for some physical books, which of course means that someone out there should be willing to ship international. I wouldn't mind receiving inexpensive paperbacks or second-hand books; in most cases what matters is that they are whole and clean.

Anyone else interested in comics and/or manga?

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:25 PM »
I would be interested in a book swap. Physical books only for me :-)

HannahBeth333

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »
I'd be in, preferably for some physical books, which of course means that someone out there should be willing to ship international. I wouldn't mind receiving inexpensive paperbacks or second-hand books; in most cases what matters is that they are whole and clean.

Anyone else interested in comics and/or manga?

I love comics. I like Zenescope, Image and DC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal