collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Night Vale Thread  (Read 566 times)

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Night Vale Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 10:45:45 PM »
Ahaha neat!

(there is an Arby's in the next town over from mine that shares a parking lot with the bowling alley. It really makes me wish I had someone to dress up for cosplay photos with...)

And, my sketch of the One Year Later scene, on toned paper:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(finally got the photo thing to work!)

It's more about the scene, and so Cecil and Carlos are very obscured by the car, but I figured it was a way of drawing the scene that let anyone's headcanon of them take that place, and it was practice drawing some scenery/bits of buildings since I usually just draw portraits and figures and leave all background out.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 04:23:27 PM »
I LOVE NIGHT VALE! And Anne, I've actually read a lot of your fan fiction- love it!

Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

valkyrie_fe

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 09:57:12 PM »
I love Night Vale! :D I've been relistening of late, because when I first got into it I kind of fell out of it for a while (I'd always listen before bed and then fall asleep and it was getting on my nerves >>) so I can't wait to get all caught up. :D

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »
I haven't got any new episodes since... hmm, august? Need to update em all and listen to them all

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 10:40:26 PM »
I LOVE NIGHT VALE! And Anne, I've actually read a lot of your fan fiction- love it!

Oh gosh, thanks!

(looking back at my last post... did I NOT get the photo thing to work? It said it was working at the time...)

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 11:59:25 PM »

Oh gosh, thanks!

(looking back at my last post... did I NOT get the photo thing to work? It said it was working at the time...)

Yeah we need to be best friends because now you're into MLP, live in CA, and write some of my FAVORITE Night Vale fan fiction. Ugh.

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

Oh gosh, thanks!

Yeah we need to be best friends because now you're into MLP, live in CA, and write some of my FAVORITE Night Vale fan fiction. Ugh.

:D

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:05 AM »
The latest episode... wow. I really liked it. It was... 'quiet', in a way-- it wasn't about Cecil (much), or about the goings-on at the station, and it offered very little in the way of looking at the side characters that we know and love already, but man. I feel like it really gave us something. (and it was sad, in a weary, quiet way...)

And I enjoyed the weather!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:05 AM »

The latest episode... wow. I really liked it. It was... 'quiet', in a way-- it wasn't about Cecil (much), or about the goings-on at the station, and it offered very little in the way of looking at the side characters that we know and love already, but man. I feel like it really gave us something. (and it was sad, in a weary, quiet way...)

I feel kind if stupid because I didn't feel like I really understood it, aside from it being the other side of A Story About You, which I loved. I wasn't really sure who the two men are but I'm not sure we are supposed to know, other than that they are Strex employees, most likely. Someone on tumblr mentioned that the man who is not short is probably Kevin? It sort of sounded like his brand of sweet naïveté.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:07 PM »

I feel kind if stupid because I didn't feel like I really understood it, aside from it being the other side of A Story About You, which I loved. I wasn't really sure who the two men are but I'm not sure we are supposed to know, other than that they are Strex employees, most likely. Someone on tumblr mentioned that the man who is not short is probably Kevin? It sort of sounded like his brand of sweet naïveté.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd thought that they were possibly from An Unnamed Government Agency, if not the Sheriff's Secret Police... since the random Night Vale citizen they abducted seemed to accept this as part of just life, and since A Story About You was before Strex really took over... but then again, Strex has bought the Sheriff's Secret Police by now anyway.

I doubt it was Kevin, because Kevin is someone we know by name, and someone Cecil knows, I think the characters were just mysterious unnamed agents. I mean, if Cecil is viewing all of this remotely to report on it, then if one of the men was the double who tried to strangle him... I don't know, I think he'd remark on that. (also, I can't imagine they'd write Kevin out like that, with no fanfare...)

I kind of liked not knowing everything, though-- it feels like as time goes on we might get more information about all this, if at a glacial pace. I liked hearing more about the war with the underground city, if just a tiny bit.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »
Eee! I just got tickets to the Night Vale performance in Minneapolis!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
Lucky you!
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal