collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I found a Monster High CAM set...sell or keep?  (Read 597 times)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I found a Monster High CAM set...sell or keep?
« on: March 29, 2014, 02:24:04 PM »
Hope it's alright that I post this here, but I don't have an account on the MH Arena.

I found the CAM Vampire and Sea Monster set at a thrift store and I'm looking for suggestions about what to do with it. I'm not a collector of MH, but I do think it's a cool concept, so I'm not sure if I should keep it and see if I get any ideas about it, or if I should sell it to someone who would appreciate it now.

It's not in a box, but it looks like all the pieces are here (two partially-assembled dolls with all their parts, two skirts/tops, one wig, one pare of shoes, a brush, and some kind of plastic thing that I think may be part of a stand?). Can anyone tell me if there should be anything else? Also, one hand of the Sea Monster is attached to the upper arm rather than forearm; can that be removed without breaking it? I'm afraid to pull too hard.

And how much are these worth if I decide to sell it?

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: I found a Monster High CAM set...sell or keep?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »
Yeah you should be able to pull out the hand, just make sure you pull it straight out, so it limits the possibility of something breaking.  Generally they come apart pretty easily.

Price wise, that set's no longer available in most stores (I've randomly seen it pop up in obscure locations) but I sold the vampire doll a while back for a decent price, like $10?  Looks like she's selling for about 9-10 nude on ebay atm.  Seems about the same for the sea monster.  The clothing you could always sell separately too, a lot of people collect the clothing but not really the dolls, so the clothing and shoes will sell too.

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:00:13 PM »
Hi! I'm a mod over at Monster High Arena, and I'd be glad to help you out with this. The vampire and sea monster Create a Monster dolls usually sell for $8 - $10 per doll if they have all of their parts.

If you are unsure about selling them yet, I say put them together and get a feel of them, see if you like them. If you do, congrats and come see us over at Monster High Arena. If you don't, just sell them to someone who does like them, or they even make a nice gift to a friend who likes dolls. Don't feel bad if you find you don't care for them, they're not everyone's cup of tea.

As for the hand stuck in the upper arm: The Create a Monster dolls are made to come apart to mix and match, so you should have no problem getting it out. Unless the previous owner tried using glue to hold it together that is.

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:02:04 AM »
Thanks for the info! I may hold on to it for a little longer and see how I feel, but I may still join the MH Arena anyway. Right now, the only person I know who likes MH is a 6-year-old!

As for the hand, I tried pulling it out, but it seems to be stuck. It's not glued because it turns, but pulling it seems to bend the pin holding the wrist joint together, so I may have to see if I can get it with something like jewelry pliers.

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »
Try pulling the hand out and not bending the peg. The pegs for the Create a Monster dolls are thicker than the regular Monster High dolls, but can  still break. If you put the doll on it's back and put the arm up, pull the hand straight up. This should do the trick.

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
Try pulling the hand out and not bending the peg.

That's....kind of the goal?

I got it with pliers; the problem was that I was pulling on the hand because there isn't enough peg at the wrist joint to grab. So the connecting piece in the joint holding the peg and hand together was bending. With small pliers, I was able to grab the peg below the wrist and it came out pretty easily. The arm also wasn't attached to the body, although that didn't make a difference here.

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »
Glad you got it out. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal